Kashmir conflict-India should act now?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yusuf wrote "there is no connection between democracy and beliefs based on caste and religion. It's a social taboo."
I agree. But it is backward and stupid. Just like racist and religious discrimination committed by individuals in the West. It is against the law and you can be punished for that. But then proof is needed. You also need to define what is meant by religious harassment. E.g there are Muslims who call drawing cartoons of their prophet harassment (heard of the Danish cartoons?). Also some Muslims call it harassment when we just ask that they respect the rules of our society - e.g. equality between men and women.
Of course casteism and religious slurs is punishable by law.

Read Indian laws and you will understand.

One of our politicians was sent to jail for an inflammatory statement!!

I don't have to explain to you about religious harassment in Sweden. You would know it better.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Masterofsea why dosen't Pakistan accept all of India's muslims since you have all the answers?? why just Kashmir??? Kashmir is less than 10% of India's muslims, why are you concerned with something that you know nothing about??
And what maked u to say this that Pakistan should accept all the Indian Muslims ?

Want to make urs stand clear on this matter ?

Country flag
And what maked u to say this that Pakistan should accept all the Indian Muslims ?

What to make urs stand clear on this matter ?
I want to Know if masterofsea is truly concerned about the muslims in India or he is just interested in adding fuel to the fire in the kashmir issue, my question is very simple and not meant to offend IG ;are you concerned about ALL muslims in India or only Kashmiri muslims?

yuebaili

It is better if people just stick to Kashmir conflict. The thread is going on a tangent with discussion on democracy, caste system etc. Just a request to the members.
The conflict in Kashmir is very complicated. If we refrain from including notions like democracy, religion, tradition etc in our discussions we will never be able to achieve a deeper analyse of the problems.

I also have a feeling that Indians wish to avoid discussing Indian and Chinese separatisms in the same thread. Because it will be just too obvious that what they criticize about China is what they defend when it concerns India.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If masteroftheseas contention is correct that religion is the sole criteria of Nationhood, then all non Hindus would have to find another homeland.

Thus, such a contention is absurd and ridiculous!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The conflict in Kashmir is very complicated. If we refrain from including notions like democracy, religion, tradition etc in our discussions we will never be able to achieve a deeper analyse of the problems.

I also have a feeling that Indians wish to avoid discussing Indian and Chinese separatisms in the same thread. Because it will be just too obvious that what they criticize about China is what they defend when it concerns India.
Not correct.

One can discuss the issue and there is no harm in discussing.

However, the Holier than Thou attitude rankles!

And those who wish to comment should have some background knowledge and not just shoot off the mouth for the sake of appearing very knowledgeable!!

And more so the Chinese, who have no clue about democracy and its working and instead mouth mealy mouth pious platitudes and homilies that have no connection with reality of a democratic nation!!

Kashmir is not a complicated issue at all. It is just that the British wherever were their colonies or UN mandated territories, they have left bones of contention every where.

A democratic nation is all about democracy, religion, tradition, nationalism, sub nationalism, secularism etc.

Without such things a democracy would be a totalitarian state like China, where what the govt says is the last word and no more!

BTW how many languages, religion, ethnicities does Sweden have.

Are you aware how many India has?

And still we exist as one Nation!

Pakistan has one religion and those not of that religion are also subjected to the Sharia. That is not so in India.

Inspite of one religion, they cannot exist in harmony. There is regular Shia Sunni massacres even though it is one religion. India has so many and yet we exist. Of course, we do have our riots, but then there are many religions, sub national groups and so on where the differences are vast unlike Pakistan or even China.

China tolerates no distinctiveness at all! Lookat the fate of Tibetans and the Uighurs!

Country flag
If masteroftheseas contention is correct that religion is the sole criteria of Nationhood, then all non Hindus would have to find another homeland.

this is why China has never been able to understand democracy, look at what happened to all non-han Chinese in China.

Fighter

Of course casteism and religious slurs is punishable by law.

Read Indian laws and you will understand.

One of our politicians was sent to jail for an inflammatory statement!!

I don't have to explain to you about religious harassment in Sweden. You would know it better.
Ray , one thing that i admire about indian law is, that no one can enter and settle in kashmir.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned
I want to Know if masterofsea is truly concerned about the muslims in India or he is just interested in adding fuel to the fire in the kashmir issue, my question is very simple and not meant to offend IG ;are you concerned about ALL muslims in India or only Kashmiri muslims?
What u think ?

masterofsea

I didn't contend like you said.I just saw you are talking about going to make a war.So i came in and craked a joke.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
yue the trigger of this conflict lays with pakistan they were the ones that launched Operation Glumarg according to the Indian Independence act 1947AD either of the domains paksitan can not acced any princely state with out an Instrument of Accession
which the State of J&K had not singed but insted the maharaja HH Hari Singh Had excecuted a Standstill agreement with India and Pakistan pakistan in clear vilation of The agreement had attacked the state.

masterofsea

Could I suggest you to watch first part of "India Reborn".
I don't know what it said is right or wrong.If it is right,the muslims' life in india is very miserable.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ray , one thing that i admire about indian law is, that no one can enter and settle in kashmir.
You also cannot settle in Sikkim or the tribal areas of the NE.

masterofsea

I don't know what it said is right or wrong.If it is right,the muslims' life in india would be very miserable.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't know what it said is right or wrong.If it is right,the muslims' life in india is very miserable.
really?

Then ask Yusuf (the Moderator), and our various Muslim Presidents, our ex Air Chief Marshall, the various Generals in the Indian Army, the Police IGs and so on.

They have a better life than the Muslims of China where the Muslims are not allowed to enter the Mosques till they are 18 and are not allowed any Islamic teachings. Further, in China, the Imam's sermons have to be cleared by the CCP apparatchik.

In India, there is no such controls and there are also madrassas.

So spare us your crocodile tears!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Premji richest Indian techie
By agencies
Thursday,24 August 2006, 13:30 hrs

Wipro chairman Azim Premji has emerged from his 25th rank among the richest in the world and made it into the list of the world's 10 richest Tech Titans. The 60-year-old chairman of IT major Wipro has been placed in the sixth position with a net worth of $13.3 billion, amidst other runners in the tech industry.

He happens to be a Muslim.

Heard of the richest Muslim of China - Rebiya Kadeer who was jailed and had to flee China?

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
1. First and foremost it is ruled with Islamic legislation.
2. Schools have full fledged curriculum with islamic education not just
as a formality
3. Indecency is a forgotten tale.
3. The Trust is freely available commodity.
4. Traces of Corruption are found nowhere at least police is not corrupt
(as it leads to all types of corruption)
5. Kashmir is prosperous with agriculture,tourism and IT industries
flourishing.
6. Kashmiri people are not imitating the west. They have their own identity.
7. There is no barking of IDogs.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles