Kill your daughter if she runs away, says UP DIG

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by nrj, May 10, 2012.

1. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

New Delhi: At a time when public outcry against dishonour killings has become louder and demands are being made for giving stringent punishment to those found guilty in such cases, a top cop in Uttar Pradesh has triggered a controversy by openly advocating such brutal practices.

Reports, Wednesday, claimed that a high-ranking police official Satish Kumar Mathur, who is posted as the DIG of Saharanpur Range, has been caught on camera saying that if his own sister ever eloped he would kill her or commit suicide.

This shocking statement was made by Mathur when he was routinely inspecting police stations and met a man named Shaukeen Mohammad, a resident of Kaserwa village of Prabudhnagar district, whose daughter had allegedly run away.

During his chance meeting with the DIG, Shaukeen Mohammad requested him to ask his police officers to recover his 14-year-old daughter Ishrat Jahan, who was allegedly abducted one-and-a-half-month ago.

"I don't have magical power to recover your daughter. But if your daughter had eloped then you should be ashamed of it and end your life. I would have killed my sister if she had eloped or else I would have committed suicide," Mathur said.

His shocking statement was caught on camera by some local media persons, who were present there to cover his visit.

Ishrat was allegedly abducted by two youths from the verandah of her house. The police later registered a case against Mokin Satpal and Oma Atra, two men of the same area a month after the incident. However, the police is still clueless about the girl.

Apprehensive that the girl would be raped and killed by the youths, who have a history of crimes, over 50 villagers of Kaserwa had reached the SP office along with Shaukeen.

When quizzed by media persons that how could a police officer promote dishonour killing, Mathur evaded the reply.

However, Shaukeen was quoted as telling reporters, “While my daughter was abducted, the DIG said she has eloped. I don't know from where he got this information. Although she was abducted in the presence of many villagers, even if I believe the police officer, then too she is a minor and not able to decide what is right and what is wrong. In that case, it is the duty of the police to not only recover her but also save her honour and life. But the DIG supports dishonour killing.”

Meanwhile, the National Commission for Women has demanded the cop be suspended.

Kill your daughter if she runs away, says UP DIG

3. utubekhiladi

utubekhiladi The Preacher Elite Member

is UP DIG means digvijay singh?

4. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

Send the mental DIG to rehab asap and punish him with 101 chittar publicly.

5. utubekhiladi

utubekhiladi The Preacher Elite Member

^^^ but who is DIG :why:

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

^^Deputy Inspector in General.

Btw, he should indeed commit suicide for being stupid.

Razor and utubekhiladi like this.
  7. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

There are no prejudices in India, especially against women and lower caste

/// end sarcasm

8. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

So much hullabaloo, yet, I have no idea what the police is doing to rescue the girl. If the police want, they can do it. The news report also claims the two accused have criminal history.

Shameful!

panduranghari likes this.
  9. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

If she has run away, how do you catch her in the first place.

If she has run away it only indicates that as parents they have been failures and not the daughter!

Kill? Only those who are depraved can kill their own!

The DIG badly requires some leave. He has become too influenced by the criminal elements he handles and his mind has taken a criminal twist!

Psychiatric help would also be essential.

10. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors