Koizumi Calls on Japan to Abandon Nuclear Power

Discussion in 'Indo Pacific & East Asia' started by t_co, Oct 5, 2013.

1. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

Ex-Prem. Koizumi Calls on Japan to Abandon Nuclear Power - JIJI PRESS

Shinzo Abe is widely considered Koizumi's protege.

3. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

termination of nuclear power meaning more reliance on costly oil+gas import how would it be workable for revival of JP economy?

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

4. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Hmm..Japan has already done so I think.

I remember reading an article a few weeks ago, where japan switched off their last nuclear reactor. andyes the coal and gas imports are killing their economy...but it seems thats what their people want. They are incredibly scared of nuclear power....understandably so (thankyou usa).

(cant post links yet, search for japan switches off nuclear reactor you get a bunch of news articles)

They even protest against japan supporting nuclear projects in other countires,that is the level of dislike that they have for nuclear power.

5. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Japanese are writing their doomsday on the wall.

This will mean import of coal and gas from USA which will boost US economy but screw the Japanese further. One Fukushima has scared them silly. It is indeed a national disaster but what's the guarantee that there will not be non-nuclear disasters?

Japanese should continue holding on to nuclear energy AS LONG AS they don't produce renewable energy like Denmark. Finland, Iceland and Norway do.

These Nordic nations have become experts in gaining and harnessing energy from renewable resources.

But importing coal and gas will destroy their already ailing and stagnant economy, further complicated by ageing population.