Mamata: Can consider tie-up with CPM

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by pmaitra, Aug 30, 2014.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Can consider tie-up with CPM, Mamata says

[HR][/HR]

The highlighted part made me choke.

On a serious note, would this be seen by the people as TMC, CPM, and Congress being the same entity, and will this be an opportunity for BJP to finally make inroads into WB?

TrueSpirit1, arnabmit, VIP and 3 others like this.
  3. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

A question for you please......is it good for WB if BJP come in power at state level there?

4. pmaitra

Whatever party is in the centre, should also be in power at the state level. This will be of benefit to any state that has a high population, and WB is no exception.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  5. bose

bose Senior Member Senior Member

There are few things to consider here.

1) Mamta has failed to give a clean government to the people, her ministers are worst the previous regime, the corruption is from the lowest to higher ministry level... Infact there are competing groups within the TMC each claiming as true TMC, the business people are at the receiving ends each have to pay twice or thrice the amount to keep the groups happy...

2) Mamta has tried all the tricks, she even played the communal card blatantly and muscle power to win the last general election.

3) With BJP getting landslide victory in last general election at all India level and ground swell of support in rural Bengal had made Mamta nervous... Mamta's greatest fear is that CBI will catch some of her close people / ministers involved in chit fund and other illegal deals...

4) BJP needs a leader with mass appeal, this is very necessary considering the fact that the CPM / Congress leaderships are ageing and there is no new noticeable face in them... Babul Supriyo although a new comer can be tried out ...

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  6. pmaitra

@bose, not sure about Babul Supriyo, whom I like as a singer, but not necessarily as a politician, who happens to be the alumnus of the school I went to, but I agree with the rest of your comment.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  7. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Well, seems like Nitish-Lalu inspired Mamata Didi !

8. bose

The present today BJP leaders like Rahul Sinha and others do not have the mass appeal nor they are doing anything to reach out to the people, unlike Babul Supriyo who has the ability to connect to all strata of people, there he became popular among people and one can connect to him as one of theirs... his winning the seat from Asansol was great feat...

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  9. bose

Certain section of CPM have aligned with BJP... that is what bothering her...

10. Sambha ka Boss

Sambha ka Boss Regular Member

Time to bring BJP's government in West Bengal and bring back Kolkata's lost old glory.

11. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The writing is there on the wall for all to see. One just needs to see the kind of people joining BJP at the ground level. almost 80% of them are former Communist Cadre, irrespective of religion.

In Bengal political dynamics is different. It will be always be a two party system. Till the LS elections it was TMC vs the Left . BJP was just a blip on the radar. The people of Bengal dumped the Left and plumped in for BJP. They have realised that TMC needs a strong opposition to rein in Didi. Congress is finished for the near future and just limited to some pockets.

In my few visits in the last 6-9 months I am seeing a desire from the common man for development and jobs. He is looking around and seeing progress in other states and wants the same in his state. If Mamata Didi can deliver ( unlikely) she is there for a long haul, and realisticly BJP can hope to become a strong opposition with around 20 to 25% vote share.

parijataka, TrueSpirit1 and pmaitra like this.
  12. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Asansol has a large percentage of voters who are non-Bengalis. This is not a representative constituency. But then yes he has the charisma and the appeal which other BJP leaders do not have.

TrueSpirit1 and pmaitra like this.
  13. bose

Very True, I myself come from that coal belt... I believe BJP has broken the Bengali - Non Bengali barrier, In Asansol itself people from all sides voted for Supriyo... and most of BJP workers are from rural areas as you rightly stated in your earlier post from all religions...

People in Bengal has great respect for BJP it being a disciplined party with state leaders with clean image... BJP need to give a hard push for the next state election due in 2 years...

BJP was also leading in places like Srirampur 20 Kms away from Kolkata, if the Election Commission in Bengal had been more tough with the TMC's rigging machinary, the result would have been different there...

TrueSpirit1 and sob like this.
  14. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Fascinating times ahead. Lallu, Nitu and freaking congia making mountain of mole hill after getting combined 6 seats in BY POLLS. I must say local parties are scared from BJP & they're desperate enough to do unusual things. This shows the reality of India. I hope WB people would understand the motifs of these local parties, I can't expect such thing from Bihar & UP but I can from WB...

15. NSG_Blackcats

NSG_Blackcats Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009 Senior Member

Its seems MODI is turning out to be a unifying figure.

First JUD+RJD+Congi and now leftfront+TMC+Congi...what next SP+BSP+Congi , AIADM+DMK+... in TN :p

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  16. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

No happening ...

lalu and JD(U) both bases supporters are different in bihar

While that mamata and left front are same in west bengal...

Also wait till lalu consumes JD(U) in future elections

Lalu has started acting like big brother/bully while JD(U) has quietly accepted lalu roles as big brother in order to staisfy ego of its top leader....

Same would be AIADM n DMK

Can`t predict about sp and bsp alltough both have different vote base ego of mayawati cant help

TrueSpirit1 likes this.
  17. NSG_Blackcats

NSG_Blackcats Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009 Senior Member

Common on sir, that post was made in sarcasm. :lol:

18. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Yes. Mamta dug her own graves here. Now Left/TMC/Cong would face the same future as SP/BSP/Cong in UP.

Next time elections would happen under 100% CRPF deployment (Local police not allowed within 100m of polling booth). Tough times for TMC & Left in WB. Swords and pistols will not be able to get votes any more.

TrueSpirit1 likes this.