love for your country......

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Anshu Attri, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Anshu Attri

Anshu Attri Senior Member Senior Member

yesterday was baisakhi, students from PUNJAB were celebrating this festival.every thing was gonig right but after some time they starts shouting ''KHALISTAN ZINDABAAD'' .these guys are aged between 18-24 years .they are INDIANS but they don't like to be friends with INDIANS from another states rather they prefer being friends with PAKISTANIS. these people are very warm towards pakistanis as if they are related in blood. last month a group of INDIANS were standing with some pakistanis (they are classmates), majority of the guys in this group are PUNJABIS ,the pakistani guy said '' INSHAH ALLAH YOU WILL GET YOUR KHALISTAN''. they have videos and wallpapers of BABBAR KHALSA on there phones . they were talking about some distributions of booklets and pamphlets about having a separate country KHAlISTAN in punjab and the biggest conundrum is that these things are being distributed amongst young age groups aged above 12 to 13 years .

the reason why i want to discuss this issue is because first of all it hurts a lot as these are those people about whom i have heard great stories from my elders about how they faught for our country whether be it BANA SINGH OR KULDEEP SINGH CHAN PURI . these people are indians and i respect them as they are the greatest of warriors of this whole world & i respect them for there valour and there sacrifices for our country, these are our brothers .

1. what is the reason behind all this ?
    2. is there any mistake from our side which made them to choose such a way ?
    3. what is the govt. doing regarding all this (because this is a practicle situation).
    4. what are your views regarding all this?

NOTE : I am not talking about all punjabis .

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Baisakhi is today. And yesterday was the Anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.

Can you provide a source for this happening ? and where was this ? This can't be in India my 2 cents.

4. Anshu Attri

sorry sir but they celebrated it yesterday......

5. Singh

Read my edited post.

Baisakhi is today. And yesterday was the Anniversary of Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.

Can you provide a source for this happening ? and where was this ? This can't be in India my 2 cents.

If this is not in India, I don't care for a good numbers of the NRI Sikhs are ignorant.

6. Anshu Attri

this incident took place in ukraine and these guys are here for studies and they are not NRI. after 1 or 2 years they will return to INDIA.
    no , i don't have the source but these incidents took place in front of my eyes but i can provide you with information about these guys (means who they are)

7. Singh

I seriously doubt they can do anything, their numbers are much too small. They could be asylum seekers too.

Rest assured in India such things don't happen. No wonder we have 2 regiments of Sikhs in the Army, and a Sikh PM.

8. Anshu Attri

well sir i know that but this issue is not to be taken lighty as i think this issue is growing again and it is to be taken care of as u must have heard little drops make big oceans these guys here may be small in number(40-50) but about 98% of them are engaged in such activities and sir then you can wonder what must be happening in india with such guys being outnumbered .

9. Singh

The situation has improved considerably. Do read upon the bloody Punjab insurgency. Khalistan has to be made in India and not Ukraine, right ? There is no support for Khalistan in India.
    And even a majority of the expat Sikhs today are anti-Khalistan. Don't work yourself up. :)

10. Anshu Attri

thanku very much sir i am so delighted to hear this i was very much upset regarding this matter it was a dilemma for me ! the first time that i heard about khalistan was here and i was realy shocked and i read about the history about khalistan ! sir can u please provide me a suitable link to read more regarding this matter as i am keen to know more !

11. Singh

There is a thread on DFI, search a bit.. Wikipedia is there also.

In short.
    Khalistan was never really the demand. Sikhs had given a lot of sacrifices for the sake of India and Hinduism as well.
    The botched up Operation Bluestar and the ensuing anti-Sikh pogroms was the tipping point.
    Emotions got the better of some Sikhs and an insurgency ensued. However, the masses were against the bloodshed of their own people and soon sense prevailed.
    Khalistan had no religious sanction as per Sikhism nor was it the popular demand. Hence it fizzled out.

kseeker likes this.
  12. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

An old and dead topic kept alive by ISI and some bought out anti nationals who follow a particular faith. All this ended years ago and has no chance of flaring up again. By the way, the so called Khalistanis should demand the capital of Khalistan as Nankana Sahib and Pakistani Punjab for their Khalistan. They wont get anything from India.. That would really be setting the cats among the pigeons.

Anshu Attri and Singh like this.
  13. anirvan78900

anirvan78900 New Member

Mr. Moderator,This is the best answer possible for the people demanding Khalistan. ISI must support their demand for Nankana Sahib.

kseeker likes this.
  14. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

I have read somewhere that the younger generation in Punjab are more interested in Khalistan movement, this may just be part of the teenage rebel phase that we all go through, but the govt must make sure that the ISI isn't able to fish in murky waters.

15. Singh

Absolutely not. That young generation is more interested in blowing money, girls, fashion, drinking, drugs etc. But yes some sections of younger generation of expat Sikhs are interested in Khalistan largely because of ABCD effect.

16. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Yes Yusuf you are right, also in many Pakistani forums ISI insects are crawling and keeping this issue alive to create nuisance. in NEW Zealand my first cousin brother living with many Sikh students was telling me that there are 4 gurudwara in Auckland; frequently speaking anti india slogans to new visitors and have pictures of terrorist in Gurudwaras. So the propaganda is not merely from pakistan but from people within as well. These people are mischief mongers and practically snubbed by society way before. They have no other way to vent off their idiotic ideology but to spread hatred. I always wonder that india was able to revive after these dark times, thanks to wise Punjabi community but why 25000 murders are still not enough for these rats is beyond my understanding.
    However i must conclude my point that nri sikhs using worship places to project such propaganda is what i hate like hell but i personally know many nri sikhs genuinely concerned about justice for 1984 victims and i am with them on this.

Anshu Attri and Singh like this.
  17. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Anshu,

There is a section though largely marginalized with in India who do sympathize with the cause, this age group is either pretty old or is in their late 40s-50s.

The young mind who have not been through the riots have questions why those riots happened, which gets followed by tales of that era which is sure to make most of them angry but with in the country these sentiments further do not get fanned and no one is interested, too many people were lost during that time and no one wants a repeat of it, people in the end themselves got fed up with violence, but when the same young blood moves out of India where the atmosphere is not as restricted and where anti-india rhetoric is propagated then that sentiment translates into hatred but as paaji said they can feed whatever they want to but until and unless it does not get translated into action here in India till then it is meaningless, and on ground the same is not allowed to take place and from the look of things the government is well aware and remains vigilant to any threat perception, more like once bitten twice shy!

Having said that, yes the sentiment outside India is strong even today and will remain so for some more time to come but with each passing day the zeal is dieing down, more recently the GoI allowed around 100 sikh/Punjabi NRIs who were till recently blacklisted from entering India for having links with the movement, so this should speak about the confidence the government has on things not going out of hand.

And no, this isn’t about ISI, but Punjabis/Sikhs themselves financing to make sure the anti India sentiment remains alive and least the Sikhs forget what happened in 84 (churasi de dange), and as for Pakistanis, as usual they believe an enemy’s enemy a friend, nothing new.

Anshu Attri likes this.
  18. Singh

H&R has hit the nail on the head. Good post. I concur with him.

19. Singh

Even outside India, the Khalistani cause is supported by a minority but they get a lot of attention. I wouldn't bother about them.

20. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

paaji i heard we have lot of these khalistan bals in canada.What got them so obsessed with Khalistan?Sikhs are doted upon here in india and these guys are uber fanatic about khalistan

21. Anshu Attri

read the forum........