Make me a Union minister instead: Why Subramanian Swamy may not be the next VC of JNU

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Vishwarupa, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

The post of Jawaharlal Nehru University vice-chancellor is not one that Subramanian Swamy wishes to hold. He wants to remain in active politics and be part of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s cabinet, if possible.

This is the fifth time he has declined a government post offered to him in the past year, but there is a difference this time round. The other posts were offered quietly, as is the norm with any top appointment, and Swamy quietly declined them. But this time since it involved JNU, a premier Left-oriented Central university, the “leak” of news that Swamy — a known proponent of Hindutva — was being considered as the next VC was bound to create a storm.

The offer, if it actually fructifies, couldn’t be more ironic. Swamy’s views on Jawaharlal Nehru are too well known. He does not consider Nehru a nationalist, and occasionally uses even stronger words to denounce Nehru and his legacy. One does not have to be an astrologer or a meteorologist to say that Swamy heading a university founded in Nehru’s name is a certain recipe for an onset of days full of hail and storm.

[​IMG]
    Subramanian Swamy. IBN Live.

Swamy, it seems is enjoying the attention, and with a series of tweets, has kept the debate going: “Media is on fire that I have been offered the JNU VC post. No formal offer nor will there be if the Govt cannot meet my preconditions.” In another tweet he said, “PTs are overwhelmingly against my accepting JNU VC post. No question of my considering unless allowed to rusticate anti-national students.” In his latest tweet he said "I think JNU needs an Anti Narcotics Bureau campus branch office to raid dorms and arrest naxals, Jehadis and Elis. BSF camp also”.

Swamy said to Firstpost, “My mind is focused. I will be in politics. If they have to give me something then they could offer me a ministerial berth in the Union Cabinet.”

Swamy had earlier stated that in the days before the 2014 Parliamentary Election, he had been promised the finance minister's job by someone at the top, but after the election, the same person told him that as a result of certain compulsions, he could no longer have the post. Then came an offer for the post of governor, which he refused because he didn’t want to go into 'retirement mode'. This was followed by the offer of an ambassadorial post in the US or some Western country. A UN posting was also offered, after which the job of BRICS Bank chairman was also offered to him. He didn’t take that one either.

The post of JNU VC is the latest in the long list of offers, and he has once again said no. Sources close to him say that he suspects that some members of the BJP — a senior minister in particular — wants him to be pushed out of political horizon. Swamy on his part is in no mood to oblige them.

The leadership is not offering him what he actually wants for two reasons: First, who will tame his fiercely independent streak and tendency to speak his heart irrespective of the political consequences it might have? Second, Swamy is now 76, a year older than the RSS’ prescribed age for holding such posts. Yashwant Sinha had famously described 75-plus as “brain dead” in the party.

The JNU VC’s offer came to him through some well placed “well-wishers” and they cited various reasons why his services were required there, sources said. Those who made the offer to him said that they had suspected that he (Swamy) would say “no” to them, but they were still conveying the message.

Swamy in turn, told the “well wishers” that he wouldn’t accept the offer and if he did he would do it only if his conditions were met. Swamy was well aware that these were near-impossible conditions which could never be granted, so the offer was as good as dead. But the arguments made by Swamy apart from what he has tweeted, are interesting.

Sources said he told them if he takes over, he would expel hundreds of naxals and LTTE sympathisers from the campus, and take such other measures that would create an uproar in Parliament. To defend his actions, he would need to be in Parliament and thus would need to be made an MP. But if he becomes an MP, he can’t be a VC.

If he becomes a VC, a joint secretary from the HRD Ministry would often bother him with certain orders, and since he has been a Union minister it would be beneath his dignity to take orders from a joint secretary. So if at all, he had to become a VC, the government first needs to upgrade his position to Cabinet status.

And finally, if he has to be given the status of a Cabinet minister, why would he need to become a VC and not a minister in the Union government?

It's safe to say the JNU VC offer is as good as dead.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/m...efinitely-not-be-the-next-jnu-vc-2444772.html

Why is Subramany Swamy not given Cabinet Berth by BJP government, i prefer him over FM Arun Jaitely or current Law Ministry.

3. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

We all know which powerful minister does not want him to be in a power position at cabinet. AJ comes to mind, huh?

However, I too believe in a Cabinet Position he would be more of a.liability than an asset. He simply cannot be trusted to stick to an agenda or follow the leader, as in Modi, truly and loyally. His hatred for Gandhis, or his out-spokenness in itself do not qualify him to be a Cabinet Minister.

4. tsunami

tsunami Regular Member

BJP have made a rule to not give ministries to 75+ politicians. This is how they keep Advani, Murli monohar and other out of the game and think this is right with Swami is only victim of this rule because he is more deserving for FM then Jaitely.

If they have to offer they should offer him President post after Pranab da. That is the post he deserve and obviously giving it to Advani is not at all an option now.

Kharavela likes this.
  5. Vishwarupa

Dr. Subramanian Swamy: Westernized journalists have made it a fashion to criticize Hinduism -FULL INTERVIEW

On Aug 29 2015, Dr. Subramanian Swamy who visited Irving, Texas for symposium on Protection & Restoration of Hindu Temples, organized by Global Hindu Heritage Foundation and Sanatana Dharma Foundation sat down for an exclusive interview with citizen journalist Abhishek Maharaja on his way to Dallas International Airport, Texas, USA.

[​IMG]

On renaming the Aurangzeb road: Well, I have been agitating for a long time, in fact the first person I raised this with was Rajiv Gandhi, but he was in no position. Because his party was in this mad pursuit of this peculiar secularism which really meant anti-Hindu. But now, Modi has got it done, it’s a remarkable thing and many other changes need to take place. You see, you can submit to DMK and change the name of capital of Tamil Nadu from Madras to Chennai. Bombay to Mumbai, this has been going on. Aurangzeb was a mad dictator, you should see the farmans he has issued against Hindus, he was the one who put special tax on Hindus, called Jazia.

I also think the cities like Ahmedabad and Allahabad needs to change. They were pre-existing cities. In Allahabad, there was a city of Prayag and in the case of Ahmedabad it was Karnavati, and in the case of Aurangabad it was Sambajinagar. These things must be done, we can’t pretend we are a new civilization we are a continued civilization and where something has been done forcibly on us, we have to reverse it.

On Government Interference on Temple: According to IPC, Government has the right to take only the financial part of any religious place, if it finds enough evidence into its mismanagement. Right now there are about four and a half lakh temples which are under Government control and not even one religious place of any other religion. We are seeing that Government interferes into other aspects of Temple management as well. Temple is not only a place of worship but it is a cultural place as well, where the community gathers to learn Yoga, Music, Dance, Vedas and other cultural values.

On Ram Mandir: By end of next year, the Ram Mandir will be made, either Modi does it or I will do it.

On Article 370: It’s a central Govt matter, it’s a once shot affair, all you have to do is that the president has to issue a notification that the article 370 cease to exist. We got 5 years, only one year has gone, sometime during the remaining 4 years we would do it.

On Finance Ministry: Arun Jaitley is not an economist, he is clueless. He has to rely on his advisors and he has got them from America (Raghuram Rajan, Reserve Bank) they don’t know anything about India. They should have been sacked but Jaitley doesn’t understand economics, so he is bound to rely on people’s advice and those guys are committed to IMF and their audience in America.

Black Money: Yeah black money can be brought back but Mr Jaitley doesn’t know how and I have written to the Prime Minister and I hope he looks at the steps I have suggested

On Common Civil Code: Muslims have accepted common criminal code, why can’t they accept Common Civil Code? If criminal code does not violate Sharia, how can civil code?

We see resistance from two categories, one is the Muslim mullahs, they think that this process will assimilate the Muslims into Hindus. If you don’t have a distinction, Muslim will become a Hindu and the second group is westernized leftist who don’t want Hindu consolidation.

On Media: Westernized journalists have made it a fashion to run down Hinduism, they are doing it out of a conviction but that is a wrong conviction. We need journalists who know the subject, know how to argue and are not like the Ramsena entering into bars and beating up girls, that kind of thing we can’t do. We need people who are articulate who know the subject.

On Bollywood: Bollywood also needs rectification, because the financing has been with Dawood Ibrahim support and nobody can become an actor or actress unless they keep Dawood happy, those are the things we have to do.

On Pakistan and their Terrorists: There is nothing to discuss with Pakistan Government, because the Pakistan Government doesn’t have any voice, it’s a dummy Government. We have already caught two terrorists, we should bomb their camps.

US handling of ISIS: America is not handling it, because America don’t have man power to expand, they are afraid there will be causalities and again the president will become unpopular. I think the way to handle ISIS is that India, Israel and America should form an alliance and India should extract a price for sending the Indian troops to fight the ISIS. Tell the Americans to build our highways like yours and we will send our troops and Israeli will give us the intelligence.

Terrorism in India: Kill them, there is no other way, use your intelligence bureau to find out about the sleeper cells and kill them

On Bihar Elections: Some people are angry with us for not bringing back black money, the economy is not in great shape, there are no new jobs created but they know Lalu-Nitish will not produce good administration; they will do more of caste politics. It’s difficult to say just now, if you ask 1 week before the election I will be able to tell.

Why BJP lost Delhi: The congress vote got transferred to AAP. But that is not an excuse, we should have foreseen that and enhanced our vote and part of the problem was that there were many CM aspirants and suddenly we brought someone from outside and the party workers didn’t work

On old blackmailer journalist story: There is no doubt that most of the blackmailer journalists don’t come to me, there was a blackmailer journalist who was asked why don’t you blackmail Dr Swamy, he said, “Dr Swamy would pull out a dossier with charges against me” and there was some masala added to that story. No one has the guts to come to me and blackmail, if someone comes to me, I would call the police and get them arrested

About the Emergency Story: During the emergency there was an arrest warrant on my name, after six month in America, I returned to India, undetected, entered parliament while they were discussing obituary. Between two sessions of parliament when people die who are members of parliament, they figure in the obituary list and that is the first item taken up. So, I got up and said, you have not included democracy, which also died. So, of course, it was ruled out of order and I walked out, they couldn’t catch me.

How to unite Indians (Hindus and Muslims): Muslims should accept their ancestors were Hindus, once they accept than they become part of our larger family; right now they feel animosity towards Israel, even though Israel has been a great friend of India, In fact one of the first resolutions Israel passed was to thank India, because India was the only country that had not persecuted Jews. This link of Indian Muslim with the Arab Muslim needs to be broken. They need to relate with India. The Mullahs don’t want this because they would become more and more like Hindus and the distinction wouldn’t be there.

About reservations should it be on economic basis: It is a theoretical solution, if you make it on economy based than the people who have got it now, will revolt, they will also mobilize people. You have given it now to get it back Government can’t just issue a fatwa. All these reservations are only for Government Jobs and universities. The answer to that is to build more universities so that no one is denied admission and two develop private sector so there is no reservation. So reservation becomes useless.

Bangalorean and Kharavela like this.
  6. Vishwarupa

For Loling Subramany Swamy should be made the Governor of Delhi

7. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

Haha... poor Kejru will literally run away. :rofl:

OneGrimPilgrim and jackprince like this.
  8. guru-dutt

guru-dutt Regular Member

agreed swamy ji is a brilliant man and a lawyer and troll lawyer at that with exellence very few can achieve the tamasha kajri begum is will piss in her undies hearing this :D

OneGrimPilgrim likes this.