Mamata Banerjee warns Facebook, Twitter, says she is 'not a cartoon'

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Galaxy, May 12, 2012.

1. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Mamata Banerjee warns Facebook, Twitter, says she is 'not a cartoon'

KOLKATA: Resurrecting the issue of cartoons lampooning her sent by email by a Jadavapur University professor, West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee today claimed it actually contained a message threatening to assassinate her.

She also alleged a conspiracy through Facebook, Twitter and SMS and said "I am being shown in Facebook. Now, it is my turn. I will show you Facebook".

"Mamata Banerjee is not a cartoon. A section of the media called it a cartoon. But they are wrong. It contained the word 'Vanish', which means a plan to assassinate and kill Mamata Banerjee," the chief minister told a party meeting in reference to the cartoon sent by Prof Ambikesh Mahapatra who was arrested and later released leading to a hue and cry.

"Why did the professor use someone else's email to send it? A professor is supposed to guide his students with good advice. If a rickshawalla commits a crime, it will be a criminal act. And if you commit a crime, you are professor. The law applies to all," she said.

She also saw a political conspiracy on Facebook, Twitter and through SMS against her. :shocked:

"There is a political conspiracy through Facebook, Twitter and SMS. I am being shown in Facebook. Now, it is my turn. I will show you Facebook," she warned. She also saw a larger conspiracy allegedly by CPM and Maoists.

"CPM always provides encouragement. Emails are being sent by ultra-Left backed organisations," she said.

Mamata Banerjee warns Facebook, Twitter, says she is 'not a cartoon' - The Times of India

3. Galaxy

Galaxy Elite Member Elite Member

Mamata revives cartoon row, alleges assassination threat

Kolkata: Resurrecting the issue of cartoons lampooning her, sent through email by a Jadavapur University professor, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed it actually contained a message threatening to assassinate her.

She also alleged a conspiracy through Facebook, Twitter and SMS and said "I am being shown in Facebook. Now, it is my turn. I will show you Facebook".

"Mamata Banerjee is not a cartoon. A section of the media called it a cartoon. But they are wrong. It contained the word 'Vanish', which means a plan to assassinate and kill Mamata Banerjee," the Chief Minister told a party meeting in reference to the cartoon sent by Prof Ambikesh Mahapatra who was arrested and later released leading to a hue and cry.

"Why did the professor use someone else's email to send it? A professor is supposed to guide his students with good advice. If a rickshawalla commits a crime, it will be a criminal act. And if you commit a crime, you are professor. The law applies to all," she said.

The West Bengal Chief Minister also saw a political conspiracy on Facebook, Twitter and through SMS against her.

She also saw a larger conspiracy allegedly by CPM and Maoists.

"CPM always provides encouragement. Emails are being sent by ultra-Left backed organisations."

Mamata revives cartoon row, alleges assassination threat - Politics - Politics News - ibnlive

4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Conspiracy to kill her? :rofl: will she now do what Mayawati does to protect herself from invisible and non existent threats?

5. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Wtf?

RIP brain cells.

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

8. sukhish

sukhish Senior Member Senior Member

she is indeed a cartoon. I mean she is literraly a thug

9. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

So what do we say? A thurtoon?

parijataka likes this.
  10. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

She is the biggest cartoon. ugly cartoon

11. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Out of control Cow!!

I may go to jail for saying this! lol..

12. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

So Mamta is going to declare fatwa against FB,Tw ?