Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in col

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Re: Lankan forces photographed killing 12-yr-old son of LTTE leader in

Cold hard facts:

1. Killing of this kid and civilians is condenable but exterminating LTTE should be applauded by every Indian citizen.

2. On the human moral ground India should vote against sri lanka and on the national interest front it should not vote against.

3. No one can make the sinhalese accomodate the lankan tamils unless you go in guns blazing and subjugate them instead.

4. Lankan tamils will never get justice for the past acts and wont get into the mainstream in the future because of Indian tamils.

5. India will dilly daddle with its national interest in one hand and tamil nadu in another meanwhile the 3rd parties will milk the situation against India.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Again, does everything start and end with LTTE? LTTE was one part of the whole problem. but as far as I know,the story goes long back decades before LTTE was even born, and now LTTE is finished.

Social problems and resulting riots is one thing, but a state legalizing and implementing an apartheid system is another level, even Pakistan never had such blatant apartheid system that Sri Lanka had. And riots in srilanka were more like one sided pogroms.

Disclaimer: LTTE was a terrorist organization.
I agree LTTE did biggest harm to the cause of Srilankan Tamils. I think Tamils are perceived to be (not entirely incorrectly) bit filmy dramebaz and sinhalese peaceful buddhists so most people think it all must be fault of tamils without knowing history. At least I used to think so till I bothered to do little Google search.
South Africa had worse system of Apartheid and it was resolved. Please accept the fact that the LTTE effed it up in SL. Whatever little chance was there of reconciliation was "blown away", literally!

It's one think to demand the rights for equal citizenship and another to fight a war including use of air and navy and women and children to carve out a separate state. LTTE is responsible for what happened in SL after the defeat. They had left so much bad blood and taste that the Sinhalas left their humanity behind. Well not absolving the Lankans of war crimes but LTTE just had done too much damage. It's like how if someone did harm your family and you I'm return want to cut the chap who did it into pieces if you find him kinda thing.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

In war there are always war crimes. Its like expecting no crime to exist in a peaceful society. Even the Americans had their fair share of blame in Iraq and were pulled up for it.
Good nations admit to it, investigate but rouge states don't.

It is wrong to assume the Bangladesh case is the same as Sri Lanka.
Why not ? Mukti bahini would have done same to you if you would have supported West Pakistani crack down by sending your own army. But you did excatly opposite.

Our "pretext" for war was the refugee influx, which was quite significant. But people forget that there were greater interests playing too, more related to national security and interests. Sri Lanka is of no interest to us at the same level.
Then Sri Lankan Tamil would have needed extra ordinary support because they do not have natural borders with us. Influx of refuges was absorbed within their own borders which then lead to massive atrocities committed against them by Sinhala army UNO is crying about.

If you are expecting an Indian intervention on the same basis, then you are just a child who knows not the ways of countries.
Emotional decisions are not made when it comes to foreign policy. A feeling of an emotional decision is merely shown to the public as an excuse.
Either you preach me lessons of Realpolitik or make it clear your will restrain your self not to preach me rationality based on morality. I understand both BTW.

Emotional issue are made out of no where, it is the govt. in power to endorse policies and actions bases on any issue they think is worth an excuse. For some nations refugee crisis is an excuse to go for the war, some nations just soak the same refugees for 10s of years, at times forever.

India is playing the part it is supposed to play. Mute cow, of course, its not our problem. It is UNOs job to proactively hunt down human rights abusers. They are doing their job and we are doing ours.
Crack down of east Pakistanis was not our problem as well. UNO need mandate to hunt down and then support on the ground to do such action, not mere the lip service by some bureaucrat from a nation which would chicken out at acute need of tactical and logistical assistance.

Its like all the idiots who want the Army to interfere in the Naxal situation without knowing that they shouldn't be allowed to. It will give them far too much legal powers in all the states affected which would be constitutionally wrong, especially when the police is equipped to handle the situation.
There are no red lines drawn on security Issues, It is those idiots who think in 'never' and 'ever'. If Army will be required they must be used. One has to see the whole issue in a good blogger's capacity (given an opportunity) to analyse all the aspects with best of his knowledge wrong or right instead pretend a foot solider of govt. in power, especially when there are many instances the Govt. in power has screwed the nation big time.

Next someone will say the Army needs to be sent to Australia to protect Indians from being beaten up. As a matter of fact, India will be more justified to send troops to Australia than to Sri Lanka.
People those who understand logistics nor ask these question neither preempt these stupid scenarios.

It was much more complex than that.
Death of one solider is as complex as of many in one expedition. All you need is to investigate, which never happened.

The small amount of human rights abuses in no way gives us a pretext of invading Lanka. It is not in out interest to do so either, because it would mean a lot of other problems with other countries.
Don't give clean Chit to SL, many stories are yet to come out only it is we Indian been deprived of the real information because of Congres-I blocking it or SL is yet to cooperate with independent agencies.

Invading SL is one option always at the bay, there can be no better opportunity than having USA and UNO lambasting them unanimously.

Last edited:

Raj30

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/265426[/video]

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

CHENNAI: Pictures of 12-year-old Balachandran, son of LTTE leader Velupillai Prabhakaran, detained in an army bunker before he was shot dead in cold blood, have revved up the pro-Eelam rhetoric in Tamil Nadu and can potentially create complications for UPA government.

With the US all set to move another resolution before the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) on March 15, the UPA government at the Centre would be under intense pressure to vote in its favour and do a rethink on its diplomatic relations with Sri Lanka.

India, which has historically refrained from voting against resolutions targeting individual countries, had succumbed to the anti-Sri Lanka chorus from Tamil Nadu to deviate from its stance. This earned the country the fury of Sri Lanka which has never tired of emphasizing that the fight against LTTE stemmed from the same concern for territorial integrity which New Delhi summons in the case of J&K. It has also reminded India that LTTE was responsible for the cold-blooded killing of former PM Rajiv Gandhi.

Sri Lanka's anger has raised doubts whether India will vote against the island nation yet again at the UNHRC. However, it will have to contend with renewed pressure from its long-time alliance partner, the DMK, as well as from other political parties in the state, including the ruling AIADMK, to take a tough stand against the Sri Lankan government for war crimes in view of the Channel 4 documentary.

The shocking photographs of the bullet-ridden body of Prabhakaran's son could put the Centre in a spot by crimping its elbow space. Political parties in the state are likely to step up pressure on the UPA government and point out that its stand on the Sri Lankan issue is likely to influence the international community.

DMK organizing secretary and MP T K S Elangovan said the pictures were yet another proof that Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa was "a war criminal". He said, "Rajapaksa should be produced before the International Court of Justice. We insist that India vote against Sri Lanka at the UNHRC meet in Geneva."

In recent months, the DMK's pro-Eelam stand has got more strident with the party announcing a meeting of the Tamil Eelam Supporters' Organisation (Teso) in New Delhi on March 7.

"Kalaignar (Karunanidhi) was very upset when he saw the pictures of Prabhakaran's son. He will put pressure on the Centre to vote against the Sri Lankan government," said a senior DMK leader. "We will try to create a consensus at Teso's Delhi meeting," he added.

Hectic preparations are on for the Teso meeting which could bring the Sri Lanka issue under the national spotlight. By holding the meeting in the capital, the DMK hopes to whip up sentiments on a wider platform. The party claims that at least 35 national political parties, including the Congress, the BJP and the CPM will attend the meeting. "The idea is to influence national leaders to raise the issue in Parliament during the budget session. Amnesty International and other human rights groups will also participate in the meeting," said the DMK leader.

Chief minister J Jayalalithaa recently demanded that the Congress-led UPA government move a resolution before the UNHRC to impose economic sanctions against the Sri Lankan government until a political solution is reached in the island nation. Last year, the US resolution was backed by India, after intense pressure from the DMK.

Party treasurer M K Stalin and DMK parliamentary party leader T R Baalu met United Nations deputy general secretary Jan Eliasson and United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Navaneetham Pillai and handed over resolutions passed at the Teso meetings held in Tamil Nadu.

TN parties to step up pressure on Centre - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

On the killing of Indian Tamil fishermen, I have repeatedly told in the last as well, thy are paying te price for LTTEs deeds. The bad blood has turned Lankans against all Tamils particularly because TN political parties have in no uncertain terms supported the break up of SL.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian

Well, reading into the thread and after gauging the emotions associated with this topic, I would actually break my response into 3 replies.

1. Killing of Prabhakaran's son - LTTE was a terrorist organization which used women and children for their violence. However, the SL Army is not deemed to be a terrorist organization but a regular uniformed army. So even if LTTE has used women and children in the past, one cannot justify the killing of a 12 year old unarmed boy in custody of the army. If by chance, IA gets their hands on Hafeez Sayeed and family, I doubt IA will kill Hafeez Sayeed let alone his 10-12 year old kid. That is the difference between a professional army and an army run by the emotion of hatred.

2. Tamil Support for LTTE/Eelam - Although SL Tamils are Tamils, this does not mean that they are Indian citizen. The problems between Tamils and Sinhalese is a domestic problem of SL and we should stay away from it just for this reason. In such domestic problems, we have seen many stalwarts triumph through non-violence (Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, et al). I cannot recall violence leading to reforms in society anywhere in the past. Violence breeds violence and hatred breeds hatred.

3. Equating Bangladesh with SL - we cannot equate BD with SL because a) BD was part of India before partition, b) It served the strategic objective of negating Pakistan's advantage of having 2 fronts and c) majority of Bangladesh wanted to freedom and to disassociate themselves from Pakistan.
In SL, even if minority Tamils have a separate state in the north, what purpose will it solve? The majority there is Sinhalese. There will still be bloodshed and hatred all over again. Moreover, the Tamils living, staying and normal lives in other parts of SL will be persecuted.

Based on above 3 points, I would conclude that the process has to be political and non violent. Also, India should be working on getting the SL regime to the War Crimes Tribunal.

hit&run

Mod

3. Equating Bangladesh with SL - we cannot equate BD with SL because a) BD was part of India before partition, b) It served the strategic objective of negating Pakistan's advantage of having 2 fronts and c) majority of Bangladesh wanted to freedom and to disassociate themselves from Pakistan.
In SL, even if minority Tamils have a separate state in the north, what purpose will it solve? The majority there is Sinhalese. There will still be bloodshed and hatred all over again. Moreover, the Tamils living, staying and normal lives in other parts of SL will be persecuted.

Based on above 3 points, I would conclude that the process has to be political and non violent. Also, India should be working on getting the SL regime to the War Crimes Tribunal.
No one is saying that invading east Pakistan was a bad move.

Strategic objectives change with time.

Now you have bigger enemy making inroad into SL i.e. China. More dangerous than having east Pakistan as your neighbour. Your IOR is already under check and sniff.

I have no problem with your bold line.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

No one is saying that invading east Pakistan was a bad move.

Now you have bigger enemy making inroad into SL i.e. China. More dangerous than having east Pakistan as your neighbour. Your IOR is already under check and sniff.

I have no problem with your bold line.
If our policy was right and not influenced by domestic compulsions, China would not have made in roads there.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian

Then we should also invade Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Maldives along with SL.

hit&run

Mod

If our policy was right and not influenced by domestic compulsions, China would not have made in roads there.
They would have done even before if there was no civil war in SL.

Iamanidiot

Given your anti-Brahmin and anti-everything-but-you venom, I think that piece of advice best applies to you.

:truestory:
Iamanidiot @pmaitra you forgot that

Last edited by a moderator:

Iamanidiot

Indian Tamils have contributed a major part in the misery of SL Tamils.Where were they when Prabhakaran was blowing up SL civilians left-right and center.They supporting Prabhakaran acts against Civilians made life difficult for Indian negotiators.The Buddhist monks on the lankan side are another bunch of morons.

This cycle of violence happened 4 times in the last 3000 years we need to search for a solution for this

hit&run

Mod

Then we should also invade Nepal, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Maldives along with SL.
This is your perception not mine.

If there was one hyper power dictating the regional security calculus you were to be vigilant now there are two powers it means something is seriously wrong with your planning

I call all of them naive who think Chinese expansion in IOR was waiting for traction between India and SL.

If West is pulling SL then it means something more sinister is going on in SL and one must not doubt wisdom of these people who are ready to get into bad books of SL. Or if west is an equal evil then I am happy to see them preparing for future for their own interest vis a vis presence of China in IOR which will undermine them in future. India on the other hand will remain a mediocre, timid on 'Bhagwan ke saharey' banana republic, good, jolly good.

Indians should give it a thought that congress-I as party subservient of Gandhi family has personal vendetta against SL tamils and this acting sane is a bullshit.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

They would have done even before if there was no civil war in SL.
Obviously I will beg to differ on this. If India didn't have the domestic compulsion of Indian Tamils interfering, India would have while heartedly supplied the Lankans and routed the LTTE long back.

When India stopped, China and Pak stepped in.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

This is your perception not mine.

If there was one hyper power dictating the regional security calculus you were to be vigilant now there are two powers it means something is seriously wrong with your planning

I call all of them naive who think Chinese expansion in IOR was waiting for traction between India and SL.

If West is pulling SL then it means something more sinister is going on in SL and one must not doubt wisdom of these people who are ready to get into bad books of SL. Or if west is an equal evil then I am happy to see them preparing for future for their own interest vis a vis presence of China in IOR which will undermine them in future. India on the other hand will remain a mediocre, timid on 'Bhagwan ke saharey' banana republic, good, jolly good.

Indians should give it a thought that congress-I as party subservient of Gandhi family has personal vendetta against SL tamils and this acting sane is a bullshit.
The Chinese were certainly not waiting for Indi Lankan faction but it did give them an easy opening. Lankans were re than willing to accommodate China to snub India big time.

hit&run

Mod

Obviously I will beg to differ on this. If India didn't have the domestic compulsion of Indian Tamils interfering, India would have while heartedly supplied the Lankans and routed the LTTE long back.

When India stopped, China and Pak stepped in.
India was never so accommodating in its history it was at the same time when they let China and Pakistan make inroads. If it wasn't of Indian blocking seas the LTTE wouldn't have been eliminated. After when LTTE was defeated and they started genocide of Tamils even at that time India uttered not even a single world.

What do you want India to do to please SL ? Put its pant down and bend forward with bums towards Indian ocean ?

Heck it took China 10 years to take over Pakistani port and here you are talking about Chinese mission treated like 'brother in Law' in Colombo just after when civil war ended.

Last edited:

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned

Race? lol.
Don't act like a genius , in tamil the word called inam which denotes group of particular things in common among people such equal word is not available in english. Thus we using the word race to identify our community don't confuse it with other races like Caucasian, mongoloid etc.

Neuro

Tihar Jail
Banned

Are you a born idiot or became one in the two long years you have lived for?

Do you know what war is? Crimes were committed by both sides, not just one side.

Don't give a hopelessly one sided view of things when you don't know anything.

Rajiv Gandhi was assassinated because the LTTE is a terrorist organization and have always targeted civilians since the beginning.

Both sides simply flared up the issue and tried to one up each other since the 60s.

Yes, soldiers were beheaded by a country which is an enemy. They crossed the border to do that while we had ceasefire agreements.

TN's fishermen have knowingly crossed maritime boundaries and were killed in the process.

Do you even know how the boundary system works? Do you even know why countries go to war against each other over boundary issues.

You say 450 fishermen were killed etc etc. But where did you pull out the magic number from? Official numbers killed is currently less than 100 dead from 1991 to 2011, all verified. The other 350 must be ones who simply didn't return home from storm and other accidents at sea. So even missing people are added to the death count in TN. Sure, there is no concrete way of knowing and the actual numbers. There is a chance a single boat was caught by the Navy and the crew killed. But there is also a chance the boat capsized and didn't return. The crew may have died in the process. Heck there could be so many cases of intentional killing as well. Take a guy on a boat, dress him up like a fisherman, shoot him, set him adrift in the sea, found by other fishermen, blame SL Navy, murderers are scot-free. Do one every week and you have 52 in a year already. Heck we don't even know how many are actually smugglers who killed each other. So what are you all doing there, simply adding numbers like little kids without knowing or checking anything?

Obviously most of it is political propaganda. And people like you fall for it. You just saw some random number posted on the internet and believed it, that's because you are indeed a damn fool.

Indian fishermen are being killed by the SL Navy because the fishermen are crossing a maritime border. Because they carry GPS and they know their exact location, the SL Navy can back it up with actual information that can be used in courts. Our fishermen don't have GPS equipment or transponders, they will knowingly or unknowingly cross this invisible line and are killed in the process. It is, oh, so obvious that the fault lies with the TN government for not providing GPS transponders on all boats and also many of the fish merchants who can afford GPS devices but don't provide it to fishermen to save costs. I think some of this is changing now. So we can hope for better things in the future.

Also, the numbers killed does not justify applying any kind of pressure by India on Sri Lanka that you are insisting on.

These are the "official" figures for border deaths between 1991 and 2011 in India. 20 years.
85 fishermen killed by Sri Lanka in 10 years: Govt - Times Of India

For the sake of discussion, let's assume 450 fishermen died of various causes, including shot by the Navy and let's have a look at a place that sees a similar situation. The US-Mexico border.

These are the "official" figures for border deaths in the US between 1998 and 2004. 6 years.
National Briefing - Southwest - New Mexico - A Mass For Border Crossers - NYTimes.com

Note that the Mexicans, Central American countries and the US have never been in a state of war to affect these deaths. OTOH, Sri Lanka is a country at war and hence their military will have been allowed a legal and more liberal use of force compared to the US border patrol.

Of course, they were all not shot by the police. Mostly natural deaths, followed by accidents and then followed by police action.

Also, note the police are trained to talk first and shoot later, unlike the military.

So, shut the fark up and let the central govt handle the fishermen issue in a proper diplomatic manner.

Don't get emotional about everything.

Where did you get this nonsense from? We are in the 21st century, not in the 10th century. You've been fed so much nonsense that you sound exactly like the camel riding donkeys from the west. Replace TAMILS with MUSLIMS and you have the monkeys from the west. You wanna be like them, be my guest.

Tamils and Tamil history doesn't need your protection. The Union of India will protect Tamils and Tamil history when threatened.

When a Tamil is in danger, Kannadigas, Telguites, Malayalees, Punjabis, Biharis, Bengalis etc will all unite to protect that Tamil. No issues there, this is said so by the constitution and will be carried out with full force. This was demonstrated to its full effect many times in the past, even in Sri Lanka. The only requirement is that this Tamil should be an Indian and not some random idiot from some random country who speaks the language.
Usually I won't argue with stupid like u, after we handed over Kachativu all shit happens wic asshole given that? if you cross the martime borders means they having rights to kill? how many Indian fisherman killed by our arch rival Pakistan? gets your facts corrent. So you justifying tat killing ok fine.....even I can justify Mumbai attack and Indian force atrocities in Kashmir and NE, don't try 2 open the pandora box. Mexicans? TN fisherhmern intention to capture fish for their survival not get the citizenship at SL.

Oh...malayalis , Kanadiga will protect us? first give water according to agreement then we talk about the rest. I am a tamilian for more 3500 yrs but I am Indian for just 64 yrs how long India union will survive? don't forget USSR can't hold its country together. Even after 1000 we people are Indians or not we don't know but we would identify our self as tamils forever . So its utmost important to protect our race at any cost. Unfortunately I argued with an idiot for so long sorry.....

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Usually I won't argue with stupid like u, after we handed over Kachativu all shit happens wic asshole given that? if you cross the martime borders means they having rights to kill? how many Indian fisherman killed by our arch rival Pakistan? gets your facts corrent. So you justifying tat killing ok fine.....even I can justify Mumbai attack and Indian force atrocities in Kashmir and NE, don't try 2 open the pandora box. Mexicans? TN fisherhmern intention to capture fish for their survival not get the citizenship at SL.

Oh...malayalis , Kanadiga will protect us? first give water according to agreement then we talk about the rest. I am a tamilian for more 3500 yrs but I am Indian for just 64 yrs how long India union will survive? don't forget USSR can't hold its country together. Even after 1000 we people are Indians or not we don't know but we would identify our self as tamils forever . So its utmost important to protect our race at any cost. Unfortunately I argued with an idiot for so long sorry.....

@KS @Mad Indian would you say the same? Been Tamil for 3500 years and Indian for 65?

Let me ask the Tamils here what comes first, language or nation? Which has a stronger bond for you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles