Libyan Rebel Tank Explode..

bhramos

Country flag
was that a man ???
who flyed like a crow????

indian_sukhoi

For a Rebel Army, Those toyatas are more reliable than using vintage Tanks!!

Reminds me of The Great Toyota War between chad and libyans forces. Pick up trucks like those fitted with ATGMs took out the libyan tanks force.

Did these kind of incident ever happened for regular army?
How do they deal with it from not happening?

indian_sukhoi

Must the the T-62s, Libya brought a lot of T-62s in their inventory. The same T-62s which got blown up in Chad-Libya Toyota War against some Toyota trucks fitted with ATGMs.

The ammunition stored inside must had blwon the Tank after sometime!!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
When I was a loader I never thought about a defective round, only about losing fingers to the breechblock.

RIP to those poor bastards.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Did these kind of incident ever happened for regular army?
How do they deal with it from not happening?
It happens with Old Ammo, Once inserted into barrel and you fire but nothing happens, Then you try to unload from breach and then it Explode, Also do not these are rebels, Ill trained to handle such situations, Their is nothing you can do to prevent it, their are measures i don't know, May be a tanker....

what kind of tank was it?
This was a T-55, By looking at the barrel and its fume extractor..

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
When I was a loader I never thought about a defective round, only about losing fingers to the breechblock.

RIP to those poor bastards.
can u please write a blog or a thread about your experiences with battle tanks :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
can u please write a blog or a thread about your experiences with battle tanks :)
I trained on M60A3 with the North Carolina National Guard (2 Bn 252 Armor) and have posted a few things related to that experience.

I do not remember specific training to misfires or hangfires. If it had happened I imagine Range Control would take over.

Today I read in the newspaper about links between NCNG and the armed forces of Moldova. The partnership has been in existence for some time.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles