LOC, LAC & IB warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Debate on border skirmishes between Indian and China & Pakistan ..

Link to the former thread :
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...kirmish-news-images-discussion.77768/page-164

Keep this thread strictly on LOC, LAC skirmish related where regular and special forces of both sides are involve and not irregular warfare & counter insurgency ..

Post all counter-insurgency news and post here : http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...perations-pictures-discussions.24605/page-252

===============================

@Kunal Biswas
@pmaitra
@hammer head
@reddevil9
@ghost
@Project Dharma

@raheel besharam
Bhai log since the former thread has already been FUBAR with irrelevant news spams and chatter, i am opening this new thread strictly related to LoC/IB warfare and updates with exclusive pics, equipments in use by Pak, PLA and Indian Forces.

Further, as war history i will be posted about past Border skirmishes way back in 1800s till 2017.

Bornubus

An exclusive pic of LoC post dominating the area from high ground. Judging by the terrain one can tell how much efforts it take to construct such posts and manned them, equipped them through logistics (mostly by Porters and Mules)

1. Green circle - upper OP

2.Yellow circle - Bunker @flanks

communication trench between them is perfectly hidden in the woods.

JOf361497042028.jpg

pmaitra

We do not generally allow multiple threads on the same topic, but I think @Bornubus has a point. I wouldn't mind merging this with the older thread, provided we can strictly control the content there. When moderators are able to devote more time, post deletion should be the remedy, and when moderators are not able to devote enough time, bans for repeat offenders shall be considered. This is my proposal. @Kunal Biswas, what do you think? The alternative is to have two threads running in parallel.

Bornubus

We do not generally allow multiple threads on the same topic, but I think @Bornubus has a point. I wouldn't mind merging this with the older thread, provided we can strictly control the content there. When moderators are able to devote more time, post deletion should be the remedy, and when moderators are not able to devote enough time, bans for repeat offenders shall be considered. This is my proposal. @Kunal Biswas, what do you think? The alternative is to have two threads running in parallel.
Go with the existing thread as it already has a lot of info from at least last year........
That thread now filled with unnecessary news. Readers will have to turn several pages before they can get to relevant stuff.

Besides, this thread will also update about LAC (Chinese border)

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
An exclusive pic of LoC post dominating the area from high ground. Judging by the terrain one can tell how much efforts it take to construct such posts and manned them, equipped them through logistics (mostly by Porters and Mules)

1. Green circle - upper OP

2.Yellow circle - Bunker @flanks

communication trench between them is perfectly hidden in the woods.

View attachment 16610
1)Whose post is that our's or paki's.
2)Too much vegetation,how can you see some on that woods hiding or approaching you?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The former thread is closed & Will continue on this thread until it reach 100 pages ..

The link of the former thread is posted here on first post of first page of this thread ..

Bornubus

Our Post.

2)Too much vegetation,how can you see some on that woods hiding or approaching you?
Mines & Surveillance equipments. And if the enemy could able to bypass these then the post will be open to Raid.

As happened in the past.

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
According to Times now the buildup on LoC (pak side) is comparable to Kargil.
:eek1:
Skardu must be buzzing with Goat violators.
If the situation does escalate, I really hope we bring in the sister services (VayuSena & NauSena) to the battlefield on Day Zero itself and not wait for "Babu Level 0>Babu Level 1>Babu Level 2>....>MoS Def>Raksha Mantri>CCS permissions". The new joint doctrine can be applied and fine tuned in a real war environment.
Plus I believe it is high time that we liberate PoK and establish a land boundary with our ancient neighbours, the Afghans.

I think Aroor saab is wrong.
Army got new helmets for Para SF in the recent past, I believe.
But welcome order nonetheless.

itsme

Country flag
Individual soldiers should be equipped with helmet mounted NVG's which I have not seen even in a single pic which has been deployed operationally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles