LCA V JF17 Picture Comparison.. Which one 'looks' better

zolpidam

Rubbish thread , Both are not fashion robots , War will decide sexiness .

smartindian

Country flag
LoL i have something to say here,there is a profile picture analyzer on Facebook.I put both of your pics there just to have fun.:happy_2:

& the results were.

Thunder.

Beauty:31%
Sexy: 100%
Cool: 84%
Smart:5%

LCA

Beauty: 19%
Sexy: 21%
Cool: 86%
Smart:53%

(personally i don't agree.)

this war machine are made for fighting war, not to look sexy, in my opinion girls should look sexy not machine.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well ! i always found pure delta winged aircraft more handsome than the cropped delta winged one.And so far as the design is concerned i think the design which has a better technology and guts always looks better, personally and technically i found LCA always looking better than JF 17 thunder(which looks old).In plain colors too i like LCA which has muscles and guts as well to be declared better looking. So my vote goes to LCA. :happy_7:

vikramrana_1812

Country flag
The LCA is the smallest and the lightest light combat aircraft in world which the is indigenously designed by the India's ADA. It is planed to replace the aging Mig 21 series aircraft and be front line mulitmission single seat tactical aircraft. LCA features State of the art avionics and beyond the visual range system including advanced fly-by-wire system.
The JF 17 is a joint project between China and Pakistan and the plane features as a all weather multipurpose light fighter and the aircraft is features with up to date avionics with only medium range missiles, but is also capable of carrying air to air missiles.
Considering the Beyond Visual Range capability of the two fighters, the LCA beats the JF 17 by a light year mainly because Pakistan is used to getting the job done with Sparrows and JF 17 is only equiped with SD 10s. LCA is equipped to carry all the next generation missiles that the SU 30mki carries along with the capability of carrying several advanced BVR missiles like AA-10 Alamo, AA-12 Adder, MICA and maybe even Derby. But the main component is the India's own Indigenous BVR missile, Astra.
Moving on to good old dogfighting. To compare between the two on dogfighting criteria it is a little bit shaky. LCA has delta wings and no tailplanes; considering this fact LCA is more agile and maneuverable.
FC 1 will be equipped with AIM-9x and Sidewinder missiles. On the contrary LCA will be equipped AA-11 Archer, AIM-9p and with the extremely lethal Israeli Python 4 and 5.
We clearly have winner in Avionics

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
According to this figure J-F 17 is even inferior to F-16 which clearly displays its capability to take over Tejas.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
fighter jets are not showcase items ....what role beauty plays in a war ...:emot158:
actually the thread starter what to come pare airframes and design but i can see this as lca and jf-17 photo thread :funny_2:
This is what we call a beauty contest. C`mon eagleone, i think that this thread is not meant for war discussions but just to show the beauty and finishing of aircrafts because we all know about their features but we rarely find their galleries. So here we have one. Enjoy.

EagleOne

This is what we call a beauty contest. C`mon eagleone, i think that this thread is not meant for war discussions but just to show the beauty and finishing of aircrafts because we all know about their features but we rarely find their galleries. So here we have one. Enjoy.
sure that why i deleted it ..i will be joining u :emot180:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
LCA by a mile...jf17 looks like 60's plane and i bet functions like one too.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Are you sure our Tejas is superior to F-16??
First of all consider this that LCA is a "Light Combat Aircraft" which means that it is only and only dedicated to dogfights and surveillance so dont compare compare Tejas with other fighters in terms of their payload as a bomber. Moreover we know F-16 as a leader because of its glorious past and currently Tejas is an upcoming star.

If F-16 would have been better than Tejas the why it would have been rejected from MMRCA and why this LCA Tejas would have been selected by the IAF to be inducted into its squadrons. Wait for some time and we will see in future versions of Tejas that how LCA is the father of F-16.

LCA is selected by the IAF because it matches all the requirements perfectly as expected by its manufacturers including its operational capability in the high altitudes of The Great Himalayas.

Welcome

Country flag
^^^ i think LCA has no mid air refueling capability..............

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles