Know Your 'Rafale'

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I didn't question F22. I have seen F22 and it is better than F35 in maneuverability. F35 is like a retarded brother of F22 which sucks at everything.

As I said, turning while descending is not meaningful. I want proper turning as a maneuver to display minimum turning radius which is a useful maneuver in case f evading BVR missiles. I can't care less about your pedal turns or cobra maneuvers. Don't bring F22 here. The discussion is only of F35
That was the same pedal turn exhibited by the F-35 as in other TVC aircrafts. It's a turn with full authority.

The video posted above of the F-35 making what looks like a pedal turn was a stall testing. The F-35 there was falling after the test pilot intentionally made it stall. The video I posted was a "pedal turn" of the F-35 from the Paris Air show.

Re F-35's turning radius, well didn't I posted a video clip of the F-35 making a 360 degrees turn? You must be brainwashed by these Russian trolls and Dassault snake oil salesmen if you did not realized what I posted. And BTW, in case you again missed the characters shown in the video clip, that F-35 there beat Mig-35 despite being limited only to 7Gs due to temporary software limits.

And if you're thinking that any jet can escape a modern BVR infrared missile while doing a 360 degrees turn, no matter how tight it is, then you're out of your league posting in this forum.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-35 SUPPOSED to be the future - for neocolinial wars against retarded, sanctions-depowered enemies.
But now is the time yankies haven't counted for: there is a desperate need to withstand adequate foes like Russia and China which have adequate (and superior) weapons and war systems...

F-35 was created to drain NATO countries on money but the right time for this move is gone forever :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

There's no need for America to induct the F-35 to defeat Russia on a 1-on-1 air war. The Russian Air force is a joke.

gadeshi

I already posted the article from Defense Industry Daily and yet you continue to live in your alternate World. Well you're exhibiting the classic propaganda trap, you start believing your own lies after so many times of repeating it to others...
What alternative world?
AGM-158 will not be carried internally even according to your own sources. Period.
Especially by F-35B with smaller IWBs :)
External carriage is useless against advanced enemies.

Have I missed something? :)

gadeshi

There's no need for America to induct the F-35 to defeat Russia on a 1-on-1 air war. The Russian Air force is a joke.
Oh really? :)
So why did USAF generals constantly wheap about in Syria ? :)

gadeshi

That was the same pedal turn exhibited by the F-35 as in other TVC aircrafts. It's a turn with full authority.

The video posted above of the F-35 making what looks like a pedal turn was a stall testing. The F-35 there was falling after the test pilot intentionally made it stall. The video I posted was a "pedal turn" of the F-35 from the Paris Air show.

Re F-35's turning radius, well didn't I posted a video clip of the F-35 making a 360 degrees turn? You must be brainwashed by these Russian trolls and Dassault snake oil salesmen if you did not realized what I posted. And BTW, in case you again missed the characters shown in the video clip, that F-35 there beat Mig-35 despite being limited only to 7Gs due to temporary software limits.

And if you're thinking that any jet can escape a modern BVR infrared missile while doing a 360 degrees turn, no matter how tight it is, then you're out of your league posting in this forum.
Prove it by proper videos.
But you can't as even USAF cant.
We will laugh at you while you'll post slow 90degs jerking with energy losses and flow breaks :)

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Oh really? :)
So why did USAF generals constantly wheap about in Syria ? :)

Err, because ill-trained Russian pilots always seemed to have drunk too much vodka while flying their jets near American jets?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What alternative world?
AGM-158 will not be carried internally even according to your own sources. Period.
Especially by F-35B with smaller IWBs :)
External carriage is useless against advanced enemies.

Have I missed something? :)

I already corrected myself so many pages earlier. JASSM is planned for external carriage for F-35s.

And what do you mean external carriage is useless against advanced enemies? I thought American Air force will disintegrate at the sight of Su-35 alone? Isn't Su-35 carrying all its weapons externally? So you finally admit that it is useless against major air forces let alone the USAF? Because that's what I have been saying all along... :bplease:

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, I will stop explaining purely F-35 here. I only mentioned the F-35 here to counter outrageous claims here by Dassault's snake oil salesmen against the F-35 (when sales pitching Rafale). But if you still want to continue repeating your lies against the F-35 then post them in the F-35 thread...

gadeshi

Err, because ill-trained Russian pilots always seemed to have drunk too much vodka while flying their jets near American jets?
No, you dumb!
Because of impenetratable A2AD zones up to 650km in diameter :)

gadeshi

I already corrected myself so many pages earlier. JASSM is planned for external carriage for F-35s.

And what do you mean external carriage is useless against advanced enemies? I thought American Air force will disintegrate at the sight of Su-35 alone? Isn't Su-35 carrying all its weapons externally? So you finally admit that it is useless against major air forces let alone the USAF? Because that's what I have been saying all along... :bplease:
I mean that Russian/Chinese Su-35S/SK will not rely on their own sensors only but on various other systems help. This is called network centricity.
Niebo-M and Protivnik-G can see F-35 in stealth mode from more than 1000km due to multi-band capabilities.

However, if F-35 will take external weapons (including JASSM), it will kill its stealth abilities cause external stores will shine brightly on Su-35S radars as well.
F-35 has poor speed envelope, so it cannot escape being detected. Especially when loaded.

Is it too hard to realise so simple things?

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Mig 29 is almost obsolete. F 35 is the future. BTW pretty sure F 35 can whoop Mig 29 in a WVR fight going by it's slow maneuvering characteristics. T/W ratio is 1.16 in F 35 in combat loading and slow speed stall recovery is also great with a much high AoA than Mig 29.

Go shill elsewhere.
Conclusion: flying brick is the futur. Good Luck !

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 there beat Mig-35 despite being limited only to 7Gs due to temporary software limits
Definitiv software limits. Don't imagine a 10 years limitation to be removed now. No Way !

This plane will be limited to 7G all his life long. But some others before it also.

It's definitively not a nice superiority fighter, but it wasn't study for this role !

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Since there are lot of air shows amateurs in there you may want to check that video featuring “Rafale solo display” pilots Marty and Tao, with english subs. And the nonetheless awesome “Couteau Delta” Mirage 2000 patrol.

It's just a lot of barrel roll, the usual Rafale stuff. There's no TVC-like maneuver there, or pedal turn. But you have to give it to Rafale, for a jet designed in the late 70's and early 80's it still looks formidable especially against Russian 4th or so called 4.5 gen offerings. But against newer 5th gen fighters like the F-35, I'm sorry to tell you this but in terms of technology and even maneuvering capabilities Rafale is already old.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I'm sorry to tell you this but in terms of technology and even maneuvering capabilities Rafale is already old.
In term of agility Rafale is very near F22, without TVC. It would NEVER be the case of the Fat Turkey !

It is equipped by world class electronic support, world class radar, this year the better AAM missile of the world... it is operationnal.

Wake me up when the Fat Turkey will be FOC.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In term of agility Rafale is very near F22, without TVC. It would NEVER be the case of the Fat Turkey !
Dream on! All Rafale can boast is barrel rolls (which any fighter can do). Just watch Rafale's air demos, it's mostly about barrel rolls. And then it would fly upside down. It really get's very boring. There are absolutely no TVC-like chops!

It is equipped by world class electronic support, world class radar, this year the better AAM missile of the world... it is operationnal.

Wake me up when the Fat Turkey will be FOC.
It's already old compared to F-35. No amount of "best AAM missile in the World" or make it "in the Universe" can change that. Get over it!

But I must admit that against the giant lipsticked SU-35, Rafale is still very formidable.

Last edited:

Sancho

Dream on! All Rafale can boast is barrel rolls
And that's why your flight display argument doesn't mean anything for actual combat situations, since Rafale has already proven it's manouverability against the F22 in exercises, which showed how hard it was for the most manoeuvrable US fighter to get behind and kill it.

All these videos, or the funny comparisons to Russian fighters with TVC are simply pointless, especially when you already admitted that it doesn't have comparable flight performance to Rafale.

All F35 has is stealth and that's a credible advantage, which makes it special so far, bit that's it!
Rafale is using passive sensors with 360 degree for more than a decade now, so even F35s passive sensors are only following European examples. Just as European A2A weaponry has a clear edge over US counterparts, AASM was praised by US forces for it's precision compared to JDAM and F35s would love to have MICA missiles, because they add more advantages to stealth fighters with limited load configs of internal weapon bays.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Dream on! All Rafale can boast is barrel rolls (which any fighter can do). Just watch Rafale's air demos, it's mostly about barrel rolls. And then it would fly upside down. It really get's very boring. There are absolutely no TVC-like chops!
You haven't seen all the video i've posted....

When you found just an evidence of a F35 surpassing a Rafale in a WVR, I send you a bottle of good french champagne !

1) Rafale > F16
2) F16 > F35.
But for you the conclusion is F35 > Rafale. :frusty:

I'm afraid you have to go back to school to implemate your mathematics

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles