Lanzhou Military Zone, intensive training at the beginning of the year

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

The 12.7 mm Type 89 heavy machine guns pack a formidable suppressing power.

Every soldier is required to learn how to operate a 82 motar

anti tank rocket launcher

More and more tricycles were replaced with assault atvs, but this tradition is still kept to train soldiers driving skills

drills of battle tactics

Reassemble a Tyoe 95 rifle under simulated real combat environment

this is not a UN peace keeper, the helmet is painted in blue to represent blue army.

Joint exercise with fire fighters and emergency workers.

JBH22

Re: Lanzhou Military Zone, intensive training at the beginning of the

The 12.7 mm Type 89 heavy machine guns pack a formidable suppressing power.
I'm jealous any idea how many HMG are distributed in a battalion?

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

I'm jealous any idea how many HMG are distributed in a battalion?
Depends on battalion functions, actually, these guns are mostly mounted on vehicles, LanZhou military zone faced by the increasingly serious anti-terrorism missions, Each battalion in its military zone has a machine gun company, each machine gun company has 8-10 carried-on HMG and 6-10 anti-aricraft guns, but again, it just hold true for regular infantry. There are more armored mechanical troops that has such a HMG mounted on their vehicles, it is hard to count.

JBH22

Depends on battalion functions, actually, these guns are mostly mounted on vehicles, LanZhou military zone faced by the increasingly serious anti-terrorism missions, Each battalion in its military zone has a machine gun company, each machine gun company has 8-10 carried-on HMG and 6-10 anti-aricraft guns, but again, it just hold true for regular infantry. There are more armored mechanical troops that has such a HMG mounted on their vehicles, it is hard to count.
So I believe for a Battalion of say 900 soldiers 8-10 HMG that is approximately 1 HMG for each company.not bad if you ask me I don't think in IA we are even close to that number.

cinoti

Tihar Jail
Banned

So I believe for a Battalion of say 900 soldiers 8-10 HMG that is approximately 1 HMG for each company.not bad if you ask me I don't think in IA we are even close to that number.
Yeah, for regular infantry troops, that is pretty much the count.

shiphone

Country flag

it's a Type85 12.7 mm AA MG.. not Type89

cir

For your information,a Chinese infantry battalion has some 300 combat soldiers,plus about 200 officers、support and logistic personnels etc。

It used to have only 400 or so personnels。

Don't compare Chinese battalion,regiment、division etc with equivalent American or British units,the latters are roughly twice the size in numbers。

Last edited:

JBH22

For your information,a Chinese infantry battalion has some 300 combat soldiers,plus about 200 officers、support and logistic personnels etc。

It used to have only 400 or so personnels。

Don't compare Chinese battalion,regiment、division etc with equivalent American or British units,the latters are roughly twice the size in numbers。
If you read my quote i mentioned "say 900 personel" btw are you giving the correct figures 200officers for 300 soldiers,

cir

If you read my quote i mentioned "say 900 personel" btw are you giving the correct figures 200officers for 300 soldiers,
not 200 officers,some offciers,some staff memers,some technicians,some logistic personnels etc。etc。

In short,a Chinese battalion is much smaller than an American battalion,or an Indian battalion for that matter。

A Western or Nato battalion is close to a Chinese regiment in manpower。

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles