Mamata calls YSR's wife; Congress, TDP worry

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Jul 8, 2013.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Mamata bi, Jagan Reddy, Lallu Prasad, Mulayam Singh - dream team of Federal Front 2014....:p

God help India!

Mamata calls YSR's wife; Congress, TDP worry

A call made by Mamata Banerjee to Vijayamma, wife of late Andhra Pradesh chief minister Dr Y S Rajashekhar Reddy and mother of Jagan Mohan Reddy, is adding frown lines to the faces of Congress and Telegu Desam Party leaders alike.

Speculations about the YSR Congress Party teaming up with the Trinamool Congress can already be heard in the state’s political corridors.

But Congress and TDP leaders have no cause for worry if sources within the YSR Congress are to be believed.

The party, founded by YSR’s son Jagan after he was kicked out of the Congress, is more interested in joining hands with the Communist Party of India - Marxist before the Lok Sabha polls next year.

The YSR Congress is confident that it will do well in the elections. Though the CPI -M has only four seats in the assembly, the latter has a large number of cadres in the state. YSR Congress is a relatively new party and it will need the help of grass-root level workers while campaigning across the large state.

The CPI-M, which is trying to consolidate its base in Andhra, may agree to such an alliance as well.

While details of the alliance are being kept under wraps, the YSR Congress is expected to make an announcement shortly. But party insiders are reluctant to comment on the possibility of the YSR Congress joining the much-talked-about Third Front.

3. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

Why they are worring

Come to 2014 if YSR party has number and congress needs number , then everybody can join in to prevent communal force coming to power in delhi

And yes also have their share in pie

parijataka and TrueSpirit like this.
  4. parijataka

Yesudas Samuel Rajasekhara Reddy (YSR), Jagan's father, sold Andhra's resources for a song and a nice cut for himself. Some sweeteners were given to rural poor such as free power to farmers, health insurance etc. for which he is still remembered fondly by the masses and Jagan and his mother and sister use this to whip up mass's fervour by talking about the glorious days of 'Rajanna rajyam` alluding to YSR's tenure as CM. Andhra was practically an ATM for party funds due to YSR's `enterprising` nature. Jagan however fell out with party and was targeted through caged parrot - till then all corruption was ignored. Chandrababu Naidu (CBN) , a good administrator, was voted out by rural AP due to drought and concentrating on urban areas.

As you said, Jagan will very likely team up with dhongress a la Chiranjeevi to keep out `communal forces` and/or due to CBI pressure applied at right time.

I wish Andhra people would vote TDP's CBN or Loksatta Party's Jayaprakash Narayan, guess it is too much to ask, both better parties IMO.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  5. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

One theory I have heard is, Jagan's interest in petrochemicals. He was offered a decent stake but the greed had the better of him and he was on the verge of starting a petrochemical company with complete stake with this company when the end came and the blessing of his end were from the top office.

Incidently, and if observed closely, this "parrot" has stopped issuing statements in favor of Modi any more.

Srinivas_K likes this.
  6. parijataka

??? Didn't get that one, I meant CBI by caged parrot and they are always being used as attack dog of ruling party, so when were they ever issuing statements in favour of Modi ?

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Can't handle her own state, Mamata on her way to court Vijayamma!

:facepalm:

8. parijataka

Actually, whatever her moronic statements Mamata is at least personally honest. Cant say the same about Vijayamma and her brood.

9. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

No comments on honesty. I think I can say that Mamata is where she is because of her own efforts, but Vijayamma is basically getting importance because of her late husband.

10. parijataka

Ok. Mamata is getting bad press because of her temper and opposition to Congress IMO. I would still prefer her to YSR family.

11. thakur_ritesh

@parijataka,

My mistake. I wrote Jagan in place of YSR, and the parrot is in reference to a business baron with high stakes in petrochemical business. He was supposedly arm twisted on Modi and told that heli crashes don't just happen to politicians.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    parijataka likes this.
  12. thakur_ritesh

@parijataka,

My mistake. I wrote Jagan in place of YSR, and the parrot is in reference to a business baron with high stakes in petrochemical business. He was supposedly arm twisted on Modi and told that heli crashes don't just happen to politicians.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015