Kaveri Engine

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
It was reverse engineered from Russian cryogenic engine with some indigenous technology development. Don't act oversmart. Similarly, turbofan engine also was first made by Germany in WW2. The allies took it and developed further. Now, India is developing its own technology by taking cues from other engines and also its its own. Kaveri is a flat rated engine which other countries don't use
Cryogenic system a very basic system, India was not able to develop past 4 decades. And what India has is not an advance one what US China or Russia uses. The KVD1 Russian engine is no more in use and is retired. Which is still used in GSLV as reverse engineered CE7.5
They will not be able to build one bigger in size without foreign help, and how they developed CE20, is known. For every upgrade they need to run to west.

Kaveri dimension is very small and they are expecting very high thrust to weight ratio without having mastered material sciences like the west has.
They can never build or tune it without foreign help

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&s...AYIQjjgIKzAB&usg=AOvVaw350736yZ60nuF817zDl1m_

BS !
just GO TO THIS LINK. YOU WILL GET ANS. YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWNPLAY ISRO'S ACHIVMENTS IGNORANT FALSE FLAGGER
The reason why ISRO can't help DRDO openly is because there are lot's of foreign technology used by ISRO.
Otherwise a space agency of any country is the ultimate source of defence technology development.
So you can see and imagine why such delays in DRDO and more efficient ISRO.

This nation needs to learn some common sense.

I normally don't undermine the progress of this nation but people need to have their minds used.

And by the way You definitely did not know the difference between CE7.5 ( 7.5 ton thrust) and CE20 ( 200kN)

It's FYI CE200kN weighing 588 kgs, built by India not the one given in the link. But this motor is based on old cryogenic technology and use of Heavy material and less use of composites to reduce the weight.

Challenge comes when you go for 700-1200 kN thrust motor. Because there you need to use a lot of composites for both strength and weight reduction. In any case it shouldn't weight more than 1300Kg.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Cryogenic system a very basic system, India was not able to develop past 4 decades. And what India has is not an advance one what US China or Russia uses. The KVD1 Russian engine is no more in use and is retired. Which is still used in GSLV as reverse engineered CE7.5
They will not be able to build one bigger in size without foreign help, and how they developed CE20, is known. For every upgrade they need to run to west.

Kaveri dimension is very small and they are expecting very high thrust to weight ratio without having mastered material sciences like the west has.
You are speaking as if west will simply give away the technology. Do you think they are retarded? West never gives any technology. Russian cryogenic engine is the last thing India got. Scientists don't stay in one place and keep attending conferences and publish research papers. It does not mean they are beggars

The reason why ISRO can't help DRDO openly is because there are lot's of foreign technology used by ISRO.
Otherwise a space agency of any country is the ultimate source of defence technology development.

I normally don't undermine the progress of this nation but people need to have their minds used.

And by the way You definitely did not know the difference between CE7.5 ( 7.5 ton thrust) and CE20 ( 200kN)

It's FYI CE200kN weighing 588 kgs, built by India not the one given in the link. But this motor is based on old cryogenic technology and use of Heavy material and less use of composites to reduce the weight.

Challenge comes when you go for 700-1200 kN thrust motor. Because there you need to use a lot of composites for both strength and weight reduction. In any case it shouldn't weight more than 1300Kg.
Space agency only gives missile tech and not any other technology like turbofan, seekers etc. Also, no one uses cryogenic engine for missile technology.

Can you give me an example of 700-1200kN cryogenic engine in upper stage? India does not have lower stage cryogenic engine as of yet. Let us make a fair comparison of other upper stage engine

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
You are speaking as if west will simply give away the technology. Do you think they are retarded? West never gives any technology. Russian cryogenic engine is the last thing India got. Scientists don't stay in one place and keep attending conferences and publish research papers. It does not mean they are beggars

Space agency only gives missile tech and not any other technology like turbofan, seekers etc. Also, no one uses cryogenic engine for missile technology.

Can you give me an example of 700-1200kN cryogenic engine in upper stage? India does not have lower stage cryogenic engine as of yet. Let us make a fair comparison of other upper stage engine
that guy is completly dum* he is just trying to downplay india's achivements not bringing any proofs backing his statemnets that "CE20 is made with the help of russia !" and
"CE7.5 IS REVERSED ENGINEERED FROM KVD1"
give us proof!!!

he literaly derailed this thread ce-20 is one of the most powerful uperstage cryogenic engine as far as i know.

Last edited:

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag

KVD1 NAME HERE YOU USED IS SAME CLASS ENGINE COMPARABLE TO CE7.5

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag

i just posted link about that CE7.5 which u said is reversed engineered from kvd1 so dont drag ce200. how ce200 came here?

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag

and let me completly roast you india building 2000kn engine known as SCE200 AND TESTED

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&s...AYIQjjgIKzAB&usg=AOvVaw350736yZ60nuF817zDl1m_

BS !
just GO TO THIS LINK. YOU WILL GET ANS. YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWNPLAY ISRO'S ACHIVMENTS IGNORANT FALSE FLAGGER
Indian cryogenic engine based on gas-generator cycle is entirely different from Russian engine using staged combustion cycle.

So Indian GSLV is not a "mere product of reverse engineering of Russian technology" , Indian GSLV and Indian cryogenic engine CE-7.5 CE-7.5 are pure indigenous products of the hard work of people working in ISRO.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Do you know that breeder reactor is a huge source of high grade plutonium at the expense of U238? Are you saying that Ukraine will sell such a thing to India?

It was reverse engineered from Russian cryogenic engine with some indigenous technology development. Don't act oversmart. Similarly, turbofan engine also was first made by Germany in WW2. The allies took it and developed further. Now, India is developing its own technology by taking cues from other engines and also its its own. Kaveri is a flat rated engine which other countries don't use
No i didn't said anything like that, their are some claims that says India bough technologies related to semi cryogenic engine from Ukraine, and I do know about Indian Fast Breeder reactor, and not only Indian but also about Russian fast breeder reactor.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
that guy is completly dum* he is just trying to downplay india's achivements not bringing any proofs backing his statemnets that "CE20 is made with the help of russia !" and
"CE7.5 IS REVERSED ENGINEERED FROM KVD1"
give us proof!!!

he literaly derailed this thread ce-20 is one of the most powerful uperstage cryogenic engine as far as i know.
Lol another jingo
dude you have no idea how a cryogenic takes its shape in Ind. There is no doubt that CE7.5 was reverse engineered as India was not a member mtcr so they changed the name of kvd1 to ce7.5 and there after US sanctioned India due to TOT from Russia.
And KVD1 is staged combustion. The whatever technology they had they used it to develop CE 20 with the help of French. As vulcaine is similar type gas generator motor.
now coming to your SCE 2000kn oh well you better not discuss this about holidays in france.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Lol another jingo
dude you have no idea how a cryogenic takes its shape in Ind. There is no doubt that CE7.5 was reverse engineered as India was not a member mtcr so they changed the name of kvd1 to ce7.5 and there after US sanctioned India due to TOT from Russia.
And KVD1 is staged combustion. The whatever technology they had they used it to develop CE 20 with the help of French. As vulcaine is similar type gas generator motor.
now coming to your SCE 2000kn oh well you better not discuss this about holidays in france.
Why is france giving everything to India - be it cryogenic engine or kaveri engine? Is France mentally unsound?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I think @Screambowl is biggest hypocrite here in DFI( apart from napakis) ...he bash fellow indian and govt/official for their inferiority complex , but seems himself suffering from same disease
are Bhai.. I know how it worked for every new project they need to consult people in west. Look at that Indian neutrino Observatory. It's biggest in the world but no people to work there. Reason, no skilled people in India in particle physics. In nuclear I would say Ind has got best minds but then they have restricted themselves to generating power. This is why people go to west for studies. Otherwise they could have done it in India itself. It's not just about money but also about facility and recognition. Rather developing at home they bring all the test beds in India and they test.
That wind tunnel in IIT Kanpur is rusting and has not been upgraded past 15 years. Go and see the floor if you ever get a chance to visit. It's not even dusted properly. And then they conduct experiments there.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
are Bhai.. I know how it worked for every new project they need to consult people in west. Look at that Indian neutrino Observatory. It's biggest in the world but no people to work there. Reason, no skilled people in India in particle physics. In nuclear I would say Ind has got best minds but then they have restricted themselves to generating power. This is why people go to west for studies. Otherwise they could have done it in India itself. It's not just about money but also about facility and recognition. Rather developing at home they bring all the test beds in India and they test.
That wind tunnel in IIT Kanpur is rusting and has not been upgraded past 15 years. Go and see the floor if you ever get a chance to visit. It's not even dusted properly. And then they conduct experiments there.
I am from IIT Kanpur. Wind tunnel is not replaced every 10 years. I hope you even understand what is a wind tunnel

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
I am from IIT Kanpur. Wind tunnel is not replaced every 10 years. I hope you even understand what is a wind tunnel

please tell them to dust it and change the fused bulbs on the bed and the ceiling. Other wise there will be a lot of PIV errors. And also kindly advise them to repaint it with new Pressure sensitive paint, both ceiling and bed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles