Malaysia court rules non-Muslims can't use 'Allah'

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
KUALA LUMPUR: A Malaysian appeals court on Monday upheld a government ban against the use of the word ''Allah'' to refer to God in non-Muslim faiths, overruling claims by Christians in this Muslim-majority nation that the restriction violates their religious rights.

''Allah'' is the Arabic word for God and is commonly used in the Malay language to refer to God. But the Malaysian government insists that ''Allah'' should be exclusively reserved for Muslims because of concerns its use by others would confuse Muslims and could be used to convert them.

Malaysia's Christian, Buddhist and Hindu minorities have often complained that the government infringes in their constitutional right to practice religion freely, accusations the government denies.

Monday's judgment in the Court of Appeals overturns a decision by a lower court nearly four years ago that ruled against the government ban. Anger over that ruling sparked a string of arson attacks and vandalism at Malaysian churches and other places of worship.

The legal dispute stems from efforts by the newspaper of the Roman Catholic Church in Malaysia to use ''Allah'' in its Malay-language weekly publication.

Roman Catholic representatives deny there are attempts to convert Muslims and say the government ban is unreasonable because Christians who speak the Malay language had long used ''Allah'' in their Bibles, literature and songs before authorities sought to enforce the curb in recent years.

Judge Mohamed Apandi Ali, who led a three-member appeals court panel, said the use of ''Allah'' was ''not an integral part of the faith and practice of Christianity.'' ''It is our judgment that there is no infringement of any constitutional rights'' in the ban, he said. ''We could find no reason why the (Catholic newspaper) is so adamant to use the word 'Allah' in their weekly. Such usage if allowed will inevitably cause confusion within the community.''

The Rev. Lawrence Andrew, editor of the Catholic newspaper, The Herald, said they plan to appeal Monday's verdict in Malaysia's Federal Court, the nation's highest.

''We are greatly disappointed and dismayed,'' he said. ''This is unrealistic. It is a retrograde step in the development of law in relation to the fundamental liberty of religious minorities.''

Malaysia court rules non-Muslims can't use 'Allah' - DAWN.COM

kseeker

Retired
^^ Malaysia is slowly inching towards radical Islamism. It seems, they are trying to appease other Islamic states in Asia ...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Is using the word Allah some big deal in one's salvation?

So, why use it and upset others?

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
^^ Malaysia is slowly inching towards radical Islamism. It seems, they are trying to appease other Islamic states in Asia ...
Malaysia has been a shit hole of radical Islam since ages. Have you even seen Muslims protesting with head of dead cow in their hands against Hindus in a metropolitan city, no ? Search Malaysia.

kseeker

Retired
Malaysia has been a shit hole of radical Islam since ages. Have you even seen Muslims protesting with head of dead cow in their hands against Hindus in a metropolitan city, no ?
You must be referring demolition of Hindu temples in Malaysia in 2006 and anti-Hindu protest in 2009. This has started since last decade AFAIK, before that things were better over there for minorities.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Allah was used even before islam, infact even today many jews, christians and pagans still use it in west asia.

bennedose

Moronic ruling.

Is the judge saying that Allah is a god with limited powers who is not even powerful enough to stop kafirs from using his name and the judge has to do it and show that he has powers that Allah does not have? That is funny :rofl:

Somehow I think this ruling is going to backfire...

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
when muslims are in minority they play victim.
When they are in majority then they try to eradicate minority by these kind of biased laws.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
This verdict is to stop the missionaries within Malaysia because its not any issue in Middle east . Arab christians ánd Arab jews are using the term ALLAH even before Prophet Muhammed Pbuh. Missionaries are at work ...

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Playing victim again.
i guess you are from minority.
Missionaries are infact an major issue in the third and developing countries. Here you stop playing victim and try to understand the internal issues in majority of countries because of these missionaries activities .

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Missionaries are infact an major issue in the third and developing countries. Here you stop playing victim and try to understand the internal issues in majority of countries because of these missionaries activities .
I don't play victim.

and about your third world sh8t.US,UK and Germany call themselves christian countries and they openly say we should reduce the population of muslims and other religion.
not only this they donate dollars and euros to third world countries which in turns get into the hand of evanangelicals.
Do you know what is the price you will get for getting baptised??
it's 10 lacs

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I don't play victim.

and about your third world sh8t.US,UK and Germany call themselves christian countries and they openly say we should reduce the population of muslims and other religion.
not only this they donate dollars and euros to third world countries which in turns get into the hand of evanangelicals.
Do you know what is the price you will get for getting baptised??
it's 10 lacs
So can Malaysia or any other country stop itself because of the missionaries activities ? If yes , then why its playing of victim card in here ?

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
So can Malaysia or any other country stop itself because of the missionaries activities ? If yes , then why its playing of victim card in here ?
i don't even know what you just said.
are you confused or something???
I clearly said that muslims play minority card wherever they are until they are majority and when they are majority then they start the process of eradicating other religion.
then you brought in some christian thing and derailed the whole topic

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
i don't even know what you just said.
are you confused or something???
I clearly said that muslims play minority card wherever they are until they are majority and when they are majority then they start the process of eradicating other religion.
then you brought in some christian thing and derailed the whole topic
Malaysia is a Muslim majority country and they don't have to play this minority or majority game , when its about the Missionaries even Country like India have took steps being a secular country against missionaries and anti conversion bill was passed .

India Legislature OK's Anti-Christian Conversion Bill - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Malaysia is a Muslim majority country and they don't have to play this minority or majority game , when its about the Missionaries even Country like India have took steps being a secular country against missionaries and anti conversion bill was passed .

India Legislature OK's Anti-Christian Conversion Bill - World - CBN News - Christian News 24-7 - CBN.com
this is what i've said that when alaysians are in majority then they are trying hard to eradicate minority by stripping them off there rights.
On the other hand they cry when myanmar budhists kick some rohingya a$$.
governor didn't signed it.
and btw did you read the comments on that page.
F@cking christians jihadis ranting typical nonsense.

Last edited:

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
this is what i've said that when alaysians are in majority then they are trying hard to eradicate minority by stripping them off there rights.
Different countries are having different ways to handle the situation . In Arab countries , its not any issue as the Arab Christians use the term Allah but when its comes to Malaysia , they are making objections for the use of ALLAH word by missionaries . Missionaries are not minorities but mainly foreigners and outsiders .

On the other hand they cry when myanmar budhists kick some rohingya a$$.
The case of Rohingyas is not religious but racial issue , these are Muslims of Indian Origin and even Hindus are getting killed by the Myanmar regime which is more or less linked to the internal politics of Myanmar .

There are many separatists groups active in Myanmar . Chin,Kuki,Zomi and Kachin are Christian Separatists , Karen, Karenni are non Buddhists , Mom, Shan and Wa People are Buddhists and Rohingyas are part of Burmese Indians.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
Different countries are having different ways to handle the situation . In Arab countries , its not any issue as the Arab Christians use the term Allah but when its comes to Malaysia , they are making objections for the use of ALLAH word by missionaries . Missionaries are not minorities but mainly foreigners and outsiders .

The case of Rohingyas is not religious but racial issue , these are Muslims of Indian Origin and even Hindus are getting killed by the Myanmar regime which is more or less linked to the internal politics of Myanmar .

There are many separatists groups active in Myanmar . Chin,Kuki,Zomi and Kachin are Christian Separatists , Karen, Karenni are non Buddhists , Mom, Shan and Wa People are Buddhists and Rohingyas are part of Burmese Indians.
actually budhists don't like anyone who is not budhist eg srilankan monks beating muslims and demolishing masjids.
so the case with mayanmar is also same.
aren't the rohingiyas missionaries too???
did you saw india hindus protesting over the killing of mayanmarese hindus????
did you saw indian hindus asking to give refuge to pakistani hindus???
But let me tell you those muslims disrespected my countries martyr by kicking the amar jawan jyoti.
you won't find a single muslim in protest against government wrong policies but i saw 50k of them muslims on streets because of these rohingiyas.
I saw my north easterner indian people being threatened by these muslims because of some illegal bangladeshi.

I am not religion biased or something but it's just muslims should remain minority or else we will be paying jizya or things for even being atheist,people will be stoned to death,head chopped off,woman in burqas,kids with guns,suicide bombings and etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles