Knowing Germany

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Well, this thread got derailed. As an attempt to get it back on track: I just saw the movie "Fury" with Brad Pitt. A very good characterization of April, 1945 armor combat as Germany collapsing, also showing the civilian life in the time durin the last throes of the SS.

Fury (2014) - IMDb

At the link there is some interesting information about the last remaining operable Tiger tank.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I started this thread so that one could learn about Germany since lots of Indian people tour Europe these days.

And Frankfurt is a airlink hub.

pmaitra

I started this thread so that one could learn about Germany since lots of Indian people tour Europe these days.

And Frankfurt is a airlink hub.
My apologies. I plan on moving a few posts to a new thread. I have asked @Razor for a thread title where we could discuss whatever we were discussing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sgarg

Well Germans seem to be very friendly to Indians. Same true for Russians also.

Most Germans seem to speak good English now. So communicating is easy.

My experience with Norwegian - friendly but aloof. No warmth.

Have had extensive contacts with "overseas" Chinese in Singapore and Malaysia. Went around with an ethnic Chinese family who was kind enough to show me around Penang.

It was a long time ago but still remember the comment of the Chinese lady - "Indians are very much like us". I did not understand her comment then but after almost two decades and working with a lot of people, I think she was right.

This is what I say to Indians on this board - Make the effort to understand the Chinese.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
In a office environment Germans send a meeting request to you even if you are sitting in the next cubicle. This is even if it is a 15min meeting. Indian way is to just walk over and start talking without caring a damn what the other person is doing. Ha ha

HMS Astute

Good thread. I love Germany and my great grandad was a German from Bonn.

Last edited:

HMS Astute

My new legs are made in Germany. Thank you Deutschland, your engineering is so gut.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles