Mahabharat Reloaded

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

Northern Indian woman Rajo Verma is married to brothers Sant Ram Verma, Bajju Verma, Gopal Verma, Guddu Verma and Dinesh Verma. She sleeps with a different one each night and has no idea which one of them is the father of her 18-month-old son.

“Initially it felt a bit awkward,” she told the Sun newspaper. “But I don’t favor one over the other.”

The seven-member family shares one room in Dehradun.

Verma, 21, and first husband, Guddu, were united in an arranged Hindu marriage four years ago. She then was married to the other four brothers in support of an ancient tradition called polyandry. Baiju is the oldest at 32, while Dinesh is the youngest at 19, according to The Daily News.

“We all have sex with her but I’m not jealous," first husband Guddu said. "We’re one big happy family.”

Apparently this runs in Rajo’s family.

“My mother was also married to three brothers so when I got wed I knew I had to accept all of them as my husbands," she said. “I sleep with them in turn. We don’t have beds, just lots of blankets on the floor.

She added: “I get a lot more attention and love than most wives.”

Sources: (The Daily News); (The Sun)

Indian Woman Rajo Verma is Married To Five Brothers, Unsure of Baby’s Father

maomao and bharata like this.
  3. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

what a disgrace to human civilisation,

gotti likes this.
  4. gotti

gotti Tihar Jail Banned

Polygamy is allowed in Islam and Pakistan but it is not practiced, as much as it is in the Arab world.

Could you explain as to why this phenomenon of polyandry, so active in India?

Is India a matriarchal society despite the foeticide figures that we see in Punjab?

What is the reason behind this? Religion like Pakistan or Arabs?

or some other reason like foeticide in the North part of India, which has destroyed gender ratios leaving India with more men than women?

5. Bhadra

Bhadra Defence Professionals Defence Professionals Senior Member

You Pakies are utterly misled by whatever nonsense you happen to know about India.

Polyandry was (was) practiced in very few sections of the society into amonst Jats essentially due to economic reasons and stop division of family land. It was calle "Sanjhi" in UP, Punjab and Hariyana but is no more in practice now.

The man who started this thread is also a self hater who did not research properly into this.

6. gotti

gotti Tihar Jail Banned

It was a very innocent question and started off by mentioning an anomaly that you might seem to question, allowed in Pakistani society, but only acceptable in Gulf Arab society.

Thus, there was no need to have been so insecure about a topic that had only been asked about to enhance knowledge about a phenomenon, unbeknownst to me, exists very commonly (and exclusively, as you say) among the Jats, alone.

If people who point out issues in a society and feel the need to address them are self-haters, then, wouldn't you wish more people were self-haters?

Or, would you rather be an ostrich and let Rome burn?

7. Bhadra

I do not think polyandry is being practiced any where including Pakistan today..

And I did not say amonst Jat only.... but including jats...

India and Pakistan are lands of surprises where the nature of surprise may change every 50 km..

I did not not like its Mahabharata connection.... Had it been so shamefull and not having some value to the society, the great sage who wrote Mahabharata would not have described it..

Do not compare behaeding in Karbala with beheading on Indo Pak Loc.... both are not same..

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  8. ashdoc

certainly the fact that the woman has 5 husbands is remarkably like draupadi in mahabharat :smokin:

9. Bhadra

So live with it like that moneky who destroyed the nest of a sparrow...

What about the modern liberated women who may have not 5 but 100 husbands as you understand..

you know the meaning of husband ?

10. ashdoc

these 5 guys seem like husbands , not lovers :cool2:

11. Bhadra

What is the diffrence between paramours / F****** (not lovers) and husbands ?

Pandva brothers themselves married diffrently but why were they still husbands to Dropady..
    Do not talk of lovers... Radha devotees are her lovers.. Krishna loved all gopies..

just keep love aside..

12. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

What is disgraceful in this ? who will decide what is a civilized way and what is not ? I guess no one.

If it's a question of rights, then If a man can have four wives why can't a woman ? Everyone of them seems to be in agreement with each other, if you enjoy something which doesn't hurt anyone then that's not wrong I guess. Lucky woman though!

parijataka and bharata like this.
  13. Bhadra

Marriage or getting married is a "Sanskar" in Hindu philososphy without which there is no "Moksha"....

Marriage means:

Sapthapathi:

The bridegroom(BG) gets up from the seat holding the right hand of the bride(B). He then goes round the Holy Fire (Agni) from the right side, by lifting the right feet of B step by step. This is done for seven steps. With each step, he recites a mantra addressed to B, with the following meaning.
    "Let Lord Maha Vishnu follow each one of your steps for the following specific purposes.
    Step 1: To give you unlimited food.
    Step 2. To give you excellent health and energy.
    Step 3. To make you perform your vrithas (rituals) as ordained in Vedas, during your life time.
    Step 4. To give you happiness in life.
    Step 5. To make your cows and good animals to grow in strength and in numbers.
    Step 6. To make all the seasons be beneficial to you.
    Step 7. To make the homams (sacrifices to be done in Holy Fire) to be performed by you in your life as ordained in Vedas, successful and free from hindrances."
    Obviously, the idea behind this is to pray to Lord Vishnu, the protector of life, for his blessings in marital life.

BG then recites a mantra to convey the following meaning:

"After crossing seven steps with me thus, you should become my friend. I too have become your friend now. I will never discord this friendship and you should not also do that. Let us be together always. Let us resolve to do things in life in the same manner and tread the same path. Let us lead a life by liking and loving each other, having good heart and thoughts, and enjoying the food and our strong points together. Let us have undivided opinions. We will perform the vrithas united. Let us have same and joint desires. I will be Sama (one of the vedas); you will be Rig (another Veda). Let me be the Heaven; you be the Earth. Let me be the Shukla (Moon) and you be its wearer. Let me be the mind and you its spokesman (Vak). With these qualities, you be my follower. You the sweet tongued, come to me to get good male children and wealth."

Is there any sex in this..

why can not seven men promise this to a woman ??
    Why can not one woen promise it to five men ??

14. ashdoc

good point that of pandavas marrying other women too....

these 5 guys seem to be better than pandavas . they dont seem to be cheating with other women . they seem to be loyal .

pandavas were worst people . first they shared draupadi amongst themselves and then cheated on her too---shame shame :tsk:

15. Bhadra

your comprehension of marriage is cockaid to say the least..

the modern concept of cheating only relates to sex.. being committed to sex to only one.

your ideas are Not devotion and performance of worldly duties of household.. progression of family and being with a man in persuit of his dharma.

Or all Kings and powerful would keep thousands of concubines, without any refrence to reliogion but only for sex not for performance of Dharma (duties)..

16. Bhadra

Tell me how many children Drupadi begot ?

17. SATISH

SATISH DFI Technocrat Stars and Ambassadors

Polyandry is practiced in Nepal and a few Kashmiri regions and Ladakhi regions even now. So this never came as a surprise to me as the NGC and Discovery ran a documentary on this.

parijataka and A chauhan like this.
  18. ashdoc

to a woman loyalty is more important . draupadi would have preferred these five men to the husbands she got :rolleyes:

19. ashdoc

5---one form each pandava .

20. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

@ashdoc Draupadi had in previous birth done a Tapasya and asked Lord Shiva to have 5 loving virtuous husbands in her next birth and so she got Pandavas, as per the real story.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  21. Bhadra

F**** you Charlie..

You are deliberately bent upon descrediting one story without giving in to reason.

Story closed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.