Last chance for Philippines

Discussion in 'China' started by W.G.Ewald, Apr 10, 2012.

1. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

CHINA: The Philippines Is Facing Its 'Last Chance' Over Territory Dispute - Business Insider

pmaitra likes this.
  3. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Thundering clouds have not brought rain yet. Any idea when they will shut up and back their words with ultimate deed?

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I am waiting for PRC to start playing favourites and getting these smaller littoral states to quarrel with each other.

5. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

Fighting words... I wonder how it taste if swallowed...?

6. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Hardly. The problem here for the Reds is that all these states have COMMON problems with China's claims and aggression. So there's no way they could favor any one of them without actually accepting that they're transgressing into territory that's not theirs. CCP is now stuck between a rock and a hard place. :D

Philippines and Vietnam actually started joint patrols of SCS region. Though they're not best of allies, both share same concerns. Considering Vietnam has experienced the "peace" that China emanates and given back in the same kind, Philippines would prefer relying on them rather than buy into the Reds' words.

7. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

China has already been working on this. Cambodia is the closest to China inside ASEAN.

Cambodia denies Asean rift over sea disputes with China | Inquirer Global Nation

8. GromHellscream

GromHellscream Regular Member

That's still the individual opinion of General Luo, at least there is no official phrase "勿谓言之不预" mentioned there.:rolleyes:

9. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Do you think an individual in uniform will make a comment in an important matter as SCC ? Your so called parliament is full of Army chaps controlling your foreign, domestic and defense policies. At the end of the day they will will your country in hellhole. No nation in the history of the world with military Generals at the helm have had positive end. Germany, Russia, Iraq, Libya, Italy(2nd WW) Spain, Portugal, Yugoslavia and several South American Countries are the example of the past one hundred years. So bring a new revolution and throw out the Army brass from parliament and stay with in your international geographic boundary.

10. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

It is in the interest of PRC to keep the opposition divided. I hope India and US play a major role to keeping up one single united front against PRC's claims on South China Sea.

11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

This is great.

They have also told Russia to stay away from the South China Sea.

I think they are wanting to test their new weapons!

12. s002wjh

s002wjh Senior Member Senior Member

i can see US involvement, but india, i doubt it, no benefit at all, and just piss of china. china will just hurt india on other issues. i mean whats the gain by helping phillipine or vietanam.

13. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

You are right, India does not have the balls to sort its own issues, we should not try to piss China off. Oh, wait, China is India's main issue.

14. Ray

I believe it is freezing in Manila, because all must be shivering given this threat.

Last chance!

Oh wow!

15. s002wjh

s002wjh Senior Member Senior Member

again if india has significant gain from helping vietnam, phillipine then sure. its the same reason why europe will stay out of SCS issues, other than mouth bashing. if india help vietanm/phillipine, does india get any free oil from SCS, establish base in vietnam or phillpine? so whats the point of picking a bolder and hit your own feet. not only india won't gain anything, china will try to hurt india on many other issues. not a good business deal here.

16. Ray

India will help any one to extract resources out of the sea.

It is obvious that they are doing for commercial interest and not to challenge any Nation.