Mahindra MPVI

sandeepdg

When will this be operational, BR ?? Any info on that, please share.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Impressive durability. This is why pvt sector is needed BIG TIME in Indian defense. Sarkari dodos need to be warned by people that their money sucking days are over and that they better clear the private giants to enter and refine defense development. I hope this beast is inducted in Army and commando units ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

StealthSniper

If the private sector gets the backing that it deserves, I really believe that they can compete with foreign weapons systems and maybe that's why other countries are trying hard to sell their equipment to India to HELP THEIR INDUSTRY while ours stands idle.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
When will this be operational, BR ?? Any info on that, please share.
It's Operational as far as the development of the system is concerned what is pending now is orders from the MoD(as far as saint Anthony is concerned he ain't loosening up the purse strings any time soon). Mahindra is also trying to garner orders from various state police departments and the home ministry(CRPF etc) but no luck for this baby so far.

Also as the vehicle itself is pretty new(it debuted at the DEFEXPO earlier this yr), it'll take a while before any orders start to come along.

Just for fun i'll post the pics of the other private manufacturer's MPV's from DEFEXPO 2010 (All these pics have been taken by yours truly)

TATA

Leyland

Shree lakshmi defense solutions

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles