Kashmir: CCTV footage shows teens used for attacks

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir police on Sunday released shocking footage from CCTV cameras which suggested militants used teenaged boys to lob grenades at security forces in public places. The visuals bring to light how minors are being pushed into militancy in Kashmir.
The video allegedly shot in Sopore shows two boys pushing a handcart and collecting scrap. In the process they carry out a recce for the militants.
They are then shown meeting a man who apparently hands them a grenade and minutes later there is a blast.
The boys appear to be aged around 11 or 12.
IGP CRPF Dr BN Ramesh said, "We are in possession of the footage which has 13-year-old boys, who are scrap dealers being used to throw grenades. And also as a cover of response they are using hand pushed carts made of wood so that the bullets wouldn't pierce them."

Kashmir: CCTV footage shows teens used for attacks-India News - IBNLive Mobile

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We always knew the coward terrorists used kids even as shields may be. When these kids get killed either by the bombs they are sent to blow up or bullets, they are called martyrs and atrocity of Indian forces. The propaganda is getting exposed.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Pathetic beyond measure .

clearly the problem in Kashmir needs to be tackled at an ideological level.

Its a battle of Hearts and we are not winning it .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Anything New About these.. ?

We know they use teen and Kids for attacking on Police and they have hired media people to capture the image of Police brutalities..

Now they are moving to arm kids with AKs..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can anyone upload that in Utube..

Thnx..

amitkriit

Army has killed teenagers as young as 11 in gun-battles in Kashmir. If they can kill, they deserve to be killed, Army must not show any mercy on them, just because they are young and their minds have been corrupted. If they aren't put down they will become bigger menace.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a battle of Hearts and we are not winning it .
Thank to our Media, you start believing this BS, Its not so serious what our media shows..

People been to these places and see how civilian are, they are overall friendly..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Army has killed teenagers as young as 11 in gun-battles in Kashmir. If they can kill, they deserve to be killed, Army must not show any mercy on them, just because they are young and their minds have been corrupted. If they aren't put down they will become bigger menace.
Best way to capture not kill, It helps terrorist instead..

The best PR material is Indian solider killing little kids..

One dead 10 more will Join after its vid release..

Libya and Syria war gives very good insight about Tango PR workings and recruitment of fresh meat..

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Thank to our Media, you start believing this BS, Its not so serious what our media shows..

People been to these places and see how civilian are, they are overall friendly..
My opinions have nothing to do with Media

I have a lot of Kashmiri friends . . . . .

and No , while the civilians might seem to be overall friendly,
Only people who have actually reconciled with the Idea of Kashmir as a part of India are those who have businesses in Rest of India

Among the Local populace . . . There's still a lot of fire beneath those ashes . . . they just dont talk about it to non Kashmiris

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Best way to capture not kill, It helps terrorist instead..

The best PR material is Indian solider killing little kids..

One dead 10 more will Join after its vid release..

Libya and Syria war gives very good insight about Tango PR workings and recruitment of fresh meat..
Completely agree . . .Its a terrible idea to think this battle can be won by killing 11 year olds

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this type of video are the best way to show to the world how terrorists have used kids in this proxy low cost war. Enemy is invisible and he can come with surprise, our guys have to play by the rule and for terrorists they have no rule. But we have to play it smart and beat them in their own game.

salute to our brave soldiers and security forces for working in this hostile environment without loosing their cool.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have a lot of Kashmiri friends . . . . . and No , while the civilians might seem to be overall friendly,Only people who have actually reconciled with the Idea of Kashmir as a part of India are those who have businesses in Rest of India, Among the Local populace . . . There's still a lot of fire beneath those ashes . . . they just dont talk about it to non Kashmiris
But they surely like Army in there places and Ci-villains are major reason for Army success in J&k..

Tango PR spread disinformation and suspicion, I knew a Kashmiri boy of 22 in far J&k, He told me that >>

"in Srinagar, Hindustani army kill shopkeeper if he ask for money in return of the goods"

And he was very convinced about it.. that is how tango try to spread confusion among locals..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Completely agree . . .Its a terrible idea to think this battle can be won by killing 11 year olds
We cannot win anything without Civillians, And that is why Indian Army is still in Kashmir..

Though a solider always act in self-defense, One have to defend himself usually by killing..

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Tango PR spread disinformation and suspicion, I knew a Kashmiri boy of 22 in far J&k, He told me that >>

"in Srinagar, Hindustani army kill shopkeeper if he ask for money in return of the goods"

And he was very convinced about it.. that is how tango try to spread confusion among locals..
^ True . . . but the thing is these Tango PR as you call them are not limited to some recruits or ideologues . . .
a good proportion of nomal civilians play willingly as Mouthpieces of these Tango PRs . . . esp the Young

same is the case with a few Kashmiris i know, who live in Delhi

But they surely like Army in there places and Ci-villains are major reason for Army success in J&k..
I m not sure what you mean , since u said they like the Army and yet you also called them ci-villains .

so i must admit you should have a better idea . . .
although it does run the risk of being slightly biased in favour of the army

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
^ True . . . but the thing is these Tango PR as you call them are not limited to some recruits or ideologues . . .

a good proportion of normal civilians play willingly as Mouthpieces of these Tango PRs . . . esp the Young

same is the case with a few Kashmiris i know, who live in Delhi ..

I m not sure what you mean , since u said they like the Army and yet you also called them ci-villains .

so i must admit you should have a better idea . . .

although it does run the risk of being slightly biased in favour of the army
The good portion is fraction of the population support Army there..

In Delhi one use this coz of hate, they feel they are separated and the society in Delhi play its part too..

Google auto-correction...

-----------------

You dont have to admit, Its up to you..

But you can never make ideas about the native people until you are among them, with them at there places having food with them..

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The use of Kashmiri children in armed hostilities is a cowardly act

The sight of young Kashmiri children hurling hand grenades at security forces in Sopore - shown on a TV news channel on Sunday - should have prompted the separatist outfits in the Valley to condemn, swiftly and without equivocation, those who cynically put young lives at risk to promote their nefarious ends. But no such condemnation was forthcoming. They and their fellow-travellers can be trusted to advance the moth-eaten argument that such incidents must be traced to the Indian state's refusal to provide political space to those who challenge its sovereignty in Jammu & Kashmir. Such self-serving charges cannot detract attention from the fact that by using children to engage in hostilities, the militants and their mentors across the border are guilty of wanton cowardice - a desperate act to remind the world of their relevance when normalcy is fast returning to the state.

Cowardice apart, the militants are in breach of the April 2004 UN Security Council resolution that "strongly condemned the recruitment and use of child soldiers" which, it added, are "in violation of international obligations". The resolution further noted the fact that "the conscription and enlistment of children under the age of 15 or using them to participate actively in both international and non-international armed conflict is classified as a war crime by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court". Will the separatists, who never miss a chance to recall the UNSC resolutions of late 1940s regarding 'self-determination' for the people of J&K, now summon the courage to pay heed to resolution 1539 unanimously adopted by the UNSC in 2004?

The Times of India on Mobile

pmaitra

I have seen the video.

Frankly, if presented in a court as evidence, the judge will toss it out the window.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I have a better idea. Every time a teenager or young boy indulges in this sort of behaviour, the police should arrest his parents and they should be summarily sentenced to 10 years in jail through a court martial. Before they are released, they should be permanently sterilized.

The boy himself should be picked up and sent to a re-education centre until he's 24 where he's taught the correct version of historical events in J&K. After 24, he should be made to spend a further 6 years in mandatory national service in various parts of the country for government sponsored projects such as the Polio eradication programme or the Rural Employment schemes.

The purpose should be to punish those who allow their children to go wayward, while at the same time inculcating patriotism among the younger generation of Kashmiris.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles