Kathlal by-election stats

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by rcscwc, Dec 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Kathlal by-election stats

Held on 13 Sep, 2010.

65% voters are MUSLIMS.

Voter turn out 65%

BJP share 59.5%

Congi share 39.5%

Such high turn out is uncommon in by elections. Such high victory margins are uncommon in byelections, where anti incumbency is a FACT...
    YET...

BJP could not have won without a massive muslim support.

Kathlal by-election clearly pointed to a road: VIKAS first, VIKAS middle and VIKAS last. ADI SE ANT. VIKAS vajra will breach any barriers if projected wisely. Nitish and NDA saw the wisdom in Bihar. Any surprise they romped home?

Modi did not campaign in Bihar, but his name did get there. After all, there are lakhs of Biharis in Gujarat too. Hehe. Ram did not launch stones for the SETU, but the VANARAS did, in the name of Ram.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2010
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Extraordinary!

Indians are changing!

However, there is a feeling, expressed by all English TV analysts, more so by Dorab Sup[ariwala and Yadav, that the BJP piggybacked on Nitesh Agenda and so got the Muslim votes.

What does the analysis have to say about that?

4. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

WOW margin of Vote is 21,000 votes.....this is too much for By elections!!

5. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

If Kathlal is not a proof, then nothing is, for the BLINDS. A Cong bastion since independence, on the strength of MUSLIM VOTE, was won by BJP. HORROR of horrors, for p-sickulars, Modi was the architect!!

6. Ray

Indeed the win is spectacular!

More so, as you say, it being a Congress bastion since Independence.

But what makes you feel it was Modi's victory. Which Modi? Narender or Sushil?

What have you to say, with facts, that the English TV analysts were talking through their hats?

7. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

I don't say. But this seat has been held by Cong since independence. In 2002 Cong retained it with 13,000 margin, this time it lost by 21,000.

OK. It was Cong's dedeat.
    What else? facts and stas are there. They are not mine. Check ECI for verification, if you can.

But first. Where is Kathlal? By election was this year itself. No by election in Bihar this year due to general elections to the assembly.

8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Whats the point? Indians these days vote for development. It has been proved comprehensively in the last 5 or 6 years. Gone are the days where fake promises got you votes and also caste and creed etc.
    So the highlight by you about MUSLIM votes keeping congress afloat for me doesnt hold good. Issue based votes are in. I will give my example. The last assembly elections in Karnataka were held simultaneously with LS elections. I pressed BJP for assembly and congress for LS. BJP for the reason JD and Congress have wasted their opportunities in the state, and Congress at the center for a variety of reasons.

Indian voters are getting smarter. If you think otherwise then its your lack of intelligence.
    You have to stop being driven by religion. And the number of times you have posted about Modi makes me feel you are his PR manager.

9. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

Either you refute me or stop threatening me. Now I am seeing a pattern.

But the truth is generally KADWA.

In Kathlal, religious boundaries were erased, which perhaps you do not like. They were erased in Bihar too, else BJP could not have won from muslim dominated seats. Hard tpo0 digest.

Are you a sickular?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  10. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

rcscwc
    What do you intend to say??

Nobody said anything about Modi?

So what exactly do you intend to say

11. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

I do not understand the reason for this thread.
    If we have to discuss about the political situation in Gujrat wrt Narendra Modi, then we can discuss it seperately.

There is something called anti-incumbency, if some idiot is representing you for years and has done nothing for his constituency then he is dumped into a shit hole by the electorate and the person/party who has been performing is given a chance.

If BJP under Mr.Modi wins this constituency with a large majority in the next election then you can claim that Modi is successful here. The hard work starts from here.

12. Ray

Indeed, what has Modi got to do with this?

The voting was fair and square.

As reported, the Muslims voted for the JD (U) and BJP Combine.

It just goes to show that nobody can be taken for a ride.

People, irrespective of caste or religion, want a better deal.

The JD(U) and BJP Combine has given it a better deal.

So, they won hands down.

Others were shocked that their divisive politics totally failed!

It is extraordinary that every thread is being converted in a slugfest of Hindu vs Muslim, when there is no encouragement by anyone for the same, except that certain members are using this Forum as a platform for such activities.

Mentors Hat On

All may take it as a caution that this type of divisive activenesses has reached its zenith. It will not be tolerated any more.

This Forum is for India.

While one can express his views, what is NOT ACCEPTABLE is sneaking in a Hindu vs Muslim agenda, even when there is no scope for the same.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  13. Yusuf

Where was any threat? And I think in your agenda driven posting blinds you so much that you missed the point where I voted BJP and not the people who you call sickular. So that should answer your question.

The mentor has put in his caution. If you don't buckle up, mods will boot you out.

14. Ray

I am an Indian without any of this fancy tags that are bandied.

It pains me to see that even those who vote for the country based on development, irrespective of religion, are being scared off by blind hatred.

If one hates Hindus, just because he is a Hindu or a Muslim, just because he is a Muslim, I am afraid that is not nationalism on either side. It is bigotry and very divisive, and most unfortunate.

This forum encourages free thought. We protect it as a shining flame.

Once or twice, if one takes recourse to point out an issue that is religion based, though it is painful, it is still understandable.

However, if it is regularly brought in even by sneaky routes, then I am afraid that is promotion of an Agenda.

We have already banned a person who continuously was anti Indian as also brought all issues into a religious tone.

We shall not hesitate to ban anyone else who is seen to promote an Agenda and that too, one that divides this country and that too for no good reason.

15. rcscwc

rcscwc Tihar Jail Banned

You do not even know where Katlal is.

You think it is religious agenda that a constintuency with 65% muslim vores voted for BJP.

Close this, as for as I am concerned.

16. Yusuf

Thread closed ......................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.