Loan Waiver Scheme for Christian converts

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by satyam, Jun 11, 2010.

1. satyam

satyam New Member

Under the debt waiver scheme for the Christian Converts, loans up to Rs.25,000 maturing on 31 March 2006 would be written off fully. In cases where the loan amount exceeds the stipulated amount, penal interest part would be written off, providing the persons with an opportunity to avail a one time benefit.

http://beta.thehindu.com/news/states/kerala/article451983.ece

Is it legal in India to open a scheme for one religion and not to poor under debt in anther religion?? How is this secularism??

I guess we will never see such debates on the Media. Are parties nurturing and ensuring thier vote banks through such means?

3. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

If state is involved in such religion specific relief measures then it is a shame to our country and the secular values it upholds. The govt. should kick the asses of people who came up with such implementation of ideas.

4. AkhandBharat

AkhandBharat Regular Member

Wow this is really pathetic. How can state government sponsor this? Center should intervene!

5. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

I dont see anything wrong in it.Every religious community in india gets benefits by some scheme or the other.If its reservations for hindus and anti cow slaughter laws in case of hindus and haj subsidy and personal laws and wakf board for Muslim then what is wrong with loan waivers for Christian converts???On the other hand i didnt see any benefits govt. gave to Sikhs and Jains and Buddhist.May be that they dont form sizeable vote bank.

6. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

That organization seems to have lobbied with the government to do something like this. I would have rather have all christians in the backward class than just converts to get waiver as that sounds very sinister.

7. nitesh

nitesh Mob Control Manager Stars and Ambassadors

yes the "convert" term which is pointing towards malicious intentions it will give a signal to those who want a loan waiver to convert to Christian ism and get loan waiver this should be stopped

8. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

mockery of democracy and we call BJP a communal party which plays cheap politics and what about this left . isn`t it a cheap politics as well

9. Oracle

Oracle New Member

These stupid politicians should be kicked. What about giving the same amount of money to people who have lost jobs due to recession and have not found any?

10. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

First let me clear some misconceptions that you might have.

Reservations are not just for Hindus it is also there for Muslims and Christians based on their social backwardness (caste if you will). For example muslims have BC reservations at state level, Christians have BC, SC, ST reservations at both state and central level.

Anti-cow slaughter laws has nothing to do social or economic backwardness, it has more to do with religious sentiments.

Haj subsidy is to support poor muslims who cannot afford to go on Haj due to their poverty. There is a debate going on regarding the personal laws to muslims and bringing everyone under uniform civil code.

All of the above doesn't in any way directly or indirectly luring people to convert into their religion while the above loan waiver to Christian converts is. That is the difference.

Having said that, my personal opinion is state has nothing to do with religion and they should keep away from all of the above.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    Sridhar and AkhandBharat like this.