Looks like Pakistan is going to test missile on 07-08 Nov 2014.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I hope its not DF21.
Chinese do not give their missiles tech to Pakistan, They have the fear of some how terrorists getting hold of these and will be used against China.

The possibility of Transfer of tech for lower ranges is there, assuming china can detect and kill the missile if it is used against China.

Illusive

Country flag
Chinese do not give their missiles tech to Pakistan, They have the fear of some how terrorists getting hold of these and will be used against China.

The possibility of Transfer of tech for lower ranges is there, assuming china can detect and kill the missile if it is used against China.
Chinese wont give them tech easily, pak has little say in these matters. DF21 has be sold to SA, so pakistan getting hands on few of those missiles is a legitimate concern.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In all probability Saheen II missile. (7-8 Nov)

The NOTAM for Nov. 13-14 is for a smaller range missile.

Seems Raheel is sending a strong signal before USA visit.
can you post that NOTAM we can discuss that too here................

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Chinese wont give them tech easily, pak has little say in these matters. DF21 has be sold to SA, so pakistan getting hands on few of those missiles is a legitimate concern.
Chinese have to concern more about CIA getting its hands into one of the DF21...................

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think DRDO should at least track this missile and even try to engage it electronically. I dont think international law says anything about someone launching the missile in international water, it will, not be called owned by Pakistan, once it left their area of control, as they have discarded or out of their hand, it will be finder who will be new owner.

ladder

Country flag
2. MISSILE FIRING WILL BE CARRIED OUT BETWEEN 0400 TO 0700 UTC
ON 12 AND 13 NOV 14 IN AREA BOUNDED BY FOLLOWING COORDINATES:

A. (1) 25-11.89N 066-21.70E
(2) 25-02.95N 066-36.57E
(3) 24-17.67N 066-04.20E
(4) 24-26.40N 065-49.20E

B. (1) 15-53.18N 060-06.12E
(2) 15-41.43N 060-25.07E
(3) 14-55.94N 059-54.68E
(4) 15-07.47N 059-35.73E

ALTITUDE 436000 METRES
http://paknavy.gov.pk/securite/20141105SEC 302.txt

[/QUOTE]
can you post that NOTAM we can discuss that too here................

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
[/QUOTE]

MISSILE FIRING WILL BE CARRIED OUT BETWEEN 0400 TO 0700 UTC
ON 12 AND 13 NOV 14 IN AREA BOUNDED BY FOLLOWING COORDINATES:

A. (1) 25-11.89N 066-21.70E
(2) 25-02.95N 066-36.57E
(3) 24-17.67N 066-04.20E
(4) 24-26.40N 065-49.20E

B. (1) 15-53.18N 060-06.12E
(2) 15-41.43N 060-25.07E
(3) 14-55.94N 059-54.68E
(4) 15-07.47N 059-35.73E

ALTITUDE 436000 METRES
A
GPS Coordinate Converter, Maps and Info
B

this shows that Pakistan is going to test the missile for 1200-1300 kms

ladder

Country flag
sayareakd;966591 A [url=http://boulter.com/gps/?c=25-11.89N++066-21.70E#25-11.89N%20%20066-21.70E said:

[/QUOTE]

So probably tomorrow Saheen II and next week Saheen 1A.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
So they are going to test two missiles one for about 2500 km and other for 1200+ kms. Another interesting aspect is that they have stay away from India's coastal area so that Indian radars cannot track it, but they forget that our ships also track our missiles, they also got missile tracking radars.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
So they are going to test two missiles one for about 2500 km and other for 1200+ kms. Another interesting aspect is that they have stay away from India's coastal area so that Indian radars cannot track it, but they forget that our ships also track our missiles, they also got missile tracking radars.
May be they are not sure of the trajectory and guidance systems.

Anyway our ships will pick up the missile trajectory.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
May be they are not sure of the trajectory and guidance systems.

Anyway our ships will pick up the missile trajectory.
good time to pick up from our satellite, both the optical, radar and other secret black projects eye in the sky.

morgoth

I believe this is nothing but Paki khakis putting up a brave face. Testing old maal and claiming them as new maal. They know India is testing canisterized Agni-5 and God knows what other missile under the guise of baby Agnis launch..

(Probably, the Agni-I/II launches are just the lungi, under the lungi its probably a ABM test trying to blow the agnis outta the sky)

Also the range of the missile need not exactly match the co-ordinates mentioned in the NOTAM. There is always some buffer requested by the issuer.

Also I guess the range this time will be accurately advertised by ISPR post-launch. I remember last time the dhoti-wearing, thin-legged Indian scientists tracked the paki launch (which was done as a 'reply' to India's maiden A5 launch and the paki missle was claimed to have x kms range) and promptly pulled down the paki langots in full public view by declaring that the actual measured range was only x/3 kms or so (may be x/2 kms)..

I remember it caused extreme khujli to the paki jihadis online

Lets see what happens this time around :pop::pop:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pakistanis were sad that India had tested so many mizziles and they can test only Nasr Rockets, therefore to give boost to terrorists they are trying to test two missiles. Its a tall order lets see. Best part is that we are going to see/watch the target area.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
good time to pick up from our satellite, both the optical, radar and other secret black projects eye in the sky.
One Kolkata class destroyer can pick up the path of the Missile entirely !!

the anti ballistic missile system radars iare fully capable of the same.

Then we have synthetic aperture radars which are deployed they can track the heat signature also. I have no Idea if the satellite will pass through the specified zone at the time of missile test.

RISAT-2 is India's first heavy satellite with a synthetic aperture radar. It has a day-night, all-weather monitoring capability. Potential applications include tracking hostile ships at sea that could pose a military threat.[4]

Though ISRO sought to underplay the satellite's defence applications in its announcements, a majority of the media classified it as a spy satellite.[5] ISRO's website claims that the satellite will enhance ISRO's capability for earth observation, especially during floods, cyclones, landslides and in disaster management in a more effective way. In a significant deviation, India's state television Doordarshan, did not telecast the launch live.[6]
India also has satellites which can take pictures :thumb:

Poseidon

Country flag
If it is a Shaheen missile then we can be sure that the test sute is Sonmiani asall Shaheen missile are tested from there.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I believe this is nothing but Paki khakis putting up a brave face. Testing old maal and claiming them as new maal. They know India is testing canisterized Agni-5 and God knows what other missile under the guise of baby Agnis launch..

(Probably, the Agni-I/II launches are just the lungi, under the lungi its probably a ABM test trying to blow the agnis outta the sky)

Also the range of the missile need not exactly match the co-ordinates mentioned in the NOTAM. There is always some buffer requested by the issuer.

Also I guess the range this time will be accurately advertised by ISPR post-launch. I remember last time the dhoti-wearing, thin-legged Indian scientists tracked the paki launch (which was done as a 'reply' to India's maiden A5 launch and the paki missle was claimed to have x kms range) and promptly pulled down the paki langots in full public view by declaring that the actual measured range was only x/3 kms or so (may be x/2 kms)..

I remember it caused extreme khujli to the paki jihadis online

Lets see what happens this time around :pop::pop:
:lol::lol::lol:

sorcerer

Country flag

Then we have synthetic aperture radars which are deployed they can track the heat signature also. I have no Idea if the satellite will pass through the specified zone at the time of missile test.

If Its a Pakistani missile, we can track by the tell tale signs.We just gotta look for the debris floating in the sea.. Thats how even the Pakistan track their missiles.
Its called "Litter signature".

Pakistan Govt and their establishments have 3 things to pacify the unrest of common mass inside Pakistan.
1) Firing at LOC.
2) Firing random missile, by numbering it randomly and having a random count down deep into the vast ocean. If it lifts off as much as a feet in the air its declared a success.
3)A win for Pakistani cricket team.

These makes the average Pakistani feel that their Govt is on the right track progressing towards an egress.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

i think more then that we can get close view of the launchers and put that info on our data base, so that at the time of war we should know what kind of truck to follow/track and take out. Ofcourse we can test our missile to get live firing info and test IAF to do the same.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles