Kapil Dev wants Sachin Tendulkar to retire immediately

Blackwater

It is not only Kapil Dev who has passed comments, many other cricketers have passed similar comments.

Given Indians dismal performance where all have failed, hope still lingers in the human breast - maybe Sachin will make a comeback and India will regain the glory.

However, with Bangladesh next in the line, it will not be such a huge splash, but then the chances of the 100th 100 is real good!

we all pray he come back make his 100th 100 but if he fails than he should call off the day

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Forget about averages. Its been a long time that Sachin has won a match for India.

trackwhack

Racehorses when they are past their prime are put to pasture.

Young fillies may not still be comparable, but then one has to give them some room to grow into champions.

Brian Lara was no mean champion himself. He had the grace to realise when it was time, instead of chasing wills
o' the wisp.

I dont know where you get your match reports from but Lara in his last 10 tests averaged 40 against his career average of 53 and retired at the age of 38.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I dont know where you get your match reports from but Lara in his last 10 tests averaged 40 against his career average of 53 and retired at the age of 38.
I wouldn't know, not being a Test Cricketer, but then there has been much in the news that compared Lara with Tendulkar. Obviously, the comparison would not be there if both were not good enough to be compared.

Here is what a few Test cricketers have to say

Sachin Tendulkar vs Brian Lara, Sachin vs Lara, Tendulkar vs Lara

I am not prone to the excellent character trait that some term as hero worshipping for the simple reason - it is heartbreaking when the hero falls.

trackwhack

For starters would this do?

That is, if you are not a Test Cricketer yourself, since you would then be head and shoulders above us!
Anyone who has not played professional cricket is a keyboard cricket expert, that includes everyone on this forum and cricket journos, writers and so on. Thats not a judgement. That is fact. Please indicate where I was judgmental. Else you are only falsely making accusations.

trackwhack

I wouldn't know, not being a Test Cricketer, but then there has been much in the news that compared Lara with Tendulkar. Obviously, the comparison would not be there if both were not good enough to be compared.

Here is what a few Test cricketers have to say

Sachin Tendulkar vs Brian Lara, Sachin vs Lara, Tendulkar vs Lara

I am not prone to the excellent character trait that some term as hero worshipping for the simple reason - it is heartbreaking when the hero falls.
What does any of what you said support the statement

He had the grace to realise when it was time, instead of chasing wills o' the wisp.
when obviously that statement was made indicating Sachin is not retiring with the grace that Lara did?

If we are to go by stats, Lara was as bad if not worse than Sachin was in his last 10 tests.

plugwater

No, he wont!!

I want him to score 100 today, the biggest milestone against Bangladesh that would go well in history ;)

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
^^
Well he broke 34 test century record of Gavaskar against bangladesh only :D

Last edited:

Blackwater

No, he wont!!

I want him to score 100 today, the biggest milestone against Bangladesh that would go well in history ;)
This is what i mean, will he retire today means. will he score 100 ,so that he can retire.. take water from ur earplug:frusty::frusty::taunt1::taunt1:

plugwater

He wont retire, not a chance.

I am guessing next world cup. Gavaskar is no body in world cricket if i am not wrong.

Think about the wankfest in media if he scores!! Media blackout for me for atleast one week.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Beat this!

Sachin Tendulkar becomes first batsman to hit 2000 boundaries in ODIs

Sachin Tendulkar on Friday became the first batsman in One-day internationals to hit 2000th boundary during India's Asia Cup match against Bangladesh at Dhaka.

Tendulkar reached the milestone when he smashed Mashrafe Mortaza to the cover boundary.

The master blaster is followed by Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya with 1500 boundaries.

Earlier, Tendulkar has reportedly dismissed speculation that he will retire after scoring his much-awaited 100th international ton.

A news channel has reported that Tendulkar, in an SMS sent to them, has rubbished all speculations about his retirements.

Sachin Tendulkar becomes first batsman to hit 2000 boundaries in ODIs | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

plugwater

I bet Sachin also has the highest number of ones, twos and threes :p

Sachin = GOD !!

Reactions: nrj

Blackwater

becoz of his 100 he is ruining the match,, wasting lot of balls:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles