Letter from US Congressman David Price

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Some time ago there was a thread regarding the cancellation of a US DIA seminar on Balochistan. At that time I wrote an inquiry to my congressman. Today I received his reply.

July 17, 2012

MSG (ret) William Ewald
124 Doe Court
Apex, NC 27523-8474

Dear Mr. Ewald:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the cancellation of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency's seminar on Balochistan. It is good to hear from you and I regret the delay in responding.

According to the Department of Defense, this particular seminar was cancelled because of concerns raised regarding the composition of individuals and topics the panel would address on the Baloch issue. As you know, separatists in the Balochistan province have contributed to unrest there. The Government of Pakistan specifically conveyed concerns to the State Department. In light of the démarche issued by the Government of Pakistan over this issue, the Department of Defense felt that the harm to U.S.-Pakistani relations would outweigh the benefits of continuing to hold the panel. If you would like to register your concerns over this matter with the Defense Intelligence Agency, you may access contact information on their website: DIA | Contact DIA.

I hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for contacting me, and please continue to be in touch on issues of concern.

Sincerely,

DAVID PRICE

DAVID PRICE
Member of Congress

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
With spiralling downwards of US Pakistan relationship, it is but obvious that the US did not want to pour oil on troubled waters.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles