Madhya Pradesh govt rehabs Bangla non-Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by AVERAGE INDIAN, Nov 7, 2014.

1. AVERAGE INDIAN

AVERAGE INDIAN EXORCIST Senior Member

NEW DELHI: Madhya Pradesh has implemented what PM Narendra Modi promised during campaigning five months ago.

Modi had promised deportation of illegal Bangladeshi migrants and rehabilitation of those who fled to India because of religious persecution. The Shivraj Singh Chouhan government has implemented the latter part of his promise by rehabilitating over 5,000 Bangladeshis who belonged to the 'minority' community in the neighbouring country.

They have been given citizenship, ration cards, shelter and employment, the state informed the Supreme Court on Wednesday. Though it did not reveal their religious identity, sources said there were no Muslims among them.

The response of the MP government came on a PIL filed by NGO 'Swajan', which had sought direction to the Centre and states not to deport those belonging to the minority community in Bangladesh who had illegally crossed into India to escape religious persecution. It had said that often, those belonging to the religious minority there were bracketed with Muslim illegal migrants and deported to Bangladesh, putting them back in the discriminatory surroundings.

The MP government, in its affidavit, gave a district-wise break-up of 5,464 Bangladeshi refugees settled in the state — Mandsaur (2,347), Betul (1,579), Dewas (820), Morena (507) and Khandwa (211).

"All 5,464 Bangladeshi immigrants residing in Madhya Pradesh as on June 2014 have been rehabilitated. They have been provided with citizenship, ration cards, shelters and most people have been employed in various projects of the state or are running independent businesses, apart from being agriculturists," the state said.

On February 22, Modi in a campaign speech in Assam had said, "As soon as we come to power at the Centre, detention camps housing Hindu migrants from Bangladesh will be done away with. We have a responsibility towards Hindus harassed in other countries. Where will they go? Our government cannot continue to harass them. We will have to accommodate them here."

Madhya Pradesh govt rehabs Bangla non-Muslims - The Times of India

3. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Madhya Pradesh has been rehabilitating Bengali Muslims since 1972.

Shame on WB for not doing this. Glory to generous MP.

4. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

It appears that MP has rehabilitated only non-Muslims from Bangladesh? In other words, those who have been facing religious persecution. So, I didn't understand your comment.

parijataka and maomao like this.
  5. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

How do they determine whether a person is Hindu or muslim? How to differentiate between a persecuted Bangladeshi hindu and Bangladeshi hindu looking for a better job. My personal opinion is to deport all illegal migrants should be sent back. If Mamta Banerjee has a problem let her take care of these illegal immigrants at her own expense. They should camp outside her and her families residence.

maomao likes this.
  6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Sorry, my mistake. MP has been rehabilitating Bengali Hindus since 1972.

maomao likes this.
  7. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Dandakarnnya in MP is where a huge no. of refugees from erst-while East Pakistan ended up during 1970's and received relatively better treatment than the whole lot who took refuge in WB, particularly in North Bengal. Some were forcibly sent to Andaman by the Cen. Go. with support from communist govt. of WB of that period. Still now there's a huge no. of refugees who have not been able to turn around their lives due to complete rejection of the WB govt. whoever has come to power till date.

8. jackprince

May you face once in your life what the Hindus in BD face day in day out. I am sure you would not be on such high horse after that.

You may look up the word 'persecution' in dictionary and also look up recent news from BD. Ignorance is bliss for the likes of you.

parijataka likes this.
  9. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Very good step forward.

Would have been better if Bengalis and Pakistanis Hindus are granted asylum in India and rehabilitated in border areas such Arunachal Pradesh, Bangladesh and Kashmir.

With one shot we would have undone most of India's insurgency & border troubles :)

parijataka and jackprince like this.
  10. SLASH

Why don't you do something about it at a personal level. Adopt a refugee family at your own cost. Why should I be footing the bill for their rehabilitation? A very small percentage of the minority population is persecuted, most use the term 'persecuted' to easily get refugee status here. If persecution is the reason for them to cross over than why are there so many muslim bangladeshis here as well? A very small proportion of the total illegal immigrants will be hindu. Are we going to do 'drop the pants' test to determine who is hindu and who is muslim?

11. jackprince

Well, I may be able to give you a more fitting reply if I have known about you more. Though I think you most probably are a pampered chap no-gooder going by your callous remarks. It is for the guys like you that India has been looted for over thousands of years. A cowardly self-serving selfish sponge. What your money? It is nation's money, and a nation's govt. that betrayed its own people about 70 years back when they divided the nation destroying millions of lives as if it was the bastards' ancestral property.

At least, Modi knows what is right and what is wrong as he and Shivraj Chauhan is proving. India is the last bastion for Hindus to be Hindus, there are many more people than likes of you who would welcome their oppressed brothers in the last safe place in the earth for a Hindu.

And, yes, my family has done quite a bit for the refugees from BD, having suffered themselves, and when the time comes I would definitely like to help out.

12. SLASH

There is no need to be personal about this matter. Simplest thing for you to do is give some money out of your own pocket. Why don't you do that son? You can keep your assumptions about me with your self. You can call my remark "callous" but replied talking about how we have been ruled by invaders for 1000's of years? We have been ruled by invaders because of people like you, who are soft. Any idiot with a sissy sad story can make you cry. If I am paying my taxes and it is used to fund welfare schemes its ok, but why the hell should I foot the bill for people who are not even Indians. Your confusion of being an Indian first or Hindu first is causing the problem. Please sort it out first and than reply to me.

And btw, the most persecuted community in the world is Rohingya Muslims.
    [​IMG]

These 'peaceful' protesters where fighting for a cause similar to yours at Azad maidan in Mumbai. Maybe next time it will be you in the picture fighting for Bangladeshi Hindus.

They were given a choice not once but twice to come to India, but they did not. God forbid if the 'true secular' like Mamta Banerjee come to power at centre and starts giving refugee status to all from across the border.

13. SLASH

As if we do not have enough people to populate these areas ourselves. Lets rehabilitate Kashmiri Pandits first back to Kashmir.

14. Bangalorean

@SLASH, you seem to be confused about where you stand. Your opposition to rehabilitation of Hindus doesn't go along with your mocking Jihadi Didi Mamata Bonerjee.

India is the place for oppressed Dharmic faiths. Whether Hindus, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains or Parsees. India is where they can take refuge. Period.

India is NOT however, the place for "oppressed Muslims". Bangladesh and Pakistan were created precisely for that purpose - as a "secure homeland for Muslims of Indian subcontinent".

Let us call a spade a spade. Its ok if Hindus and other Dharmics take refuge and settle down in India. It is NOT ok for Muslims to take refuge here. That's how things are, and ought to be.

However, I agree with you that identification will be an issue. "Pants down test" is obviously not practical. I don't have a solution as of now, but we need to think of something by which we can differentiate.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  15. SLASH

I am against any type of illegal immigration. We already have many problem of our own to deal with. I do not think we are capable of supporting any more people. In Maharashtra, people are already against of migration from UP and Bihar, how can they accept migrants from Bangladesh. How will they be rehabilitated? In Mumbai, more than 50% of the people live in slums, in this case who should be given housing first? The immigrants or the locals?

We need to look at things more practically. We do not have enough to support our own, let alone to support millions of more immigrants.

Rohingya muslims are one of the most persecuted community in the world. By your logic, should we also except them? That is what the scum at azaad maiden were asking for.

Not to mention the security risk that these illegal immigrants bring to our country. Where are they from, who are they, what are their intention?

Atleast first we need to gather some data about the number of illegal bangladeshi in India, how many of them are hindus, how many of these hindus are actually persecuted? We are shooting blind with caring about the consequences. I can understand the emotional quotient of many of the members, but we need to put the nation before our emotions.

If people of UP and Bihar are given a tough time by political parties like MNS and SS, what are they going to do with migrants from Bangladesh?

16. Bangalorean

If you made this statement, you obviously didn't read my post. Re-read my post.

17. jackprince

Actually I am rather generalising your type.

Giving a few coins have never solved anyone's problem. But the you might not have the capacity to comprehend it. How old are you Gandpa? No wonder you are closet Neheru-lover.

Sorry, if I don't oblige you. I kinda have had enough of people like you who have been gradually eroding the strength of this nation and who would by their own inaction, cowardice and selfishness bring down the ten thousand old civilisation.

If India was really ruled over for over 1000 years by invaders that situation would have been different. 'Ruling' has a part that is responsibility for the subjects minimum welfare and development of overall nation. None happened, and so I used the word 'loot'. May be you need a highfocal lense to read these days, grandpa?

Nope, for people like you as history is witness. When Sindh fell, no other Hindu or rather Indian ruler stepped in to help Sindh and gave the foothold to invaders. Then came Prithviraj Chauhan, then came Rana Pratap and many more - history of India is full of self-serving people who let down their own kind for petty differences and always forgot to look for the bigger picture.

Is that so. may be I feel for people when I know what they actually are going through. I don't feel bad, as my religion itself, in which I was brought up, to feel for people who are abused and raise voice (in a democracy) when they are trod upon. To help people in distress is what my social responsibility which was also ingrained in my religion.

Why the hell should you object if I am ready with my tax to foot the bill for helping the Hindus worldwide? I would rather the money used for rehabilitating them, than some half-assed half-planned welfare scheme which is a way for helping people to not work like MGNERGA and dilute the work-strength of the nation. And how much India are those guys whose picture you have posted below????? Don't they receive the same dole that your welfare scheme from your tax and also my tax is ru

Child, the problem is I am both an Indian and a Hindu first and foremost. The Hindu religion, as you call it, is nothing but the way of life and belief of the people from Bharat. There is no scripture for Hindus, unlike others. There is only some concept of dharma and deities, and mostly a kinship of lifestyles that mark one as hindu.

So? Have you lost your mind, or the point of argument? Have you even read the part of argument made that India being the ONLY place for Hindus we should welcome them? I didn't know that India is also ONLY place for muslims. I may be wrong, but did I miss some current events where whole of muslim worlds have been annihilated???
    And calling an Idiot and Idiot is wrong? How?

Well, thanx to your kind of people and jholachaps and other seculars, the day may actually come when hindus have to fight for their own rights on the soil of India, forget the refugees.

Why was that choice given? Why was there a partition even? Why those people should have left everything behind? Why millions had to start from scratch only in the parts of Bengal and Punjab, two places which bled most for the freedom of our nation?

Also, they did not come that was their choice, or rather their ancestors' choice. So, because the ancestors' had made a grievous mistake, the new generation would do the same - that's your argument?

And, thus proven an idiot.

And

18. SLASH

@jackprince

You really are a confused man. I would rather worry about my own country men, than for those who's ancestors made a conscience choice of staying back in their respective shit holes.

For someone living a state which hardly sees any kind of illegal immigrants it is easy for you to say that you are willing to foot the bill for rehabilitation. Where will you rehabilitate them? These guys have already taken care of their accommodation by taking over our pavements and open plots in our cities. They are security risk to the country. Who are they? Where are they from? These chaps are used by the underworld for contract killing, because the police will have a difficult time tracing them.

These same cities have INDIANS living in slums as well. Who should be accommodated first? The INDIANS or these illiegal bangladeshis? Their numbers will be in millions. Can we today support millions of new citizens? Can we provide them with food, shelter and most importantly employment?

In our country, our very own citizen do not have basic facilities and you want these guys to be given the first preference? What will happen when the like of Mamta or Mullayam come to power at the centre? Mamta has already called ALL (hindu and muslims) these illegal immigrants as legal. If refugee status is given to hindus today, there is a risk of these 'secular' parties to give the same rights to bangladeshi muslims as well.

Its simple logic. We first need to develop ourselves and provide basic amenities to our citizens first and than worry about all these other issues. The sons of the soil should be the first to get these amenities. What BJP is trying to do is counter the vote bank of illegal muslim bangladeshi with hindu bangladeshi. Its just plain politics. Its easy to be a keyboard warrior but you need to think of the practicality of the decisions of the government.

Assimilation with the local population is going to be the biggest issue. How are you going to solve it? Muslim who crossed over to Pakistan during partition still having a tuff time in Punjabi dominated country. They still live like second class citizen in the country even after 65 years. Migrants from one state to another still face problem within our country. How do you think these illegal immigrants are going to be treated?

19. jackprince

By reading your post, I have understood one thing that you yourself are confused about the people you have been arguing against rehabilitation. I would again like to ask you to learn a bit of fundamental differences between BD Hindu immigrants/refugees and BD Muslim illegals.

hmmm... may be you have forgotten that in 1947 the map of India wasn't same as the current one. So, the Muslims living not in border areas hardly faced any hostility. Even in Bengal the political class protected them, what didn't happen in East and West Pakistans. So, Muslims hardly had to struggle to make any decision to stay back. Where they faced the hostility like Punjab and Hariyana, they west in to Pakistan en masse.

First, if GoI is footing the bill for rehabilitation, everyone in the country is footing the bill, as every work whether to pay for traitors in J&K or rampaging mob in Mumbai, every time single bit of subsidy received by them is shared by every single citizen of the country. Only, when the state foots the bill, the larger share falls on to the state people.

2nd, who said I am from a state which hardly sees immigration?

Don't bother yourselves with their accommodation. Govt. seriously have some better heads to chalk that out. Actually they can and should be able to find homes on their own, only once they are legitimised in the country. They are hard, very hard working fellows.

And, being born and brought up in this country doen't make anybody security risk? I would again like to point out the picture you youself posted in a few post back of the India-loving fellows having happy dance in Mumbai.

Now, if you did not know this, why have you been arguing with me?!!!!!!!

Ooops, and police have been catching every single guy from Bihar or Rajasthan to these days from contract killing, is that so?

Can we not? Are you sure about it? Then how the hell they have already been living in the same places?

Nope, they should be given equal preference. Opportunity to start a new life in a safe environment. They are my brothers - fellow hindus whom we have been failing to this day since 1940s.

you must have a good weed supplier.

First, you might consider to learn something about definition of 'Refugee'. But, here i would concede that given the no. seculars in our political stucture, it is not totally unlikely.

I disagree, as I want those persecuted hindus to be among the citizens and they be considered the sons of soils as their being hindus mean the only soil they could be truly themselves is India.

Good for them. Why have you been silent when the Congoons have been giving away voter cards to illegal muslim b'deshis?

And, you need to get out of the prism of selfishness and moral cowardice to see the bigger picture, where failure to protect our brethren would weaken us morally to coming inevitable fight for survival every Hindu have to find not so far in future.

Don't worry for their sake as you have amply proven that you don't give sh*t for their well-being. They would assimilate anyway, may be not in a few years or in a single generation, but gradually, as Indians as a rule are simply not as rabid brainless chauvinist with piss for brain like Pakistanis. How else do you think, all over the India you can find Bengalis have been living and prospering?

Anyway, I understand that you have no understanding of the situation, any how. So don't bother replying to me.

I bet you would jump to go to US or UK if the opportunity rises. won't you?