Lucknow vs Patna

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by chase, Dec 21, 2013.

1. chase

chase Tihar Jail Banned

hey guys i made this thread just to get some real assessment and not real battle, all i want to know from DFI'ans who have experience of both this place that which one fares better in development and infrastructure?

3. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

That's like comparing Norway with Nigeria.
    Patna= Nigeria,
    Lucknow= Norway

Spindrift likes this.
  4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I can wager you have been to neither city.

I have lived in Patna, albeit long time back, and been to Lucknow. Lucknow has some historical monuments. When it comes to cleanliness, as I saw at largely different points in time, Patna seems ahead. I do not know what the current situation is, but your comment is hyperbolic at best.

5. Being a Lucknowite i would naturally be inclined to call in favour of Lucknow,
    but then, i have never been to Patna.

i do have some relatives staying in Patna, who complain a lot for the lack of any organised events, social or cultural.
    Lucknow offers a host of such activities, if that is any measure for the comparison

As for tidiness, Lucknow is quite clean for most parts, definitely a lot cleaner then Delhi.

6. PredictablyMalicious

PredictablyMalicious Punjabi Senior Member

You're rght. I haven't been to either city but based on the pictures I've seen, Lucknow seems much more developed.

7. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Maybe today, as I already conceded, I have been to both places (actually lived in Patna), but at vastly different points in time. From the images (as seen by my eyes) I have of the two cities, Patna is cleaner and tidier. Now, if one talks about infrastructure, I doubt there is a world of difference.

8. badra100

badra100 Regular Member

Lucknow has always been a multicultural city. Courtly manners, beautiful gardens, poetry, music, and fine cuisine patronized by the Persian-loving Shia Nawabs of the city are well known amongst Indians and students of South Asian culture and history. Lucknow is popularly known as the The City of Nawabs

9. ansh2361

ansh2361 New Member

I found this forum randomly yesterday (though i dont remember what). Read the whole thing and registered just to correct the misconception going on with you. Yes, i'm a year late, but still felt that i should tell the truth.
    I am a Lucknowite but my 2 cousin brothers live in patna. I went there for vacation and spent a month there and trust me i've been to every place worth seeing in patna. There are some factors i'll describe.
    Tidiness and overall skyline: first of all, patna is in bihar. That speaks a lot about itself. While Uttar Pradesh is no new york but its not bihar either.Yes its also a capital city but that does not change the behavior of the citizens. Maybe you have seen patna at its prime but trust me, Lucknow is far more tidier throughout the whole year that patna at its prime. And i am not even including the New Lucknow area !!

Infrastructure- All patna has is biscomaun tower to say about infrastructure. Other than that, its a mess. Lucknow does not have a building like that, i'll give you that, but you can find buildings, grand parks and other spots, that also includes Hazratganj, Taj hotel and numerous other examples. Not to mention upcoming metro. If you see it, you will find a world of difference.
    Overall, i wont say patna is leagues behind Lucknow, but the competition is not close and i say that with much confidence.

P.S. I wont answer or post anything again as i've said what i wanted to say. What can be noted is there was no exaggeration involved.

10. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

Patna is much cleaner and and almost crime free, one can roam around during midnight without fear in most parts of the city. Being a small city it is better managed compared to several larger cities, Patna has got better infrastructure (transportation, electricity, sewerage and water) than several parts of Delhi. As far as ancient monuments are concerned, let us not forget that Patna (Patliputra) was the power centre during India's golden period, and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. One can find several interesting places to visit in and around Patna.

11. Sambha ka Boss

Sambha ka Boss Regular Member

Development means Lucknow has more of Ambedkar parks. ;)