Maiden Fauji Mela enthralls audience

bhramos

Country flag
GUWAHATI: The first 'Fauji Mela' exposition held by 4th Corps at the historic Darrang College ground in Tezpur on Sunday was opened with a heartrending song by Bhupen Hazarika 'Koto Juwanor Mrityu Hoi', which he wrote while sitting at the Bomdila Club after the Sino-Indian War in 1962.

Defence spokesman Lt Col S S Phogat said the event organised by the 4thCorps headed GOC Lt Gen Shakti Gurung was inaugurated by chief minister Tarun Gogoi. "The exposition was aimed to showcase the strength, organization and capabilities of the Indian army to the people of the state. The finesse of its conduct by the Gajraj Corps made it an event to cherish," the spokesman stated.

The theme of the Fauji Mela was, 'We care for our People'. The role of the army in national integration manifested itself in the event. The chief minister's wife, Dolly Gogoi, also present at the mela which was attended by several senior civil and military dignitaries, including chief secretary NK Das.

The highlight of the mela was a well choreographed display of combat power comprising of combat free fall by commandos, mock attacks, battle drills and a high energy charge by Gorkha soldiers severing the heads of the enemy with their khukris. There was also a captivating display of skills by the army dog unit and delightful trick riding on mules exemplified the cohesiveness of the army jointmanship with the Air Force.

The event was witnessed by over 10,000 spectators, the spokesman added.

Maiden Fauji Mela enthralls audience - The Times of India

bhramos

Country flag
some pics from Fauji Mela
this is from Tezpur

This pics from J&K

bhramos

Country flag
A Two Day Army Exhibtion (Fauji Mela) in Mhow

Fauji Mela in Mhow.
Jan 12-13 2012.
To celebrate National Youth Day (the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda).
The station commander Brigadier Mukesh Kumar was requested by Mhow MLA and State Industries Minister Shri Kailash Vijayvargiya to extend the mela by one day so that people from Indore could also see it. That is the reason why the exhibition of military hardware was open on Jan 13 too.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
These Fauji Melas are a great vehicle to showcase the Army and get chaps interested in joining the Army.

bhramos

Country flag
These Fauji Melas are a great vehicle to showcase the Army and get chaps interested in joining the Army.
my favourate was navy, to sea whole world,
but physical didnt made me to select.

bhramos

Country flag
Indian Army weaponry exhibition in Kolkata on January 31,

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
But the pupils really interested get rejected.........
Since I got selected I really cannot comment.

I presume that all are keen to get selected, some get selected and some don't!

But then all are keen to get selected!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles