Lost in transit..a road to nowhere...china and back to amchi mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
A ROAD TO NOWHERE

Came back yesterday from Hong kong and Shenzhen(china),the moment I walked into the arrival lounge was warmly greeted by the overwhelming stench from the stained carpet " welcome back home"

Jokes apart what progress these countries have done is beyond anybody's imagination,we are nottoo far we have a great achievement to boast about a sea link from bandra to worli sea face which took 10 years to make and a budget that would buy a small nation,and god knows how long it will stand on its leg's which is like a 6"zipper on the pant,these guys have sea links for miles, you never know where they ended and started,you zip from one to another, you don't see the pant only the zipper going all around, beautiful blue sea the roads are silky smooth not even a scratch or a patch of unevenness,while you are driving you see other links up and down for miles,no people or animals ,no hawkers,beggars,squatters and above all no slums.

The buildings one better than the other,you marvel at each,I cant find one damn building in south Mumbai even Antilla for the price you are made to pay,their middle class buildings are better than our best of best, the people on the roads looked very well dressed in latest and fashionable clothing,the restaurants were rocking, we went to pizza hut which had a capacity for 200 people and it was full on a Monday,most youngsters I saw were having cold drinks and not booze,totally hip hop crowd looking very happy and prosperous unlike some stories which we keep hearing.Malls were full and people were shopping.

I use to say we are atleast 50 years behind china, this trip confirmed we are 5000 years behind and I only see us getting worst from here, they move forward by leaps and bounds and we keep sprinting backwards, we don't even have roads,if the asphalt sorry(shit) put on the ground looks to you like a road then you have never seen what roads look like and iam wasting time explaining the same, even in the crap we drive thru we have to find patches where we can drive and avoid falling into potholes if you are lucky to survive that,then you have to dodge people who are competing with each other who will die under your wheel first.

The variety of goods manufactured in these countries is beyond imagination, people are extremely hardworking and churn out products at prices one cant imagine, never buy electronics from there, but you cant compete with them in clothing,watches,toys and sundry goods,let me give you an example they sell a toy for 40 Rs which has 2 recharchable batteries included,In India if you go to buy only 2 rechargable batteries of everready you will get them for not less than Rs 250/- forget the toy.

In India you will not get a decent shirt for less than 1500/- few washes and the collar will be looking east going west and the shirt completely washed out, Iam a vetran garment exporter since 41 years and I say this with authority that we are lucky to get business from the west,either our buyers are not aware or we are bloody lucky.there you can get a branded beautiful shirt for Rs 270/- in retail,name the brand tommy Hilfiger,paul smith,polo, camel,paul shark etc;and jeans for Rs 550/-

The pace at which these guys have moved ahead make us look stupid, we may churn out educated kids who will service in banks and financial institutions, we need someone who can make roads first, that look like roads, we cant or don't even know our ABC and we talk about being a emerging super power or rubbing shoulders with china,anybody comparing India to china must be put behind bars and keys thrown in the sea as it is rubbing salt into the wounds and making us look like idiots.lets stop folling ourselves iam getting out of garment business and want to become a Baba as china cant compete in this and I can find many followers "Jai Baba ki"balls to garment and being a exporter.

KARAN DIWANLOST IN TRANSIT..A ROAD TO NOWHERE...CHINA AND BACK TO AMCHI MUMBAI | Sulekha Creative

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned
Re: Lost in transit..a road to nowhere...china and back to amchi mumba

WHY CHINA ROCKS
by karan diwan in
Creative
Posted on 09 Nov 2009
|
Respond
11 Responses

I came back last weeek from china ,on my first visit i was impressed by the infrastructure and the modern buildings which make US & Europe look like thirdworld countries, we dont even exist in that category,we are from a different era perhaps stone age.

This trip to china was for sourcing of products for imports into india, i had a agent to help me out,but first let me come to the basics, i had beeen doing my homework for over a year on products i wanted,i corresponded with my chinese counter parts, the replies very almost instant and in details pictures along side with everything i wanted to know abt each item inculded pirce n freight.

When i informed them about my travel dates all of them sent me invitation via chinese embassy a must to get visa nowadays, asked me if needed my hotel accomodation and taxi to pick me at shanghai airport,this w/o even having done a single paisa business with them.

I went to one manufacturing town in china by taxi, appointments arranged by my agent to take me to various showrooms to select items of my intrest which i did and covered about 60-80 showrooms in a day and selecting items all with diff prices and look,moving from one to next one and so on.what impressed me the most when i reached my hotel in the evening i had a excel sheet with picture of each item selected by me from where i selected qty i ordred price i paid,add of supplier wt telephone no, all details and here we are talking about 100 plus items each photgraphed with all above details alongside,all this done by a young chinese boy of not over 24 years of age, whose english would be as good as my spanish.

Frankly i dont think any of my staff would be able to do one tenth of what this kid did, we have buyers coming to our office and select 100 plus items, they need to be photographed,priced, changes made to be noted all this takes my staff of 3 people 3-4 days to do so, and with plenty of mistakes.

wherever i went i found people to be very enthusiastic about their work,everyshowroom owner told me how much he wanted to do business with me,unfortunately in my own country when i have orders and call my suppliers they come at their own sweet will as if doing me a favour i have to give a fat cheque of 50% advance with order plus take bullshit from them,deliveries are never on time,and quality the less said the better.

Here the attitute towards work is pathetic,whether you hire a carpenter, painter, electrician, contractor the work is never on time and money is taken in advance and you have to run around looking for the character where he went.it is the same old story, and will continue, as we say Ram Barosay.

China is moving forward at a rapid pace, currently we are a generation behind, if we keep sleeping we will really look like we are from the stone age, the rapid pace at which flyovers are being constructed left right and centre ,here we guys are fighting to change name plates to regional language and take oath in regional langauge,do what you want in any language the language should be move on, progress,infra structure, less holidays more work,move your arse(out of bed) and get rocking too

Rgds//Karan diwan

Last edited:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned

Why we will never be like China
by karan diwan in
Creative
Posted on 02 Sep 2009
|
Respond
20 Responses

I Bought a shirt in NY, made in china, I wore this shirt for a meeting,my buyer liked the shirt and told me if i could leave the shirt next day,as he wanted to place a order in that,i was excited and at the same time scared because i knew it was made in china and not india.

well i came back to india ,and after a week, my buyer placed shirt order for 10,000 pcs as per sample n couriered back the shirt to me,I contacted chinese companies manufacturing shirts, i got a million companies contacting me with same shirt, same design, and 14 more colours, price Rs 60/- fob china.
very excited i made calls to parties who sent me pictures and many couried me the same shirt i was looking for .Absolutely same probably better, same colour,same print to the "T".

Back in mumbai I called my old reliable printers, fabricators to get the costing of the shirt made in china, when i put together the cost it was working out Rs.187/- to be precise.

The story does not end here,the story starts from here,

my chinese counterparts who i dont know from adams keep posting me mails couriering me samples after samples as they want my business,i told them iam planning to come to china to explore the possiblities of taking the business to greater heights n do more research on what they can supply me for future, i got flooded with mails when are you coming, we will come and pick you up,which hotel do you want us to book,i have received invitations from over 20 companies.

My own printers and fabricators in India, with whom i have dealt for over a decade and more, I had to call several times to arrange a meeting,they came, gave prices and disappeared, nobody has called me sir what happened ,do you want to take the order forward, absolutely nothing.

whenever i make a call either the person dosen't sound too eager or is busy with social, relegious or family functions,and like he is doing me a favour.At times i wonder at this kind of laid back attitute, iam 53 and enjoy working sun, mon, holidays work is workship for me and even now i work hard more for pleasure than money, i will never let go of a order , because i have plenty and i dont need more, for me more the merrier.

My kind of enthusiam i found in the chinese,who are ready to do even small quantities like 500 pcs, here iam placing order every item 10,000 pcs, in my own country nobody is intrested except me, in china iam welcome with open arms and at these quantities they are ready to lay a red carpet for me.

i called my clearing & forwarding agent to give me Airfreight &sea freight rates china-mumbai, i had to remind my agent's 10 times before i got rates, I asked the potential importer in china abt same i got reply in 15 minutes with dimensions too.

The diffrence is Attitute towards work, here in india we have no work culture, everything is chalta hai, "Agar naseeb mein hain to miley gaa".i forgot to add the delivery of 10,000 pcs in china was 15 days, in india delivery of 5000 pcs was 90 days,(we will try) , you know diwali, navrathri,from my experience it will be 3000pcs in 90 days with another 30 days to do alreations of 3000 pcs before they are shipped, n rest will be lies of new delivery dates,next week, monday, friday, tuesday.

we talk about being a super power, global power i dont know what that means as it sounds alien and greek to me, we cant manufcture a 60 Rs item made in china.if we do then it cost 180 Rs,and still make rubbish, if we do then the delivery is probably 90 days, if am lucky in 110 days i will get the goods ,but nowhere near the 60 bucks chinese product.
Iam giving a fisthand information which iam able to give after travelling all corners of world,spending lots of money n time ,mine not some corporates,this is all what i experienced since 10th aug 2009when i arrived from NY to mumbai.

PART..........2........ IS MORE INTRESTING AND DEALS WITH IMPORTS N INDIAN CUSTOMS ,DUTIES,REGULATIONS........... WILL WRITE LATER, LETS SEEWHAT YOU GUYS HAVE TO SAY FOR THIS ONE.

LTE-TDD

Haha, Do not trust them! this is communist propaganda

arkem8

Country flag

Haha, Do not trust them! this is communist propaganda
Must be!! but why China 50c shyte youth always make dodgy post but no provide link.

Also in a Chinatown a turd and a shyte must smell like a strawberry, China be land of mirrk and honey!!No poor peopre and no dirty thing happen in China!!

China family be on glorious mission re-educate the Running Dog peopre Hwang Gong!!

Haw! haw!! haw!!

Last edited:

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned

Must be!! but why China 50c shyte youth always make dodgy post but no provide link.

Also in a Chinatown a turd and a shyte must smell like a strawberry, China be land of mirrk and honey!!No poor peopre and no dirty thing happen in China!!

Haw! haw!! haw!!
you must be blind so you cried haw haw haws to remind people you are coming or you might have just fell into the one of the pits on the road?
Open your eyes and find the link, it is quoted from his blog. If you need special help for handicapes, let me know.

DaTang

Tihar Jail
Banned

China family be on glorious mission re-educate the Running Dog peopre Hwang Gong!!

Haw! haw!! haw!!
it is a kid, and the parent just cannot find a restroom on plain street, so they move him nearby the dustbin and help the poor kid.
Here in the US, you see parents threw out a diaper and toss it to garbage can too, what's wrong with it?

It only make you look worse.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles