Kerala top cop had links with LeT

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Singh, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

NEW DELHI: It is a letter which proves controversial Kerala suspended top cop Tomin Thachankary's nexus with the LeT. TIMES NOW is in possession of this letter written by the home ministry to the chief secretary of the Kerala govt after the cop's frequent trips abroad.

The letter suggests that Kannur IG Thachankary met with terror suspects linked to Bangalore blasts - during his recent visit to Qatar.

TIMES NOW has also learnt that the National Investigation Agency - which has been assigned to look into this case has recorded the statement of the Indian Ambassador to Doha.

The NIA also quizzed the top cop on Tuesday and is expected to submit its probe report anytime soon.

Kerala top cop's LeT link nailed? - The Times of India

3. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Top cops ?? seriously

Tomin Thachankary's, what religion is that name ?

4. Singh

^^ how does religion matter ??

5. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

It doesn't in a broad perspective, but when you look at it' it does not make any sense for a police officer with that name to have links with LET..

6. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

You'll find nutcases in every religion.

7. Singh

Science is yet to conclude correlation between someone's name and their propensity to succumb to immoral activities with the right amount of incentives.

If you have research proving your claims, I will be interested in seeing that.

8. RAM

RAM The southern Man Senior Member

Fanaticism has no religious siblings as long as money does the Talking.

Mr Thachankerry had been previously implicated for various Criminal offences including running international money laundering, and many other serious crimes.He is alleged to be a mate of the current State Home Minister, who is reportedly protecting him.On the contrary ,The State Government had frozen the assets of Tomin Thachankary(former IG)-following detection of wealth allegedly disproportionate to his known sources of income in 2007 on advice of Kerala CM.

kerala Anti-piracy police squad raided his film studio in 2006 (ran on the behalf of his wife's name in kochi ) named as Riyan studio was involved in producing pirated film/music videos .The case however got duly resolved by MrThachankerry himself using his high profile political connections.

No wonder why he is in HEADLINES AGAIN

9. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Maybe not, but don't you think its time for all religions to introspect into themselves rather than just claiming, "we don't teach killings and violence". They actually might not, but religion is defined by its followers and the way its followers interpret the religion. No..am not blaming certain religions am blaming/pointing at all the religions. I am kinda fed up hearing "My religion does not support extremism" . Its time people started introspecting religions which are 1000nds of years old. Practices and ideologies developed during that time cannot cope up/match with the modern world.

In my view Religions lead to extremism but extremists cannot be confined to religion. I hope you understand what am willing to say..

10. Singh

A terrorist organization allegedly bought a cop and we should ask the Pandits, the Maulvis, the Priests to introspect ?

Absolutely not.

Hinduism by its followers : As per an estimate atleast a half of the Hindus or followers of Hinduism are uneducated, poor and starving.

Hinduism by the way its followers interpret: A large number of Hindus practice superstitions, caste system, honour killings, sati, dowry system etc.

Or Hinduism is defined by its Texts, Treatises, Seers, Scholars and Saints ?

Disclaimer: Before some avowedly radical Hindus (u know who you are) jump in, I am just trying to illustrate a point.

I don't understand, why you are talking about extremism or religion.
    To cut a long story short.

Pakistan treats India as an enemy, and wants to hurt it. Military action turns out to be costly, so they carry out terrorist activities which give a greater bang for the buck. There is a cop of questionable moral judgement. Terrorists get in touch with this cop, and are able to buy him off to help them in their agenda.

Now where is the question of religion in the picture ?
    Its a question of conscience on the part of the IG, and security/surveillance on the part of the state !

11. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Am talking about terrorism in general. If there was no religion then there would be not much terrorism..

What Hinduism is is different and what people follow is different, and this is in effect in every religion, as i said its what people follow which matters not what the actual religion is... If everybody followed their religion to its true form, there would be no terrorism and religious based killings...

I didnot realise LEt fanatics would be willing to recruit people from so called "kafirs, non believers" etc... etc....

I agree abt pakistan part...

12. Tshering22

Tshering22 Sikkimese Saber Senior Member

Kerala is becoming India's Taliban with the Popular Front louts. They are violent, aggressive and a threat.. Now even cops are getting involved.. just great! :angry_1:

13. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

Yeah...its sad..but politicians don't care' all they want is votes. Commie parties should be kicked outa this country...

14. Singh

Except Islamic terrorism recently, most forms of terrorism has been of a variety other than religious. Only very few like AQ, Taliban, LeJ/SeS justify their terrorist acts on religion, others based them on ethnicity, injustice, nationalism etc.

Eg. Maobadis; ETA; PKK; LTTE; ULFA etc

Osama Bin Laden in all his heart believes he is following the right Islam, and doing the right thing by killing the infidels.

LeT doesn't have much of an Islamic agenda, they are pretty secular when it comes to killing and they are terrorists, they don't have morals or ethics.

Solid Beast likes this.
  15. keshtopatel

keshtopatel Regular Member

16. Rebelkid

Rebelkid Regular Member

I heard LET wanted to convert india into an Islamic state..as for Osama bin Laden...There exactly lies the problem....

17. keshtopatel

keshtopatel Regular Member

Correct!

Its a Jihadi outfit, Army of the pure, Kashmir centric, Islam oriented, US-UK banned!

DAWN.COM | World | Who are the Lashkar-e-Tayiba?

18. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Whatever there cause it doesn't change the fact that they're vile murderers, criminals, scum and terrorists all combined into one.

In hindsight the existence of groups like them have done more damage to pak now.

But thats besides the point....some people in govt are so shameless that they will even sell themselves for money to enemy of India...it is one thing taking bribe from Indian civilians and it is another to take bribe from enemy. People like that cop should be hanged with the likes of kasab. Death penalty should be given to that cop since he committed treason.

19. navida

navida Regular Member

LeT is an Islamic Organization. It will definitely be easier for them to work with a muslim than a non-muslim . I don't see anything wrong in what Reblkid asked.

20. Singh

It is specifically anti-India group and firmly under the control of the Pak establishment. LeT can claim what it wants to, but it does what ISI dictates.

I don't see the need for discussing religion in this particular thread, there are plenty threads in which these points have been raised. What we need to discuss is,

and the security apparatus kept sleeping..

21. seiko

seiko Regular Member

Popular front is just living in borrowed times thanks to our current home minister of Kerala..as for this police officer there has been allegations against him from making CDs to what not..he is simply there for money..he may not even know the other guy is LeT ... and Kerala will not become a Taliban ,some idiots action will not represent an entire community or a state..