Kerala Christian priest posed as Cop to convert Adivasis

Discussion in 'Religion & Culture' started by VivekShah, Apr 29, 2015.

1. VivekShah

VivekShah Regular Member

Kerala priest held for posing as cop, cheating - The Times of India

3. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

A fake priest is no priest no matter what religion. Should not be used to malign any faiths name. Also I don't understand how does someone convert someone all of a sudden to any specific faith. Faiths are complicated, you can't just tell someone to believe in any religious myths or partly or fully questionable facts and expect him/her to become a followers. People can choose to be idwntified by any specific faith but if two people of same faith has different understanding or only partially believe that faith or have different versions of that faith, they are still people of different faith even if they call it by same name.

If I tell someone to become Hindu on offer of rupees 1million, would it make him a devotee of my faith. I don't think so.

I don't think one can convert a human being from this faith to that faith or no faith to specific faith unless it is making complete sense with no myth or preachings like submission first and understand later. Conversion isn't logically possible to any faith. It's time to legally ban all kind of conversion.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  4. VivekShah

VivekShah Regular Member

Wtf you talking about? Next time do you want the priest to not be identified? Conversion is ingrained in Christianity, throughout history most Xtian converts were made using dubious means like for example a poster here.

5. SANITY

SANITY Regular Member

Do you read and understood what I wrote? Yes the person should be identified. I am just saying not to target any faith but man.

Did I not say to simply ban conversion? Do you think a man who truly has faith would need to force, fool or bribe people to convert? You misunderstood my post, I asked to identify real priests or saints from the fake ones and bring law to stop cinversion legally so that only guilty people face the punishment not the ordinary devotees/worshippers.