Light Strike Vehicle RFI

Which 4X4 LSV will Serve in Indian Army ?

• Vectra`s LSV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rkhanna

Country flag
>>he will have front cams on bumper & rear for such situations...<<

you want our soldiers to drive on treacherous terrain in war time relying on camera's provided by the lowest bidder? This aint tesla motors.

abingdonboy

Country flag
An unknown light armoured vehicle caught testing in India:

Is speculated to be based on the Mahindra Axe platform

republic_roi97

Country flag
An unknown light armoured vehicle caught testing in India:

Is speculated to be based on the Mahindra Axe platform
Have you got this from Mahindra Axe thread on TBHP forum ?

There was another pic of a speculated modified Axe being tested in Mountainous terrain not unlike Leh Laddakh. This one seems to be another pic of that mysterious vehicle.

abingdonboy

Country flag
That little square window and its position exactly maches with the pic above. Also, the dimensions seem similar too.
The rear overhang looks similar also but the placement of the spare tire is different as is the reas section, in the on the road pic there is a step that is not seen in the render, in the render the rear section roof is entirely flat.

republic_roi97

Country flag
The rear overhang looks similar also but the placement of the spare tire is different as is the reas section, in the on the road pic there is a step that is not seen in the render, in the render the rear section roof is entirely flat.
I guess that this one is not LAMV because the rear looks completely different, its ground clearance and wheels are larger than the LAMV, this might be a different vehicle based ob the LAMV platform or maybe a crossover of LAMV with the MPV by TATA. Might even be altogether a different Vehicle.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I guess that this one is not LAMV because the rear looks completely different, its ground clearance and wheels are larger than the LAMV, this might be a different vehicle based ob the LAMV platform or maybe a crossover of LAMV with the MPV by TATA. Might even be altogether a different Vehicle.
It looks like it shares similarities with the TATA LSV, the LAMV is a larger vehicle.

abingdonboy

Country flag
@Kunal Biswas can you give updates on the IA's LSV hunt? Now we have seen the new Mahindra and TATA offers being tested (by their OEMs I guess).

sthf

Country flag
@abingdonboy I think they are of similar dimensions. The loading auto you see in the pic is not very wide. Those things rarely are.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles