Karachi killings: Pak minister blames wives, girlfriends

Sikh_warrior

Professional
ISLAMABAD: After initially pointing fingers at the Taliban, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has come out with a bizarre theory on the raging violence in Karachi, blaming "wives and girlfriends" for 70 % of the killings in the city where ethnic and political rivalries have claimed scores of lives.

In comments that were ridiculed all over the media, Malik told reporters during an interaction in Quetta yesterday that more people had been killed by those who wanted to get rid of their wives, girlfriends and boyfriends than those responsible for "target killings" in Karachi.

He was responding to a question on the killing of more than 150 people in recent clashes in the port city.

"According to my personal experience in Karachi, if, let's say, it is said that 100 people have died in target killings, when I did the investigation, I found that there were only 30 target killings," Malik said.

"Seventy % were those people who wanted to be rid of their wives and girlfriends or girlfriends who wanted to be rid of their boyfriends. All the figures are with me, they killed them," he added.

The Interior Minister's comments invited ridicule of TV talk show hosts and users of popular micro-blogging website Twitter, who posted the video footage in which Malik was seen making the remarks.

Dunya News channel, in a report posted on its website, said: "However, one fails to understand if the Interior Minister knows this much, what is stopping him from taking meaningful action".

Karachi killings: Pak minister blames wives, girlfriends - The Times of India

Pak politicians no better than Indian politicians!!:namaste:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Symptomic of denial mentality. Find excuses. I must say Malik is pretty creative in his stupidity.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Pak politicians no better than Indian politicians!!:namaste:
off cousrse not. Pak politicians are better. When was the last time you heard such a creative excuse from an Indian politician. Give credit where it's due ;-))

ganesh177

Country flag
Only place which will make you feel good about indian politicians is pakistan.

Phenom

:pound:

When I read the news I thought it was parody,
I thought a minister can't be this stupid. But I am so wrong.

This news is worthy enough to be in onion.com without any edits :pound:

Blackwater

off cousrse not. Pak politicians are better. When was the last time you heard such a creative excuse from an Indian politician. Give credit where it's due ;-))
Truly pak politians are always better.They wear good suits not kurta pajama, drive BMW unlike ours in ambassadors. Looting money $,dual citizenship The minister malik in Q was middle level police officer which helped zardari when he was imprisoned. Now he is home minister of pak thanks to zardari who did't forget his help. he is one of the ministers in pak, who is british national but minister in pak.

It happens only in pak

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles