M4 Rifles for Army SF Units

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
[video=youtube;VOxkIlo2ZkA]
The problem with the AK-47 is its almost impossible to add NVD's,Holographic sights,PEQ's and UBGL's, luckily this can be done with the AK-103 which the MARCOS use a lot. I think a saw an Izmash commercial which displayed Spetsnaz Alfa group members(masked) firing these weapons with M4 like buttstock,EOTech sights and they had a hell lot of US equipment on them for a Russian SF , word is they have adopted glocks as sidearms.
[/video]
[video=youtube;VOxkIlo2ZkA]

Chines AK

with Quad rail you can put anything you want on AK
[/video]

Immanuel

Country flag
Any news of the new batch of M-4s being used by SF units?

Saumyasupraik

Country flag
The M4s in Indian Army SF service seem to be the A1 variant with safe-semi-auto selector group instead of the safe-semi-burst group of the M4 and with KAC RAS rail. It's possibly the R0977 variant going by the M4A1 variant sold by Colt to international customers. Although I agree the HK416 is a better weapon the colt is much cheaper at around 900 USD per rifle. Also various M4 variants are still being used by leading SF units although the best ones seem to have switched over to the HK416 like the GROM, ST6 and ACE. Another reason for buying the M4 is because of the extensive aftermarket parts available to upgrade and also because the M4 is more stable, has much more uniform weight distribution than the TAR-21/X-95 where due to bullpup design the weight is at rear of the weapon. Last I saw the M4 in SF service with the Mepro MOR sights which have integrated visible and infrared lasers, same with their Micro-UZI.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles