LCA Tejas vs JF-17 Thunder

pankaj nema

Country flag
Guys I dont know how many of you guys read the "ENEMY 'S " Defence forum.

But I do. These days they are weeping buckets .They say that PAF has been " HAD". PAF is stupid and corrupt ( their words NOT MINE )
They should have bought Gripens .etc etc .
EVERY little development of LCA like LSP 3 LSP 4 , Hot weather trials , MMR radar (ELTA makes them jealous) CMDS , RWR, composite materials etc is analysed by them and is like a KNIFE IN THEIR CHEST.

They are lamenting a lot about JF 17 so we can infer that even the LCA Mk 1 is better .And LCA mk 2
will kill them with JEALOUSY.

SHASH2K2

Guys I dont know how many of you guys read the "ENEMY 'S " Defence forum.

But I do. These days they are weeping buckets .They say that PAF has been " HAD". PAF is stupid and corrupt ( their words NOT MINE )
They should have bought Gripens .etc etc .
EVERY little development of LCA like LSP 3 LSP 4 , Hot weather trials , MMR radar (ELTA makes them jealous) CMDS , RWR, composite materials etc is analysed by them and is like a KNIFE IN THEIR CHEST.

They are lamenting a lot about JF 17 so we can infer that even the LCA Mk 1 is better .And LCA mk 2
will kill them with JEALOUSY.
I am sure that we all visit pakistani forums. In same forums you will find some guys will prove it to you that JF17 is greatest plane ever built. We all know what truth it. But we shouldnt be complacent and take our opponents lightly.
You will hardly find any flame baits to prove any technical issue . We all know what our strengths are and we are just trying to share or diversify our knowledge.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
@Pamkaj nerma: Surprised! How come and when they become so un-biased and intelligent?

About JF-17, I think that they probably realized that decision to make JF-17 backbone of PAF was a disastrous decision against IAF which is going to induct FGFA by 2017-18.

Last i read, they were absolutely clueless about countering FGFA...

SHASH2K2

@Pamkaj nerma: Surprised! How come and when they become so un-biased and intelligent?

About JF-17, I think that they probably realized that decision to make JF-17 backbone of PAF was a disastrous decision against IAF which is going to induct FGFA by 2017-18.

Even china is clueless about it. when daddy do not know the trick how would son know it?

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Even china is clueless about it. when daddy do not know the trick how would son know it?
There are some who will bet on PRC's J-XX for threat neutralization considering this euphoria as a truth. But there are also some truth loving people who **ss their pants asking "can PAF buy a fighter in number which will cost no less than 100 million per example".

By financing and supporting JF-17 and terrorism pakistan brought itself into real mess...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

The mistake of PAF was not in buying JF-17, but not making sure they had access to Western avionics before they made the deal. Without Thales, JF-17 is little better than the F-7s they are replacing.

SHASH2K2

The mistake of PAF was not in buying JF-17, but not making sure they had access to Western avionics before they made the deal. Without Thales, JF-17 is little better than the F-7s they are replacing.
I think India played a nice game by forcing french not to sell avionics and weapons for JF 17 .

Rahul Singh

Country flag
I think situation is two fold, in addition to pressure(or whatever is the suitable word) the poor economic condition of pakistan also played a big role. Correct me if i'm wrong but westernization of JF-17 will cost same as to upgradation of IAF Mirages and overall cost of upgradation of IAF Mirage is luxurious even to India.

SHASH2K2

I think situation is two fold, in addition to pressure(or whatever is the suitable word) the poor economic condition of pakistan also played a big role. Correct me if i'm wrong but westernization of JF-17 will cost same as to upgradation of IAF Mirages and overall cost of upgradation of IAF Mirage is luxurious even to India.
You are right . I think upgrade of Mirage is costlier than JF17.
also french are looking for future orders as well.

prabhug

Hi all
did anybody watch the game between euro fighter and LM on the issue of fixing generations to aircraft ?

cheers
Prabhu.g

pavanvenkatesh

Exactly how many mirage a/c's are we upgrading all the mirage squadrans or just some of them

SHASH2K2

Exactly how many mirage a/c's are we upgrading all the mirage squadrans or just some of them
India is set to sign a $2.2-billion deal with France to upgrade its fleet of Mirage 2000 fighters ahead of an expected visit by President Nicolas Sarkozy later this year.

The upgrade deal, which had been hanging fire for the past two years due to differences over the price, is likely to be concluded shortly after final negotiations, top Defence Ministry sources said.

The upgrade, which will give the aircraft new radar systems, a new weapon suite, missiles, electronic warfare system and modern electronic warfare, is crucial for the India Air Force as it would also give its most potent fighter an extension in service life. The deal will upgrade 51of the fighters in the IAF's inventory which proved their mettle during the Kargil war by delivering precision-guided bombs.

Air Chief Marshal P V Naik has said that a team will shortly be arriving from Paris to carry out the commercial negotiations. However, top Defence ministry sources said that the deal will finally be inked to coincide with Sarkozy's visit, dates for which are still to be finalised.

Patriot

Country flag
"LCA Far Ahead Of JF-17 In Contemporary Technology": IAF Western Commander

The Indian Air Force's Western Air Commander, Air Marshal NAK Browne, whose area of responsibility includes the northern sector with Pakistan, indicated today that the PAF JF-17 was inferior to the yet to be inducted Indian Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas. "The LCA is ahead of the JF-17 in terms of contemporary technology. It will achieve final operational capability by the end of next year. The airplane is our design, uses our software, and is fully under our control. I'm not sure what in the JF-17 is under the PAF's control. What do you do if you don't have access to codes," he said.

Air Marshal Browne, a seasoned SEPECAT Jaguar pilot who has extensive experience on virtually every variant of the MiG-21 as well, was asked today if he was apprehensive that the F-16 -- a contender in the MMRCA competition -- was the principal air defence platform of the Pakistan Air Force. He replied, "The configuration of the F-16 on offer to the IAF is substantially different from what has been made available to the Pakistanis".

In an interaction with reporters ahead of India's 78th Air Force Day, Air Marshal Brown -- positioned to take over as Chief of Air Staff in July next year -- said, "We are aware of the new F-16 inductions by the PAF. We have a sense of what's happening. The new F-16s they have and are getting are certainly a challenge."

"The assymetry between the capabilities of both air forces was a certain amount in the past. That has somewhat reduced now. The PAF is going in for a fast-track induction of beyond visual range air to air missiles (BVRAAMs) and precision guided munitions (PGMs). These are things that actually tend to reduce the gap," the officer said.

"But they won't catch us up," he added.

http://livefist.blogspot.com/2010/10/lca-far-ahead-of-jf-17-in-contemporary.html

Last edited:

pmaitra

Yeah that was termed as MiG-33 but not the project 33, MiG names the project as 1.XX
Why are we even arguing about MiG-33 or Project-33 or whatever it could possibly be? The Soviets and now the Russians have a policy to designate their projects with different numbers and names and sometimes the same name is given to different projects. This is done with the objective to confuse potential adversaries and spies. Confusing nomenclature of projects is a standard and old Soviet/Russian policy.

Hence, let us chill out guys!

chex3009

Country flag
Primary reasons of JF-17 being cheap is that the airframe is of semi-monocoque structure, constructed primarily of aluminium alloys, although plans are in place to reduce weight by increasing the use of composite materials. High strength steel and titanium alloys are partially adopted in some critical areas. The airframe is designed for a service life of 4,000 flight hours, or 25 years, the first overhaul being due at 1,200 flight hours.

While LCA costs more due to aluminium-lithium alloys, carbon-fibre composites (C-FC), and titanium-alloy steels. The Tejas employs C-FC materials for up to 45% of its airframe by weight, including in the fuselage (doors and skins), wings (skin, spars and ribs), elevons, tailfin, rudder, air brakes and landing gear doors. Composites are used to make an aircraft both lighter and stronger at the same time compared to an all-metal design, and the LCA's percentage employment of C-FCs is one of the highest among contemporary aircraft of its class. Apart from making the plane much lighter, there are also fewer joints or rivets, which increases the aircraft's reliability and lowers its susceptibility to structural fatigue cracks.

SHASH2K2

come on he is just a politician after all & not a technical person.
Politicians are biggest liars and the will be the last ones to accept the truth. SO I assume when he accepts that JF17 is inferior then its final.

Agnostic_Indian

Country flag
They don't have any other options other than jf17 and that is a good choice for then for them. They can improve its body with composites and can get good radar and weapons from china..once it is done i think it can come closer to lca. To counter fgfa they will have to waite for chinese 5gen fighter which they may introduce After 3-5 years time(pro type). If they have cash in hand pak can go for it.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles