LDF election manifesto

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by anoop_mig25, Mar 19, 2011.

1. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

LDF election manifesto by SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

Here are highlights
    1>Has promised 25 lakh new jobs

2>one month's maternity leave with wages for women working in the unorganised sectorone month's maternity leave with wages for women working in the unorganised sector

3>free education with books, noon meal and uniforms for all children and Rs.400 pension for all aged persons with the additional promise to raise the maternity leave with wages to three months and all welfare pensions to Rs.1,000 over five years.

4> promises to recognise 35 to 40 lakh families as below poverty line (BPL) families

5> provide rice at Rs.2 a kg to all ration cardholders, constitute a welfare fund for domestic workers and employees of unaided educational institutions, including special schools,

6>convert all ration shops into franchisees of the Kerala State Civil Supplies Corporation (Supplyco)

7>provide kerosene subsidy at the rate of Rs.20 a litre, implement a Rs.7,500-crore scheme for women empowerment over the coming five years and a Rs.5,000-crore special package for coastal areas.

8>On Resrevation-->the alliance would also work to ensure that Dalit Christians and Christian converts received reservation benefits at present available to Scheduled Castes.:doh:

9>Best is this one-->Says will work for 10 per cent quota for forward communities -->would strive for a Constitution amendment that would make 10 per cent reservation benefits available to the poorest in the forward communities :becky::pound::pound::pound::pound:

3. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

Hopefully LDF will not forget this manifesto as they sit in the opposition benches for atleast the next five years.

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Sorry I am a late comer here. What is LDF?

5. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Left democratic front .

6. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I like that 10% reservation for forward communities. Many among the forwards indeed need this assistance.

7. malluowl

malluowl Regular Member

I am a strong proponent of assisting the backward communities but also realize to my utter dismay that the forward communities have equally deserving people in its fold. However, I sincerely doubt any party anywhere in India will ever do anything for the poor in forward communities just because of the fear of antagonizing the vocal and politically active backward communities.

Well, I guess its time the financially backward in forward communities raise some voice on this issue and get their dues. Maybe its time the Indian Government formulate a policy where they will provide quotas or financial assistance only to the deserving individuals/families irrespective of caste politics?
    Just curious to know how much support this will have from the Indian public.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
  8. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

Our people have become habitual of feeding on caste politics and reservation.
    "Fokat ki botiya nochne ki aadat ho gayi hai sabko"
    I firstly do not support reservation at all, in the way it works today. Even if it has to be there, the basis should be economic and individual case merit - not on caste.
    This thing will always keep the society divided (specially the rural and semi urban populace). No politicians would want to change this situation. Why would they ?

Oh by the way, manifesto is pretty interesting and they've again mixed monolithic religions with caste !! .. deliberate ??

Regards,
    Virendra