LTTE tries to spoil the Sri Lankan image!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Calling for safety
Sri Lanka News | Ministry of Defence - Sri Lanka

LTTE rump groups in their clandestine attempts in Sri Lanka and more openly in western countries have recently fuelled up their campaigns against Sri Lanka, levelling many allegations with a clear intention of discrediting and spoiling the good image of the country.

One such attempt is to convince the world that Sri Lanka yet not safe for Tamils and the government and its security forces keep on harassing the Tamil community living here.
Safety of its own citizen, of course, is a paramount responsibility of the ruling government. No government can ignore the very responsibility that lies on it. In 2006 Sri Lankan government launched humanitarian operation to assure the safety of its citizen from widely spread terrorism in the country and to rescue Tamils from the Tamil Tigers aka LTTE, who kept these innocent Tamil civilians as human shield. In May 2009, almost after Three years the government security forces succeeded in rescuing over 300,000 hostages, and it was recorded as the biggest humanitarian mission ever carried out in the world's history.
Moreover, 11,700 members of Tamil Tigers who had surrendered at the end of the humanitarian operation are being rehabilitated and over 10,000 out of 11,700 have successfully reintegrated into the society after completion of their rehabilitation programme. The government have spent over Rs.2.5 billion for the rehabilitation and retraining of ex-combatants and was highly acclaimed world across.
Obviously, their safety now has been well assured. Anyone who knows the ground realities of Sri Lanka's war; finds clearly that the Tamils in North and East of Sri Lanka had been lived under tremendous pressure and were unsafe when in the hands of Tamil Tigers. Freedom to talk, freedom to move, freedom to do a job as they wish were not seen, but killings, abductions, genocides, tortures, massacres etc. had only seen in their confined world.
Another precise, yet mostly unknown fact is that the vast Tamil population living in Western Province, Central Province and other parts of the country. Colombo the most populous city in Sri Lanka, with 642,163 people living within the city limits according to the census of 2001; indicates that 185,632 out of 642,163 are Sri Lankan
Tamils.

One may ask if the country is unsafe for Tamils, how would over 200,000 Tamils in Colombo, the commercial capital of Sri Lanka, live with no troubles at all? The LTTE rump groups in western countries that propagate these barefaced lies have never been stepped on to this soil and have never seen how the Tamils in Sri Lanka live in harmony with other ethnicities across the country.

Sri Lanka can speak out aloud that of its triumph over terrorism and the long lasting peace which assured the safety of its own citizen. While the government is busy making develop war-torn north and east, provided with necessary infrastructure and other facilities equally as in the south, some separatist elements are attempting to disturb the process and put the country back in war. However, what they should have realized is the international recognition that Sri Lanka has gained so far, just after two years from the defeat of terrorism for assuring the safety of its own citizens. Therefore, the question remains unanswered unless one may witness the truth in his or her own eyes.

Last edited:

HeinzGud

Country flag
:pop:​

Anyways this is the bitter truth in the end!!! There's no Tamil discrimination only economical separation!

Tamil business in Sri Lanka who lives in Colombo

• Ken Balendra - Sri Lankan corporate leader and executive, who holds and has held many corporate positions in Sri Lanka and the region.
  • Subramaniam Mahadevan - One of the two founders of Sri Lankan conglomerate Capital Maharaja.
  • Sangarasivam Ponnudurai - A business magnet from Kokuvil in the 70s and 80s who was stabbed to death and burnt in his own car in Colombo during the 1983 riots.
  • Sinnathamby Rajandram - One of the two founders of Sri Lankan conglomerate Capital Maharaja.
  • Chandran Rutnam - Film maker and owner of Lionair.
  • Ratna Sivaratnam - Retired Chairman/CEO/Managing Director of Aitken Spence - a leading blue chip conglomerate in Sri Lanka.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sri_Lanka_Tamils#Business_people

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No tamil discrimination you say ? :rofl:

What about those tamil civilians that were raped and murdered in cold blood by your soldiers and mobs ?

HeinzGud

Country flag
No tamil discrimination you say ? :rofl:

What about those tamil civilians that were raped and murdered in cold blood by your soldiers and mobs ?
Actually only mobs killed civilians... Maybe some army people but thats history and we don't kill Tamil people now! thats the difference! U think the listed tamil business people will get any chance of keep their businesses up if Sinhalese rob them???

Param

Can someone please merge this thread with the existing LTTE thread?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Actually only mobs killed civilians... Maybe some army people but thats history and we don't kill Tamil people now! thats the difference! U think the listed tamil business people will get any chance of keep their businesses up if Sinhalese rob them???
Sorry, But it showed clearly on channel 4 abt your tactic to deal with Ci villain population, LTTE was no better their too, But how can Srilankan soldiers did this, Its the bitter truth..

Full vid here:
Killing fields of srilanka - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
But you did before. You expect tamils to forget and forgive ?

SHASH2K2

I was a rapist but I dont rape anymore and I deserve to lead a normal life without getting punishments for my crimes. what an hypocrite .

HeinzGud

Country flag
Sorry, But it showed clearly on channel 4 abt your tactic to deal with Ci villain population, LTTE was no better their too, But how can Srilankan soldiers did this, Its the bitter truth..

Killing fields of srilanka - YouTube
Channel 4 video is hoaxed! U think our soldiers will shoot video like that even if they did such a thing?? Even no one can prove its authenticity!

But you did before. You expect tamils to forget and forgive ?
Yes we do! Because Sinhalese forgave the Tamils! :namaste:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
This thread got derailed with post #1.

HeinzGud

Country flag
I was a rapist but I dont rape anymore and I deserve to lead a normal life without getting punishments for my crimes. what an hypocrite .
Rapist is a person that need to be punished! But we are talking about a entire nation and a country! You cannot equal a country to a person! Even if Sri Lankan army did wrong things they have to be proven first to give a punishment!

HeinzGud

Country flag
And thats why u have a religion isn't it???

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Rapist is a person that need to be punished! But we are talking about a entire nation and a country! You cannot equal a country to a person! Even if Sri Lankan army did wrong things they have to be proven first to give a punishment!
Going by your comments it doesn't seem like the "entire nation" is interested in penance.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
How did it get derailed? If you don't agree it doesn't mean it is derailed. The Gentlman has his right to say what he wants within forum rules.
Yes - let him express himself. Let us not treat everyone like Pakis. Even if some of us don't agree with his views, he should freely be able to express himself here.

HeinzGud

Country flag
Going by your comments it doesn't seem like the "entire nation" is interested in penance.
So you suggest that our president is to punished!!!! well it's OK if he's proven guilty! Anyways what about the LTTE atrrocities and crimes against humanity???? Will they gonna get punished for that??? Why is this double standard???

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
So you suggest that our president is to punished!!!! well it's OK if he's proven guilty! Anyways what about the LTTE atrrocities and crimes against humanity???? Will they gonna get punished for that??? Why is this double standard???
They are already gone, aren't they? I am not least bit remorseful that LTTE is dead but what happened during the war is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles