Madhu Kishwar's article on Modi in Outlookindia

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Iamanidiot, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

A very good article superb article.Now the question why did the crap of print media outlook publish this on Modi?What are the winds of Change going on?

@lurker Baba @KS @Singh @sob @Mad Indian @Yusuf

The Kettle Hits Back | Madhu Purnima Kishwar

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    uvbar, parijataka, Tolaha and 14 others like this.
  3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

re: Madhu Kishars article on Modi in Outlookindia

Well for starters, the religious leader making check dams is Syedna Mohammed Burhanudddin the religious and spiritual leader of the Dawoodi Bohras.

The Gujarat development story is true. It has to 've replicated at the national level and no one better to do this but the man himself.

Neil, Tolaha, Virendra and 3 others like this.
  4. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Re: Madhu Kishars article on Modi in Outlookindia

Consecutive victory of Modi slapped back the exaggeration congress-I and its media mouth pieces did against him.

I have/will always believed during riots he could have done more but knowing the Institute of Indian police I wouldn't complaint more on it.

devgupt, parijataka and Mad Indian like this.
  5. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

I had mentioned this in the Guj elections thread itself - that there was a slight but perciptible change in the way Arnab and Rajdeep had conducted themselves when the results were coming out..especially if anyone remembers how Rajdeep was literally on the point of crying during 2007 election analysis. Rats jumping off a sinking ship ? :hmm:

6. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

A week after 207 election Karan Thapar wished for assassination of Modi. His sudden removal or something.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Indeed, as I was reading through, I was wondering why she has had this change of heart when she has always been a critic of the BJP and was more pro UPA.

I am more surprised that it has been printed in the Outlook since Mehta, though he appears to be neutral during the debate, adopts a sleight of hand to boost the UPA in a very mastered and matured Machiavellian style.

One should not grudge the NGOs being agenda driven.

They have to survive and for that they have to invent and reinvent their agenda and they also require funds since they have to, one, ensure that they have a comfortable lifestyle, two, remain high profile so that they appear to be sincere, energetic and worthy of their cause, three, any port they will seek in stormy weather.

Of this there is no doubt.

Modi’s victory has snuffed out the confident rhetoric of the Congress leading lights of Gujarat and it has also set the cat amongst the pigeon, so to say, amongst the tall leaders of the Congress at the Centre who, in total panic seemed to have lost their sense of logic, by claiming that the Congress has been victorious. In actuality, it is one more drubbing and one more nail in the coffin!

This is an honest appraisal.

Notwithstanding the stalwarts of the Congress who have been on and oft claiming the Modi is the sole monster, in actuality, it is the Congress that set the agenda agenda to include communalising and compartmentalising India and Indian politics with the vote bank concept. It was honed into a fine art by VP Singh and a masterpiece in divisive politics by the caste minded Mulayam, Laloo and Mayawati.

I would disagree on Kashmir and ‘disappearing’ of people. It cannot be laid at the Army’s doorstep. Whatever happens in Kashmir is the ‘game’ of the politicians, local and Central, with their various handmaidens, be they politicians or organisations and they are given a fillip by the ‘cooperation’ of Pakistan and the Hurriyat.

Likewise, the issue of SL. It was a strategic decision so that the eelam does not spill over into South India and another terrorist front be opened. The Union, if it will be recalled, had already seen the scare when the Language issue erupted in the South! Further, the US (which was not a friend then) were on the way to establishing a base in Trincomalee!

To Gujarat’s credit, those who were involved in the 2002 riots have been jailed, to include a Minister and that too a woman, and cases are still on, while the Congress mayhem against the Sikh is yet to have anyone held accountable, except HKL Bhagat, who is conveniently dead.

This is pertinent.

No riot can be condoned by any sane person, but then the Congress has done a good psyops campaign wherein they have been able to inject in the minds of the Nation and the world that the 2002 riots was the ‘Mother of riots’, when it actuality, riots under the Congress regimes have been more horrendous and each capable of being declared by the Guinness book as the ‘Mother of all Riots’.

I wonder what Manish Tiwari, Renuka Chaudry or even the smart Chidabaram has to say on this.

Facts should speak for themselves.

On roads, this much I will say, having been to Gujarat, it is a pleasure to be driving on them after the horrid roads that one has experienced all around India. Further, the roads are lined with aesthetically designed road dividers and tree on the sides. Gujarat looks as neat and pretty as cantonments appear in other parts of India.

On the issue of Muslims of Gujarat, I would not be able to comment. However, as an observer, what I felt was good as an Indian is that Modi has not played any OBC whine (when he is an OBC) or a communal card. If he has addressed farmers, prima facie, it includes farmers and not based on any religion, likewise with industry and development. I am open to be corrected on this.

However, it would be naïve to believe that the Muslim will forget the trauma of the riots as would the families of the kar sevaks burnt at Godhra not forget the same.

Whatever be the case, Modi is far better than those who play the communal and caste card as if that is the be all and end all of progress in India.

The manner in which Modi has weathered the unending media and the so called NGO onslaught without his going ballistic does speak of the man’s silent resolve to rise above all the clamour.

One feels sorry for him as one felt for Shylock.

And to quote Verity – he is more sinned against, than sinning!

Lastly, one must understand that this is India. Politics and politicians are uber alles . Truth is hidden within its folds and cannot be seen or surface.

hit&run, Raj30 and iNDiAN.96 like this.
  8. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I await the comments of Teesta Stelalvad or whatever her name is!

And Harsh Mander, who has changed tack and has gone onto newer pastures having wormed into Sonia Gandhi's heart!

9. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

The Kettle Hits Back

(duplicate)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  10. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

I think Teesta Setalwad is being nonviolently replaced by Shabnam Hashmi :cowboy: New human Rights Activist on Block. Well People r tired of Dear BEGUM Teesta marauding Hindu Banya Modi.

Her LinkedIn Link:-
    Shabnam Hashmi - India | LinkedIn

parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  11. Joji

Joji Regular Member

Very good article. All positive or good work done by Gujarat govt. under Mr. Narendra Modi deserves no respect in our MSM. Why people say 1984 riots. In my view it was systematic ethnic cleansing. In riots, all groups suffer. In ethnic cleansing only one that was the case in 1984 (please correct me if wrong). One thing Mr. Modi showed that pleading to MSM is not required for campaigning or we can say that unintentionally MSM highlighted Mr. Modi too much without asking him.

parijataka and Raj30 like this.
  12. JBH22

Do I sense double standard over the causes of the riots in Gujarat. Anyway the riots are always termed as Hindus killing innocent Muslims which obviously not the fact a root analysis gives another picture, I guess those who set the wagons on fire did not expect that reaction albeit innocent paid with their lives.

Muslims are either foolish or don't want to see the truth.
    They are still regarded as a vote bank traded as cattle like the rest of Indians for vested interest sometimes by Mullahs or "secular" leaders. The journalist Shahid Siddiqui tried to open their eyes but too bad he couldn't succeed.

parijataka likes this.
  13. Raj30

Raj30 Senior Member Senior Member

is she right wing :hmm:
    https://twitter.com/madhukishwar

North Indian friends I'm staying with in Ahmedabad took me for midnight drive to see how safe is gujarat for women- even on highway. 1\2
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

12h Madhu Kishwar [email protected]
    3\3 Got most interesting insights from govt people into how bureaucracy made to deliver in gujarat. More tomorrow..
    Expand
    2\3 I was advisory board member of Arjun Sengupta commission. Found its work and final report farcical. Glad it is gathering dust.

Expand
    2\3 Seeing enthusiasm of small entrepreneurs in Gujrat reminded of A Sengupta headed Commission of Small Micro Enterprises created by PM
    Expand

13h Madhu Kishwar [email protected]
    Gujarat among very few states with proactive policy of Small medium Enterprises. This sector appears flourishing unlike in rest of India 1\2

Expand
    I will have to spend lo more time in gujarat to get first hand assessment. Didn't know 72% of new jobs in India created in Vibrant Gujarat.

Expand
    9\9 Gujrat working on amazing improvements in water policy. It was water scarce state, today it is water surplus with water table rising

Expand
    8\9 Modi doesn't rest. Already every rural urban household has 24x7 power, most hv high quality piped water. But guj govt working on further

Expand
    7\9 Gujarat outperformed China in growth rate within democratic framework. Most impressive were sessions on water policy, alternative energy

Expand
    6\9 Huge foreign delegations at summit. Each one awe inspired with gujarat model. British MP said indian journalists don't want to believe .

Expand
    5\6 Normally western power leaders are so patronising are so patronising towards India. Felt good to see equation totally reversed with Modi

Expand
    4\6 Had very useful conversations with small entrepreneurs, bureaucrats, citizens to understand how he made system work well to a purpose..

Expand
    3\6 Govt events rarely purposeful. This gave glimpse of what makes Modi stand out. His speech at summit one of best on inclusive development

Expand
    2/6 Had heard only negative things abt so I decided to start my independent assessment of modi's gujarat by first attending summit. Rarely.

Expand
    1\6 Even at risk of being damned for life by my secularist leftist friends, can't help but say Gujarat Summit very impressive. Had heard...

[​IMG]

9h Madhu Kishwar [email protected]
    Met Gujarati young men who pleaded I communicate their anguish at national media & "intellectuals" baselessly defaming, vilifying Gujaratis

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
    Friends say auto rickshaws never refuse passengers, never over charge in Ahmadabad or elsewhere in Gujarat. Why are Delhi autos lawless?

Expand
    Photographs of young men and women past mid night having soda in Ahmedabad. Young men don't have menacing presence pic.twitter.com/QemCXb8s
    View photo
    [​IMG]

Madhu Kishwar [email protected]
    @mlr05 I am not saying Modi is Perfect, spotless. I'm simply pointing out how misleading is the anti Modi propaganda.
    View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite
    8h Madhu Kishwar [email protected] @vijaygkg Please tell me if I'm factually wrong. I can never support anyone who is pro kashmir's secession
    View conversation

8h Madhu Kishwar [email protected]
    @rashtravaadi Kind who'll abuse me in past called Mahatma Gandhi lackey\ running dog of imperialism, hindu obscurantist! I'm in good company
    View conversation

@Voter77 I simply quoted what I was told. Those living here would know better. But are Ahmedabad auto drivers as rowdy as Delhi's?
    View conversation

@s_navroop I am taking extensive notes of my visit. Will be coming again and again to get better idea. Will certainly write.
    View conversation
    Modi brought down corruption, celebrated for inclusive development, good governance law & order improvement, high growth. But hated by Delhi

Expand
    Omar's NC has history of tilt towards Pak,opting secession, mass repression, killings, allegns of corruption,sex scams. But loved by Delhi

Expand
    4\4 Modi: From working class family, Gujarati hindi medium education, far away from cocktail circuits, serve gujju thali even to ambassadors

Expand
    3\4 Difference between 2 CMs: Omar is integral part of South Delhi cocktail circuits, speaks elite English, knows how to seduce Delhi media

Expand
    2\4 Case of 2 CMs: Narendra Modi: highly popular, respected, trusted by most of his own people. Hated by media, esp TV, Delhi intellectuals

Expand
    1\4 Tale of two CMs: Omar Abdullah distrusted by & highly unpopular with his own people but darling of national media, Delhi intellectuals

Expand
    Met South & North Indian govt officers-both said Gujaratis welcoming of outsiders. "Son of soil" hostility totally missing. Accept u warmly

Expand
    8h Madhu Kishwar [email protected] @anilbhattarai Media reports unreliable. See Gujrat govt website, reports of planning commission, then visit to check for yourself.
    View conversation

14. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

Syedna started it, Modi took it forward, involving whole spectrum of society. Check dams for ALL, not for majority, minority, SC/ST etc specifically.

15. Yusuf

Did I say it was for any community? I was proving the point that not all Muslims are anti Modi and proving that a path breaking project was initiated by Muslims in a much vilified state.

16. JBH22

Strong words that you are using.

17. Yusuf

Off course. Everyone seems to think it's fashionable to go after Gujarat.

18. JBH22

Not everyone only congress and pseudo intellectuals,seculars :p

19. GPM

GPM Tihar Jail Banned

No you did not. Sydena was path breaking, but Modi put stateefforts into it. Sure other states must have been emulating it.