LCA V JF17 Picture Comparison.. Which one 'looks' better

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Proof-

Indian Air Force will soon have its first base at Sulur in Tamil Nadu along with a squadron of combat jets . The base will protect strategic installations and maintain Indian air superiority over the Indian Ocean.

Work is rapidly being completed at Sulur on an extended runway, control system, avionics, radar, special hangars and modern radio and navigation aids. These facilities are being built for IAF fighter jets.

Indigenous Tejas fighters will be first to be deployed at Sulur base. These fighters will be inducted in December 2010. Its range can be extended with mid-air refuelling to 1,000 km for enhanced security cover.

ASIAN DEFENCE: Indian Air Force to Deploy its LCA Tejas fighters at its New Air-Base

neo29

Jf -17 looks more like an f-16 copy. With chinese parts the quality will be much less than Tejas. No wonder they are cheap. I wonder if they are even 4th gen fighters.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Jf -17 looks more like an f-16 copy. With chinese parts the quality will be much less than Tejas. No wonder they are cheap. I wonder if they are even 4th gen fighters.
No, JF-17 is not a copy of the F-16. It is a copy of the Romanian IAR-95. The Chinese aquired the blueprints of the aircraft back in the 90s.

IAR-95

Rahul92

My money on tejas lac some of these r even used with israel radars

Rama

India must concentrate in creating its production facilities quickly for LCA and not waste time debating anymore. LCA is definitely superior to JF 17 and is capable of handling the J 10. The production run of 40 numbers per year would change India strategic environment.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Both of the new Chinese fighters look gangly. The lines aren't clean and the bodies are too long. They also have ugly noses.

Mustang

From avionics and material composition P.O.V, LCA is better than JF17. But I am not sure in terms of manaoverability as LCA is currently under-powered.

F-16 latest blocks must be easily superior to LCA.

And LCA was designed keeping clearly initial and operational costs in mind. The very idea / meaning of "Light Combat Aircraft" was to develop an aircraft which consumes less fuel.

Mustang

Sorry..didnt read the topic. It was about looks.:happy_2:...

LCA looks very good in some manauvers. Even JF-17 looks good in some manoevers. But I will give LCA more points for its looks.

Rahul92

I Don't understand Y other countries are buying JF-17 i think we should also insist other countries abt tejas to purchase them

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
No one has bought JF-17 yet. And there is no talk of buying yet, only joint production or something like that. But then this thread is about which one between JF-17 and LCA Tejas looks beautiful.

SURB

Everything is done by China even missile test then what Pakistan has done??
LOL

Man it looks that you haven't seen the flag on the jet.Kindly see the video once more.

You'll get your answer in it.

Last edited:

smartindian

Country flag
LOL

Man it looks that you haven't seen the flag on the jet.Kindly see the video once more.

You'll get your answer in it.
painting job is done by the pakistan, it was only contribution from pakistan side in the JV lol

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles