Karna's grasp of Dharma

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I did not bitch about Surya but about his son, who ignored everything to save his friendship.
Karna do not know that he is Pandav until Krishna tells him.

He gave his word to Duryodhan that he will protect and fight for him , For Karna he is fulfilling his words when he fought against Pandavas.

He stood by his words which is commendable.

Karna is a better personality than Arjun in terms of character or with a bow.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Karna do not know that he is Pandav until Krishna tells him.

He gave his word to Duryodhan that he will protect and fight for him , For Karna he is fulfilling his words when he fought against Pandavas.

He stood by his words which is commendable.

Karna is a better personality than Arjun in terms of character or with a bow.
1) Don't give stupid word that bring calamity to human kind
2) He did not need to know that he was a Pandava to stop giving ego massage to Duryodhan

This is how you should treat vows: https://anandatirtha.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/when-arjuna-killed-yudhishtira/

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Giving a vow is a different thing, But Karnas vows are legitimate but again he gave many concessions while battling pandavas.

One of the best characters in Mahabharata.
So he was not even true to his friend, Duryodhana.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
2) He did not need to know that he was a Pandava to stop giving ego massage to Duryodhan

This is how you should treat vows: https://anandatirtha.wordpress.com/2009/04/30/when-arjuna-killed-yudhishtira/

Duryodhana was the only one who gave him respect. He made a charioteer's son a King. Everyone else mocked him on account of his "birth". He would've been an inconsequential player if it weren't for Duryodhana. Look at how Eklavya was taken out of the picture.

And since everyone knew that Pandu couldn't have fathered the Pandavas because of the curse yet were accepted as such by the seniors such as Bhishma etc. why didn't they accord proper respect to "Karna" account of whose birth was also known to them.

==

Karna having being abandoned by Kunti, still promised her that he will not kill any other Pandava save Arjuna. Further he also surrendered his armour to Indra, Arjuna's father, even when he knew that would mean the end of him.

There is also a tale of how when Karna was lying mortally wounded in the battlefield, Indra and Surya entered a debate on whose son is greater, and then as a test a man came to Karna asking for charity to cremate his family. Karna broke his own gold tooth and gave it to him establishing his superiority.

==

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And you want "stupid" Hindus to listen to you by abusing the cycle of life and death. :rolleyes:
You can keep your filthy interpretations of the Dharma and other things to yourself . Thanks:rolleyes:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You can keep your filthy interpretations of the Dharma and other things to yourself . Thanks:rolleyes:
How were they filthy, which inviolable code they did break ? Somebody is a sore loser.
=

Denying Karma or rebirth is like denying gravity. :rofl:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
How were they filthy, which inviolable code they did break ? Somebody is a sore loser.
=

Denying Karma or rebirth is like denying gravity. :rofl:
And that loser is you.:rofl:

On a serious note, I dont want to troll with hypocrites like you.You can keep your filth to yourself

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
And that loser is you.:rofl:

On a serious note, I dont want to troll with hypocrites like you.You can keep your filth to yourself
I understand you have nothing to offer on this topic. And the more you stay the more you might end up alienating your "fellow" Hindus who are not derisive of the Hindu scriptures.

So you have my permission to offer a few juvenile ad hominems and escape to other threads to take out your frustrations on the "enemy".

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I understand you have nothing to offer on this topic. And the more you stay the more you might end up alienating your "fellow" Hindus who are not derisive of the Hindu scriptures.

So you have my permission to offer a few juvenile ad hominems and escape to other threads to take out your frustrations on the "enemy".
No the truth is I dont want anything to do with your nonsense and your "interpretation" of Dharma. I like to evaluate Dharma on my own and come to my own understanding on this subject. And for that I will engage with people I think would actually help me with that. Not people with agenda like you

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So he was not even true to his friend, Duryodhana.
But I thought his concessions were derived as "charity" to his mother - who asked for two boons or something - 1. Not using Nagasthra, more than once, 2 Not killing any other Pandava other than Arjuna. He dint betray friendship or anything. From what I know, he was more devoted to his words, his generosity than to his friendship. His loyalty to Dhuryothana was more out of his loyalty to his words than his loyalty to friendship.

Anyway, I like the character of Krishna the most in Mahabharata - from what I understand, he is the one who made the difference in the war between Pandavas and Kauravas. So, I dont understand why people here consider his death as somehow paying for his adharma?

Correct me if I am wrong

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
No the truth is I dont want anything to do with your nonsense and your "interpretation" of Dharma. I like to evaluate Dharma on my own and come to my own understanding on this subject. And for that I will engage with people I think would actually help me with that. Not people with agenda like you
I have offered that the characters like Bhishma, Ram, Yuddhishthir, Karna etc. some of whose actions might seem "Adharmic" cannot be called "Adharmic" because the seers have proclaimed them to be upholders of "Dharma". For which I have offered an hypothesis which seeks to uphold the views of the Seers.

Calling this an agenda, or nonsense or my interpretation of Dharma is absolutely fine only if you try to debate or reason to the contrary.

The fact that you called Karmic law, rebirth etc Dharmic concepts nonsense and are trying to skirt away from the topic at hand by employing ad hominems it is only clear what your agenda is. Retreating like a coward.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I have offered that the characters like Bhishma, Ram, Yuddhishthir, Karna etc. some of whose actions might seem "Adharmic" cannot be called "Adharmic" because the seers have proclaimed them to be upholders of "Dharma". For which I have offered an hypothesis which seeks to uphold the views of the Seers.

Calling this an agenda, or nonsense or my interpretation of Dharma is absolutely fine only if you try to debate or reason to the contrary.
I have no reason to.Anyway in case you missed, people making the claim should be the ones who should offer evidence for their claims and it is no different for Dharmics.

The fact that you called Karmic law, rebirth etc Dharmic concepts nonsense and are trying to skirt away from the topic at hand by employing ad hominems it is only clear what your agenda is. Retreating like a coward.
I called your reasoning that I will be reborn as a feminist cunt as nonsense. Besides, I have no reason to abide by the "reborn - cycle" of Hinduism anyway.

As usual you are just trolling like a retard. Leave me alone. I have no reason to debate anything with the likes of you.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I have no reason to.Anyway in case you missed, people making the claim should be the ones who should offer evidence for their claims and it is no different for Dharmics.
So you are one of those self-loathing Hindus who want proofs and claims a la Christians for the existence of the truths distilled by the Hindu seers ? tsk tsk

I called your reasoning that I will be reborn as a feminist cunt as nonsense.
I believe we were just joking around. No need to get offended and use obscene words.

Besides, I have no reason to abide by the "reborn - cycle" of Hinduism anyway.
Concept of rebirth as per Hinduism which you reject will not cease to apply on you if you don't believe in it.

I gave an analogy of gravity, denying it won't make you fly.

As usual you are just trolling like a retard. Leave me alone. I have no reason to debate anything with the likes of you.
I don't meet your quota ? :troll:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
While he might be best in Charity, that does not make him best overall.

I for one think Krishna is the best in the Mahabharatha characters as he is always willing to put the greater good ahead of the petty things. I agree with his philosophy. And if I am not mistaken, Pandavas would never have won without Krishna

You know there is another story I read, which I dont know if you have already heard or not.

Similiar argument between Krishna and Arjuna on why Karna is the most charitable person in the world. So Krishna wants to demonstrate to them on why. So he gives them a test. He gives them two mountains made of gold and asks them to donate it fully before the end of the day. the Five brothers work very hard to cut the mountains down and donate them to others. But unfortunately for them, the more they cut out of the mountains, the more the mountains grew. So at the end of the day, they still could not finish the job. And they accepted defeat.

Then Krishna called Karna and asked him to do the same thing. You know what Karna did? He asked two people to come and donated one mountain to each :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So you are one of those self-loathing Hindus who want proofs and claims a la Christians for the existence of the truths distilled by the Hindu seers ? tsk tsk
Concept of rebirth as per Hinduism which you reject will not cease to apply on you if you don't believe in it.
I gave an analogy of gravity, denying it won't make you fly.
I don't meet your quota ? :troll:
Go ---- yourself

I believe we were just joking around. No need to get offended and use obscene words.
No need to get offended by obscene words

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Go ---- yourself
No need to get offended by obscene words
Being a Punjabi and from Delhi I cannot be offended by obscene words.

Although, being one of the staff of the forum I have to strongly urge you to detest from employing such language. Obscene words sully the atmosphere.

"A wound inflicted by arrows heals, a wood cut down by an axe grows, but harsh words are hateful?a wound inflicted by them does not heal. Arrows of different sorts can be extracted from the body, but a word-dart cannot be drawn out, for it is seated in the heart." - Mahabharata

Let us in the spirit of this thread detest from using harsh words.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Duryodhana was the only one who gave him respect. He made a charioteer's son a King. Everyone else mocked him on account of his "birth". He would've been an inconsequential player if it weren't for Duryodhana. Look at how Eklavya was taken out of the picture.

And since everyone knew that Pandu couldn't have fathered the Pandavas because of the curse yet were accepted as such by the seniors such as Bhishma etc. why didn't they accord proper respect to "Karna" account of whose birth was also known to them.

==

Karna having being abandoned by Kunti, still promised her that he will not kill any other Pandava save Arjuna. Further he also surrendered his armour to Indra, Arjuna's father, even when he knew that would mean the end of him.

There is also a tale of how when Karna was lying mortally wounded in the battlefield, Indra and Surya entered a debate on whose son is greater, and then as a test a man came to Karna asking for charity to cremate his family. Karna broke his own gold tooth and gave it to him establishing his superiority.

==
Your post proves nothing and the point remains:

2) He gave ego massage to Duryodhan for whole life even though Duryodhan helped him personally.

Do you hold Manmohan in high esteem since he played as a pawn in the last government? Karna too was powerful enough to take dharmic decision and not support Duryodhan for all stupid beliefs.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles