Line of Control & Border skirmish: News, Images & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just saw this on NYTimes.. What the actual fuck??

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/opinion/cruelty-and-cowardice-in-kashmir.html

@pmaitra Alright now I'm with Trump supporters in calling them fake news.

Ah I see they have this guys as the staff editor of opinions https://twitter.com/basharatpeer

Coward couldn't even use his name on the article.
Now a days I have come to the conclusion that, We need not worry about what New York Times writes about Kashmir.

Earlier our worry was that, during Obama presidency their policies might be effected by what American liberal media writes. Now with NYT hating president in place, there is no such danger.

On the other hand we now have to worry about what fox is saying on this issue. So far I don't think fox even bothers to report about kashmir.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Now a days I have come to the conclusion that, We need not worry about what New York Times writes about Kashmir.

Earlier our worry was that, during Obama presidency their policies might be effected by what American liberal media writes. Now with NYT hating president in place, there is no such danger.

On the other hand we now have to worry about what fox is saying on this issue. So far I don't think fox even bothers to report about kashmir.
But Trump won't be around forever, there will be a Democrat president somewhere down the line. Looks like Muslims have managed to infiltrate big media organizations (BBC had a similar dude from Pakistan).. We need to fight the media war more effectively

Country flag
But Trump won't be around forever, there will be a Democrat president somewhere down the line. Looks like Muslims have managed to infiltrate big media organizations (BBC had a similar dude from Pakistan).. We need to fight the media war more effectively
Indians should focus more on getting top posts in Politics and Bureaucracy- Both in states and Federal Govt and assemblies- also try to get in Judiciary- with the talented diaspora we have- this would be an easy Job- Our Business community there has enough money to buy out these media houses once they have good backing from the system and no one better than Indians to find loop holes in a democratic system and how to subvert the decision making and popular opinion- Our only problem is strategic thinking is lacking-

And don't worry about this rabid leftists they keep on barking about Arabs and Jews what have they been able to achieve till now- Strategic relations matters more than shitty values-

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
we just need to wait till europe boils to the brim, i say in another 5-6 years and this is bound to happen. if le penn wins in france, it might be even faster.

i believe that there is no way liberal media will give importance to ideology than security, when the time comes. when it comes to the choice of protecting their beliefs over protecting the roof over their head, i believe they will choose to protect the roof over their heads.

WARREN SS

Country flag
Even the procurement via FMS route have been subjected to lengthy trials which is very rare and only happen in India.
Army Itself Is Blamed For this First they compromised Artillery Now Basic aspect of warfare are compromised
Officers in Trials themselves are indulged in kickbacks

Even general are indulged in political power plays Coas deepak kapoor is one example

We have To except there are Rott in Army establishment the Institution Itself is reluctant to change there Old way of warfare.

Army has funds in its grasp but it Not used it

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Sangrur martyr cremated without guard of honour

Sepoy Ravinder Singh fell prey to bullet fired by Pak troops in Poonch

Parvesh Sharma

Tribune News Service

Sangrur, April 20

Resentment prevailed among residents of the district’s Kanakwal Bhangua village today when Army failed to give guard of honour to sepoy Ravinder Singh (20), who lost his life after being hit by a sniper bullet fired by Pakistani troops in Poonch on Tuesday evening, during his cremation.

“The Army must have made arrangements for the guard of honour and the bugler to play the national anthem during the cremation. He died with the bullet of an enemy and his body came wrapped in Tricolour. I am surprised that the Army authorities in Sangrur failed to give the guard of honour to its martyr. We will take up the matter with the higher authorities of the Army,” said Capt Gurdas Singh (retd) of Kanakwal Bhagua village.

Ravinder was cremated today morning in the presence of Sunam Sub-divisional Magistrate (SDM) Rajdeep Brar, Dirba DSP Jasveer Singh, Defense Welfare Services Deputy Director Wing Commander Rajwant Singh (retd) and officers from 21 Punjab D-Coy unit.

“Army should have made required arrangements. I went to attend cremation without any written information after reading in an English daily,” said Rajwant Singh.

The martyr’s father, Balkar Singh, said Ravinder was the third-generation soldier of the family and they were proud of him that he sacrificed his life for the country. “But the Army’s failure in making the required arrangements has hurt all villagers. He should have been cremated with the honour he deserved,” he added.

The Army authorities here confirmed they did not make arrangements for the guard of honour and the bugler. “We did not make arrangements for the guard of honour, as we have still not received information about Ravinder’s death from his unit. Otherwise, there was no reason to deny our martyr the due respect,” an officer said.

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

Parvesh Sharma

Tribune News Service

Sangrur, April 20

Resentment prevailed among residents of the district’s Kanakwal Bhangua village today when Army failed to give guard of honour to sepoy Ravinder Singh (20), who lost his life after being hit by a sniper bullet fired by Pakistani troops in Poonch on Tuesday evening, during his cremation.

“The Army must have made arrangements for the guard of honour and the bugler to play the national anthem during the cremation. He died with the bullet of an enemy and his body came wrapped in Tricolour. I am surprised that the Army authorities in Sangrur failed to give the guard of honour to its martyr. We will take up the matter with the higher authorities of the Army,” said Capt Gurdas Singh (retd) of Kanakwal Bhagua village.

Ravinder was cremated today morning in the presence of Sunam Sub-divisional Magistrate (SDM) Rajdeep Brar, Dirba DSP Jasveer Singh, Defense Welfare Services Deputy Director Wing Commander Rajwant Singh (retd) and officers from 21 Punjab D-Coy unit.

“Army should have made required arrangements. I went to attend cremation without any written information after reading in an English daily,” said Rajwant Singh.

The martyr’s father, Balkar Singh, said Ravinder was the third-generation soldier of the family and they were proud of him that he sacrificed his life for the country. “But the Army’s failure in making the required arrangements has hurt all villagers. He should have been cremated with the honour he deserved,” he added.

The Army authorities here confirmed they did not make arrangements for the guard of honour and the bugler. “We did not make arrangements for the guard of honour, as we have still not received information about Ravinder’s death from his unit. Otherwise, there was no reason to deny our martyr the due respect,” an officer said.
Looks like you were right.. Indians and Pakistanis both play the same game..

Bornubus

At least Indian Media sniff out such things and publish it without fear which you can't imagine in Pak. Their media can't even report the real casualties. Their media is not allowed to contradict the ISPR

As far this news is concerned Shaheed Ravinder was just 20. RIP

Bornubus

As i mentioned earlier there is a lot of difference between the deaths referred as Martyr or ordinary death while in service.

This include "accidental discharge", road accidents and other misc reasons like any medical condition.

Now coming to your comparison with Pakis. I have post several of their casualties last year which ISPR or their media never mentioned.

But in all those casualties Pak Army gave full guard of honor to those Paki soldiers even if they belong to the remotest part of Pak like Rural Sindh, unlike the news of this Marty Ravinder Singh.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
As far this news is concerned Shaheed Ravinder was just 20. RIP
Prior apology but The most brutal and sad fact is

14 lakh armymen, 2000 bhi mar jayein in a year .. it won't make a difference. I know I am harsh and brutal with this post. But this is a fact!

This is happening because every day there is martyr coming in Tri colour. The value of martyrdom is falling.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत

Parvesh Sharma

Tribune News Service

Sangrur, April 20

Still not have received information about Ravinder's death......................................

what the FUCK!!!!!!!!

"the only thing that a man donning those olive green yearn for, is that someday when he will sacrifice his life for his country, he will be termed as a martyr and we will go home like a hero, and will receive that famed guard of honor"
Divesting a soldier from his guard of honor in my opinion is the greatest sin, a uniformed service can ever commit.
Never expected any such thing from our ARMY, i am deeply saddened by this incident,

May Lord grant peace to the departed soul.

@Bornubus sir! were there such sort of cases in the past too or this is the first one?

Tarun Kumar

The senior officer corps of the army is totally rotten to the core. They are good for nothing and deserve to be lined up and given the Stalin treatment. This sniper business has been going on for too long and we have lost nearly a dozen soldiers. It is not rocket science to take out a sniper.

Bornubus

Still not have received information about Ravinder's death......................................
what the FUCK!!!!!!!!

"the only thing that a man donning those olive green yearn for, is that someday when he will sacrifice his life for his country, he will be termed as a martyr and we will go home like a hero, and will receive that famed guard of honor"
Divesting a soldier from his guard of honor in my opinion is the greatest sin, a uniformed service can ever commit.
Never expected any such thing from our ARMY, i am deeply saddened by this incident,

May Lord grant peace to the departed soul.

@Bornubus sir! were there such sort of cases in the past too or this is the first one?

Yes Sir, not a perfect time for men in uniform. As if Public thrashing and kicking is not enough.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/kashmir-army-inquiry-stone-pelters-jeep-viral-video/1/934038.html

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...ed-stone-pelters-kashmir-valley/1/930827.html

captscooby81

Country flag
Looks like the govt is fiddling with the wrong pillar of this country .. The better govt keeps its dirty hands and minds away from the army and let it function on it own is safer for the govt and also for the country ..Last thing we need is hurting the morale of our brave soldiers by disrespecting their martyrdom.....

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
The senior officer corps of the army is totally rotten to the core. They are good for nothing and deserve to be lined up and given the Stalin treatment. This sniper business has been going on for too long and we have lost nearly a dozen soldiers. It is not rocket science to take out a sniper.
pass outs from IMA seem to be better.

Vayuputra

Country flag
In my opinion there should be change of commanders in kashmir. Our brave soldiers are being led by hijras . If a sheep leads pack of lions in to battlefield, it will always lose battles,. Moral of our soldiers are all time low. Army should take immediate action to lift up moral of our soldiers,. In the name of holy land bharat someone please put a bullet in modi's head. it will be a good riddance.

Vayuputra

Country flag
Yes kunalji. we need aggressive commanders the ones we used to have in early 90s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles