Made & Designed In India War Machines

happy

The MPV offers armored protection to its crew and passengers against ballistic and land mine threats. It uses a V-shaped hull of steel and monocoque construction to direct the force of the blast away from the occupants. It has been tested to protect against 7.62x51mm NATO, 7.62x39mm Soviet and 5.56x45mm NATO rounds from a 10m distance. It can withstand 21 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under any wheel, and 14 kg of TNT equivalent explosions directly under the crew compartment.

It can carry up to 18 security and paramilitary personnel with full equipment including the crew.
OT: By giving the exact specs won't it facilitate extremists or terrorists to pack more punch in their IEDs ? For example there are numerous reports that naxals are making powerful bombs by knowing the exact specs of mine proof vehicles that CRPF and Greyhounds are using there by they were able to kill in the past. The problem became so severe that forces were explicitly prohibited from using any kind of vehicles after certain point, irrespective of the terrain, while going for coombing operations

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The Specs are important to release as Civilian population to know as Its Civillain Soldiers who are traveling in these vehicle, Otherwise we will have another huge cry as Indian made are crap and should by foreign vehicle ..

There are some +250 MPV are operating by CRPF and all are Indian, While same buying foreign MPV could not reach even 50, And able to operate on half of that as because of spare issues ..

More MPVs are actually helping soldiers everyday, Releasing specs gives confidence to the boots on ground and discourage the enemy, Getting 50kgs of TNT everyday is not economical for tangos ..

OT: By giving the exact specs won't it facilitate extremists or terrorists to pack more punch in their IEDs ? For example there are numerous reports that naxals are making powerful bombs { That is a utter wrong statement, Naxal were using 10kgs of TNT IED against personal and soft skin vehicle, When the arrival of Armoud vehicle they simply put more than twice the amount of explosive that is 50kg, These are strong enough to kill a tank such as T-72, Further to avoid Mine detector they are putting them into 10ms under ground .. } by knowing the exact specs of mine proof vehicles that CRPF and Greyhounds are using there by they were able to kill in the past. The problem became so severe that forces were explicitly prohibited from using any kind of vehicles after certain point, irrespective of the terrain, while going for coombing operations

happy

The Specs are important to release as Civilian population to know as Its Civillain Soldiers who are traveling in these vehicle, Otherwise we will have another huge cry as Indian made are crap and should by foreign vehicle ..

There are some +250 MPV are operating by CRPF and all are Indian, While same buying foreign MPV could not reach even 50, And able to operate on half of that as because of spare issues ..

More MPVs are actually helping soldiers everyday, Releasing specs gives confidence to the boots on ground and discourage the enemy, Getting 50kgs of TNT everyday is not economical for tangos ..

OT: By giving the exact specs won't it facilitate extremists or terrorists to pack more punch in their IEDs ? For example there are numerous reports that naxals are making powerful bombs { That is a utter wrong statement, Naxal were using 10kgs of TNT IED against personal and soft skin vehicle, When the arrival of Armoud vehicle they simply put more than twice the amount of explosive that is 50kg, These are strong enough to kill a tank such as T-72, Further to avoid Mine detector they are putting them into 10ms under ground .. } by knowing the exact specs of mine proof vehicles that CRPF and Greyhounds are using there by they were able to kill in the past. The problem became so severe that forces were explicitly prohibited from using any kind of vehicles after certain point, irrespective of the terrain, while going for coombing operations
Sir, with all due respect, pls examine the following links, some of which have contributed to my opinion.

Maoists understand the limitations of Mine Proof Vehicles | Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses

Maoists know how to blow up the MPVs : North, News - India Today

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Knee jerking, Amateur commentary and things they dont understand have written in those articles by some half educated Journalist, You have one people in you society who are screaming that these information are opsec and there is another group shouting that Indian made system are crap and making there own assumptions, There are full of these in DFI itself, Its easy to assume sitting in your AC office how things could have done, Its another reality that People who are involve in such operations to say about ..

But they did tell what i told in my earlier post, Bold gray in your quote, You should have read that..

happy

Knee jerking, Amateur commentary and things they dont understand have written in those articles by some half educated Journalist, You have one people in you society who are screaming that these information are opsec and there is another group shouting that Indian made system are crap and making there own assumptions, There are full of these in DFI itself, Its easy to assume sitting in your AC office how things could have done, Its another reality that People who are involve in such operations to say about ..

But they did tell what i told in my earlier post, Bold gray in your quote, You should have read that..
I have read it. And thanx, I take your word. It is nice to hear some facts now and then from people such as yourself.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles