Korean S-400 'Cheolmae-2' undergoes successful interception testing.

bhramos

Country flag
ROK Air Force SAM

I never knew or saw SK operates S-300 Variants................:funny_2:

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
South Korea is developing a simplified version of the S-400 called Cheolmae-2 with the help of Almaz Central Design Bureau. The Cheolmae-2 will be composed of an X-band multi-function radar vehicle built by Almaz, a command post vehicle and several transporter-erector-launchers for Koreanized 9M96 missiles. The prime contractor is Samsung Thales, a joint venture between Samsung Electronics and Thales of France.[18]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-400_(SAM)

some more sources.............

Pintu

Yes, kishor , this is what I am learning it now, in case of the land based interceptor they are not taking the help of the USA, S-400 missile which they have worked upon supplied by present Russian Govt, it is no doubt a big news for Russian Defence Industry, to weaponise the Air Defence of a country that enjoys a very cordial relationship with the USA, also interesting point that French group Thales has been roped in, along with Home borne Samsung.

Regards

bhramos

Country flag
Yes, kishor , this is what I am learning it now, in case of the land based interceptor they are not taking the help of the USA, S-400 missile which they have worked upon supplied by present Russian Govt, it is no doubt a big news for Russian Defence Industry, to weaponise the Air Defence of a country that enjoys a very cordial relationship with the USA, also interesting point that French group Thales has been roped in, along with Home borne Samsung.

Regards
you are 100% correct, so why cant we upgrade our S-300's with this kind or we already have some green pine radars and get some fire control systems from thales or DRDO!!!!!!
this would make our S-300 almost equal to that of S-400.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles