Kausarbi's ashes were thrown into river: CBI chargesheet

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ahmedsid, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

Kausarbi's ashes were thrown into river: CBI chargesheet

The Central Bureau of Investigation's probe has revealed that Sohrabuddin Sheikh's wife Kausarbi was killed in a farmhouse on outskirts of Gandhinagar, her body was burnt and ashes were thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.

According to the chargesheet filed by the CBI in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case of 2005, Kausarbi was murdered in Arham farm and her ashes were thrown in Narmada as per direction of Indian Police Service officer D G Vanzara, one of the key accused in the case.

The charge sheet further said Vanzara was instructed to eliminate Kausarbi by Gujarat junior home minister Amit Shah, who is one of the accused in the fake encounter and is untraceable.

On the day when Sohrabuddin was picked up, the Gujarat police were not keen on bringing Kausarbi along, it said.

When the luxury bus of Sangeeta travels was intercepted on November 21, 2005, in Sangli in Maharashtra [ Images ] and Sohrabuddin was taken into custody, the Gujarat Police had asked Kausarbi who was travelling with him, to get back into the bus, the charge sheet said.

But Kausarbi refused to leave her husband and so the Gujarat Police officials decided to take her along, it said.

Sohrabuddin and Kausarbi were kept in Disha farm till night of November 25, 2005, and then they were taken to Arham farm, from where Sohrabuddin was taken to Ahmedabad [ Images ] and killed in a fake encounter, it said.

The charge sheet said after Kausarbi was murdered in Arham farm, co-accused police inspector N V Chauhan and constable Nathubha Jadeja put bundles of hay on her body, while another accused D R Chaubey brought a plastic can containing diesel and poured it on the body.

Thereafter Vanzara set the body on fire and instructed Chauhan to throw the ashes into Narmada river near Bharuch.

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/jul/24/kausarbis-ashes-were-thrown-into-river-cbi.htm

3. ahmedsid

This is Seriously Sad! My Blood boils when I hear such horrific details of politically motivated murders happening in Modern India, in a State which is supposed to be a Model according to some!

The Guilty should be given nothing less than Capital Punishment, as this is rarest of the rare in My Opinion. Hang Kasab and these guys on the same plank, Same day! I will be the Happiest Indian in the World!!! God Speed

4. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Some questions:

1. Why not somebody else? Why was the Gujarat Govt so interested in Sohrabuddin only?
    2. Why did it take so long for CBI to divulge that Kausarbi was killed, burnt and her ashes thrown in Narmada?

5. Agantrope

Agantrope Senior Member Senior Member

What my question is the single man sorabuddin been murdered and the CBI is spending this much of money to get man, obviously is from BJP, But why dont they do it when 1000s of SIkhs were burnt alive in Delhi and others places by congress and now they happily swept under the cover. For me i can see it just as a policy of minority appeasement.
    Same CBI few days back said now eveidence against Jagdish tytler; Godra train incident have been cooked as an accident. Same congress govt would dare to do the same did if the victim is a non-minority or from a Sikh or buddhist community? i can tell the answer in my sleep as 'NO'

6. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Model state? Maybe in development, not in administration mate.

This case will take another 10 years, and by that time most of the guilty would have died a natural death. It is the beauty of our corrupt bureaucrat and Judiciary.

7. ahmedsid

1) The State of Gujrat, even during the Riots, was supposed to have had a database of Muslims and their complete details bundled. The CBI Chargesheet will have more to it than my views, If its available, someone should post it.

2) The CBI Takes its time to investigate, and it submits the Chargesheet. The Court checks the evidences and testimonies, and in this case, even Rejected Anticipatory Bail Appeal of Amith Shah! That means, there is truth in the chargesheet according to the court of law.

3) If Amith Shah was so damn innocent, why the hell didnt he go tot he CBI and face the music? Why did he have to go into Hiding and then come into the open today, when its noticed that, the Public All over India is aghast at the acts of a Politicians in such a high position!

4) The BJP Calls for CBI Enquiry when the ruling party does something fishy, but when it comes to their own Deeds, they call CBI the Congress Bureau Of Investigation! Talk of Double Standards, and our Political Parties beat each other!

8. ahmedsid

Agan, thats not a nice argument! Thats escapism, to protect a Political Party!

You mean to Say, that, since One Man is dead, we neednt find out the Killer? AFAI the Sikh Riots investigation is also on its track, just like this. It is Sad that when people become Politically Affiliated to an Ideology, they Go Blind!!

Thank God, I have the Freedom to call a spade a spade, be it Congress, Communist or the BJP!!

9. ahmedsid

Oracle, Gujrat Development is model, I agree, but for Some, (I dont think so) The Administration is a Model too! I know Gujrat has improved a lot from the days of the riots, and now its pretty safe for Muslims just like it is for the Hindus, but as long as blemishes like this are not washed away, it wont be all the same.

10. Oracle

Oracle New Member

A crime still remains a crime irrespective of the number of persons they are committed against. There are political motives involved, obviously, and I do not deny that. However comparing this with the Sikh riots does not make any sense. Let law take its own course in all cases related to hate crimes.

11. Agantrope

Agantrope Senior Member Senior Member

I wont say it is escapism, but rather the CBI has Congress Bureau of Investigation

for instance read this news
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-clean-chit-to-Tytler/articleshow/5863609.cms

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4348703.cms

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-Tytler-in-riots-case/articleshow/6211865.cms

I never said Shah must be acquitted, Everyone is below the law. What i am asking is will the same government will do it incase of non-minority community. I havent inclined towards any community/party, My question, my inference from the happening all over my nation. Will everyone gets this kinda justice? as simple as like that.

In a democratic nation everyone deserves the right to call spade a spade, but this nation is going as 'crazy demo'?

12. Oracle

Oracle New Member

That is exactly what I was saying Ahmed. For your comments in bold, why should a State be in such a state that it is safe for only a section of the community? We are a secular nation, and a leader whether Hindu or Muslim should take pride in safeguarding the lives of all irrespective of religion or race. This ought to be a basic mindset of human beings, no?

13. Oracle

Oracle New Member

You are right. However, we do not have to compare incidents with one another. The only incident connected to this is the burning of the Karsevaks in the Sabarmati express. Then the Godhra riots, and then selective killings by the Gujarat Govt, if this is at all true. If you doubt GoI's intentions, you can always ask GoI for answers on the investigations of the death of Karsevaks. You are a voter and you have a voice.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  14. ahmedsid

I dont read TOI, but Yeah, There are Politically Motivated Cases, but it doesnt mean the Cases are FALSE!! Its just that Congress is taking an active Interest in bringing all the crimes of the BJP to the fore, and the BJP will do that tomorrow if they are in power! Its a Political Battle! All We can hope for is, for JUSTICE!!!

Oracle, not everyone is as nice as you or me :) People love to Kill now a days!! The World is going bonkers!!!

15. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

Unfortunately Policemen killing Gangster in an extra judicial manner has been going on for sometime in India. In this case, if anybody is proved to have been guilty then they should be brought to justice. But I fail to see how this is any different from several other extra judicial killings that have taken place in the country. The media is harping on to it because its happening in Modi's state and thus they have one more issue to target Modi on.

While this is clearly a big crime, but to say its of the same magnitude as Kasab killing 50+ people doesn't make sense

16. ahmedsid

A Murder is a Murder, and anyone saying killing 1 is not as bad as killing 50, is a very sad person! If that 1 Person killed is your brother or a sister, then the Pain is more than the Genocide of an entire nation huddled together! Just think, even the 1 person killed too, has a family! 50 Killed is 50 Affected Families! But the Magnitude is the same, if you kill 1 or 50!

17. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

I agree with Ahmadsid and in recent past i have repeatedly said that every crime of this type should lead to capital punishment. If someone was on IDF i have said there same in case of Sadhvi Pragaya two years ago. But i have also said, indeed they should be punished but only when these accused are proved guilty in court(not in CBI investigation or media).

On other side, recent activeness shown by CBI in Gujrat only(UP and other states have far many encounter cases but no CBI inquiry) have left very little doubt that CBI is working under instructions from congress to find out something, somehow, if not cook it but do it at any cost, so that Modi(in particular) and BJP can be blamed for political gains. Yes i see this report more as cooked one than fair. And no other than Congress has given reasons to see CBI like central institution as more a political tool than any.

Following are quotes which hints towards dark truth.

18. ahmedsid

Rahul, I also said above, Ruling Parties will use the State Machinery! But No Ruling Party will Simply Cook Up Crimes against a powerful party like the BJP! If the BJP Finds the Investigation a Sham, let them Prove it using the Law!!! AFAIK the Court had even rejected an Anticipatory Bail of Amit Shah, so It means the Case made by CBI has some standing.

Congress will use the CBI Against BJP, to dig up dirt when it needs to!! It doesnt mean the Dirt is Synthetic, or Fake!!! The Cases are real!!

And Yes, UP and Bihar has more crime, but then, when their time comes, someone will bring up that Dirt too!

I dont care What they do, I dont care if its Politically Motivated or NOT! I just Want JUSTICE for the Oppressed! I dont care how to they get to the Justice Part, I just want it! I wont mind if the Congress doesnt really care about the Deceased families or anything, and are just doing it to get even with Modi, I just want Justice and the Guilty Punished!

19. Oracle

Oracle New Member

That's the whole point. Every Government in power uses the CBI like a whore. However, crimes should be investigated and punishments awarded to the guilty.

20. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Senior Member Senior Member

Ahmad Ji. I agree more than any that culprit should be brought to justice somehow anyhow and at any cost. But overlooking political misuse and letting go past so easily just because we are more concerned about bringing justice will lead to vicious circle. No political party is left from doing motivated crimes and they never think they will ever go off power. In this wild run they overpower central institutions and use them against opponents. Also they use them to wash away their own or at least keep it wrapped. Time changes this party goes off and another comes in. They repeat same, wrapping self's and digging other's. Thanks to our judicial system no case come to conclusion hence no culprit is booked but these political party do gain multiple out of this drama. And this goes on and on like classic vicious circle. One section which suffers due to this culture are the victims. And i feel, if we overlook this ridiculously dirty culture for anything then IMO we are doing great injustice to victims(who is not recognized by religion color or race but as suffers).

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  21. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

The law doesn't consider killing one person as the same as killing 50, and there are compelling reasons for that. If we follow your logic Hitler should be on the same category as every other murderer in the world, but he isn't. This is not just about ethics but about law.

Also, next time don't personalize and attack the poster if you don't agree with the post.