Kumbhakarna was a mechanical Robot?

josan420

Country flag
In Ramayana, Kumbhakarna is referred as Ravana's younger brother. But he was not a living being at all, but a Yantra (machine/robot) similar to a tank but in human form.
May be due to its high maintenance, it was made to sleep for a period of about six months and awakened only when need arises or when it has to be re-fuelled.

Sage Valmiki writes the thoughts of Brahma when he saw Kumbhakarna :

ध्रुवम् लोकविनाशाय पौलस्त्येनासि निर्मितः |
तस्मात्त्वमद्यप्रभृति मृतकल्पः शयिष्यसे || ६-६१-२४

Translation: It is sure that you were created by visravasa for the destroyal of people. On that account, you will be sleeping apparently dead from now onwards.

Here, he clearly uses the word निर्मित (nirmitaH), which means 'built/created'

When Kumbhakarna was approaching Vanara Army and crushing them under his toes, they started to runway in fear. Then Ravana's brother Vibhishana reveal the truth of Kumbhakarna to Rama and his army.

उच्यन्ताम् वानराः सर्वे यन्त्रमेतत्समुच्छ्रितम् |
इति विज्ञाय हरयो भविष्यन्तीह निर्भयाः || ६-६१-३३

Translation: Let all the monkeys be told that it is a kind of machine, advancing forward. By knowing this, they can become fearless by now.

But in same Ramayana, it was clearly stated that Kumbhakarna was married with Vajramala and had kumbh, nikumbh as sons. These sons were killed by Hanuman. So, Kumbhakarna must be an alive brother of Ravana, who had developed a robot and was using it himself in great wars. Therefore the Robot was named as Kumbhakarna. Kumbhakarna operated this Giant robot from its inside similar to AMP suit in Avatar movie.

Rama used Vayuvyastra (a wind forced missile) to cut-off Kumbhakarna's arm and then he hit arrows inside the mouth of the Robot and killed the brother of Ravana who was sitting inside. When Kumbhakarna was shot down by arrows of Rama, he died and the robot which had nobody to control it, fell into the sea.

Kumbhakarna was a mechanical Robot? | Mystery of india

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
In Ramayana, Kumbhakarna is referred as Ravana's younger brother. But he was not a living being at all, but a Yantra (machine/robot) similar to a tank but in human form.
May be due to its high maintenance, it was made to sleep for a period of about six months and awakened only when need arises or when it has to be re-fuelled.

Sage Valmiki writes the thoughts of Brahma when he saw Kumbhakarna :

ध्रुवम् लोकविनाशाय पौलस्त्येनासि निर्मितः |
तस्मात्त्वमद्यप्रभृति मृतकल्पः शयिष्यसे || ६-६१-२४

Translation: It is sure that you were created by visravasa for the destroyal of people. On that account, you will be sleeping apparently dead from now onwards.

Here, he clearly uses the word निर्मित (nirmitaH), which means 'built/created'

When Kumbhakarna was approaching Vanara Army and crushing them under his toes, they started to runway in fear. Then Ravana's brother Vibhishana reveal the truth of Kumbhakarna to Rama and his army.

उच्यन्ताम् वानराः सर्वे यन्त्रमेतत्समुच्छ्रितम् |
इति विज्ञाय हरयो भविष्यन्तीह निर्भयाः || ६-६१-३३

Translation: Let all the monkeys be told that it is a kind of machine, advancing forward. By knowing this, they can become fearless by now.

But in same Ramayana, it was clearly stated that Kumbhakarna was married with Vajramala and had kumbh, nikumbh as sons. These sons were killed by Hanuman. So, Kumbhakarna must be an alive brother of Ravana, who had developed a robot and was using it himself in great wars. Therefore the Robot was named as Kumbhakarna. Kumbhakarna operated this Giant robot from its inside similar to AMP suit in Avatar movie.

Rama used Vayuvyastra (a wind forced missile) to cut-off Kumbhakarna's arm and then he hit arrows inside the mouth of the Robot and killed the brother of Ravana who was sitting inside. When Kumbhakarna was shot down by arrows of Rama, he died and the robot which had nobody to control it, fell into the sea.

Kumbhakarna was a mechanical Robot? | Mystery of india
I am just speechless.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Anyway continue doing what you do.
:borat:

Eastman

Country flag
some mordern day kumbhakarnas "only" once the world is at par with ancient Indian technology in date....

Last edited by a moderator:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Kumbhkaran was a Transformer with a Vahan as mechanized T-Rex. :truestory:

Eastman

Country flag
@rock127 you mean Kumbhakarna was Optimus Prime :fkidding: but actually he was Megatron (the Bad guy) :accepted:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
@rock127 you mean Kumbhakarna was Optimus Prime :fkidding: but actually he was Megatron (the Bad guy) :accepted:
If you read Ramayan then you would know that Kumbhakarn was a actually a good guy as he advised Ravan to return Sita and even criticized him that he is doing wrong but Ravan blackmailed him that as a brother he has to fight for his brother.

So a good guy acted as a bad guy.

hitesh

Some times i too feel im living the life as it was in Matrix people around me are just programmed scripts that's running around me , some times i feel like breaking out of this programmed script . When i was a kid i used to confront my pet dog to reveal his real identity & my dog used to give me a wearied look may be that was side effect of watching too much cartoon network .
I too request the OP to stop fantasizing about kumbkran being a giant robot other wise people will come up with logic that Hunaman jee was having portable Jet packs to fly over the sea into lanka & Rama had contacts with super builders who could constructs a road over the sea between lanka & Bharat on short notice .

hitesh

Rakshas had state of the art tech millions of years ago but Mr Ram killed Ravan with his super advanced Arrow missile miniature to be launched from a Bow.

was that russian or american one or Rama had indigenous arms factory in ayodhya ?

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
was that russian or american one or Rama had indigenous arms factory in ayodhya ?
Nahhh... it was directly imported from Swarglok after lot of Tapsaya.The Devta's already made and tested it and it was ready in their arsenal.

All you needed was to recite some secret Shlok's and the weapon was in your hand.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
you do realise we are talking about thousands of year ago tale where flying aircrafts (vimana) and shapeshifting arrows are common?
Yes. Fables and tales with supernatural events are one thing. Making inferences to conjure up historical events is quite another.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles