Kalki-The Tenth Avatar of Vishnu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decklander

In the days of Bhrigu Rishi there were no telescopes, how is it that they were able to calculate the precise motion of planets and their entry one zodiac to another on precise date? How did they calculate that the path of moon around earth is inclined by 5* and so called these two nodes as Rahu & Ketu? How did they calculate the period of revolution of earth and other planets around sun and divide the universe in 12 zodiac signs of 30* each with 27 Nakhshatras and also calculate the ecliptic and dakshinayan and uttaranayan of Sun? How did they calculate that earth is inclined by 23.5* to the plain of sun?
If I share more with you from Vimana Purana, you will go mad. They knew how many
times a pilot of an aircraft must eat and which all are the routes out of earth to various planets and at what time. Modern science has just proven them to be correct. Just the way we have air routes, we also have intraplanetary routes.
Have you ever read Garud Purana? Pls read it and tell me if modern science has proven anything beyond it about genetics and embrayo development and growth of featus to a mature child. It seems after reading that purana that someone had seen it all and written it all. How cud they do it? They did not have ultra sound or MRI?

I suggest that you guys pls spend sometime reading about them all by taking a time off from your girlfriends or study it with them.

Decklander

The BBC can be an @ss sometimes.

A BBC documentary examining the great leap in scientific knowledge that took place in the Islamic world between the 8th and 14th centuries.

Isaac Newton is, as most will agree, the greatest physicist of all time.
At the very least, he is the undisputed father of modern optics, or so we are told at school where our textbooks abound with his famous experiments with lenses and prisms, his study of the nature of light and its reflection, and the refraction and decomposition of light into the colours of the rainbow.

Yet, the truth is rather greyer; and I feel it important to point out that, certainly in the field of optics, Newton himself stood on the shoulders of a giant who lived 700 years earlier.

For, without doubt, another great physicist, who is worthy of ranking up alongside Newton, is a scientist born in AD 965 in what is now Iraq who went by the name of al-Hassan Ibn al-Haytham.

Most people in the West will never have even heard of him.
As a physicist myself, I am quite in awe of this man's contribution to my field, but I was fortunate enough to have recently been given the opportunity to dig a little into his life and work through my recent filming of a three-part BBC Four series on medieval Islamic scientists.
Modern methods
Popular accounts of the history of science typically suggest that no major scientific advances took place in between the ancient Greeks and the European Renaissance.
But just because Western Europe languished in the Dark Ages, does not mean there was stagnation elsewhere. Indeed, the period between the 9th and 13th Centuries marked the Golden Age of Arabic science.
Great advances were made in mathematics, astronomy, medicine, physics, chemistry and philosophy. Among the many geniuses of that period Ibn al-Haytham stands taller than all the others.
Why between 8th and 14th century? That was the time arabs came in contact with India and learnt from us. Than they destroyed it as the concept of god does not exist in Hinduism and so Allah wud have become irrelevent.

Last edited by a moderator:

SPIEZ

Country flag
In the days of Bhrigu Rishi there were no telescopes, how is it that they were able to calculate the precise motion of planets and their entry one zodiac to another on precise date? How did they calculate that the path of moon around earth is inclined by 5* and so called these two nodes as Rahu & Ketu? How did they calculate the period of revolution of earth and other planets around sun and divide the universe in 12 zodiac signs of 30* each with 27 Nakhshatras and also calculate the ecliptic and dakshinayan and uttaranayan of Sun? How did they calculate that earth is inclined by 23.5* to the plain of sun?
If I share more with you from Vimana Purana, you will go mad. They knew how many
times a pilot of an aircraft must eat and which all are the routes out of earth to various planets and at what time. Modern science has just proven them to be correct. Just the way we have air routes, we also have intraplanetary routes.
Have you ever read Garud Purana? Pls read it and tell me if modern science has proven anything beyond it about genetics and embrayo development and growth of featus to a mature child. It seems after reading that purana that someone had seen it all and written it all. How cud they do it? They did not have ultra sound or MRI?

I suggest that you guys pls spend sometime reading about them all by taking a time off from your girlfriends or study it with them.

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't Garud Purana talk on how evil doers should be punished?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Okay noob question, any other source apart from Wikipedia where we can find references to the claims? I mean translations of original text?

@Decklander @Bhadra

Decklander

Same is the case with Europeans. They had a sudden jump in their scientific knowledge from 16th century onwards when they found a direct route to India with no need to trade thru arab traders with India.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
In 1993 on 9th June I ejected from a Sea Harrier. My wife was pregnant at that time and was away to Jammu. She was foretold about my ejection. She was told that I will have an accident and will suffer extensive injuries on my right side of the body. it happenned exactly like that. I thought accident meant road accident but it was an ejection from an aircraft. I got six stiches on right side of my head and my right leg had torn muscles for taking the impact of my landing. My Parachute did not deploy and I had a free fall of over 80 feet on the runway shoulder. I survived with no bones broken. I was downgraded medically and went on leave. I met my grandfather and told him all the story including the prediction which my wife had told me.
I am a brahmin, Astrology has always been a part of family knowledge. I, just like most of you after getting educated in modern science made fun of astrology. My grandfather than taught me astrology. I was shocked to my bones when I saw that Nautical Alamanac for which we pay royalty to British Admirality was a copy of our Panchang. I learnt it and have found it to be a perfect science. You may call me stupid and I do not mind.
Astrology has its roots in astronomy and our entire astrology is built on relative motion and not true motion. I was able to decipher many other unknown parts of our astrology due to my knowledge of modern science and was shocked to know that calculas, integration and logrithems are part of our astrology. Our rishies knew it and westerners stole it from us and presented it as theirs. The so called Keplars laws of Planetary motion are totally a copy and stolen from Indian knowledge base.
Thats anecdotal evidence.

Anyway, there astrologers who have seen my Jatakam have said three things about me- 1. I will be in a govt job(not likely), 2. I will be a Doctor, 3. I will be a businessman... Now tell me whose is to be believed? So of these three prediction, one of them is bound to have happened no(probability being 0.33)?

I am yet to be convinced of the astrology! Also, if you can provide any links regarding this subject it would be great. Thanks in advance!

Anyway, funny thing, according to astrology, India will have NDA in power at center in 2014, or so I heard :D

Also, I wont discount anything as non-sense if provided with study/proof. I am still a cat on the wall with regard to Super-Natural....

Decklander

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't Garud Purana talk on how evil doers should be punished?
Garud Purana is recited only when a Hindu dies. This was a blessing given by Lord Ram to Garud who had fought Ravana to save Mata Sita. No one will get sadgati till Garud Path is done was the word given by Lord Ram to Garud. So this Purana is read and heard only on the death of somebody.
My Mother died in 2005 and I sat for her last rites and dharmakarma. It was than that I read it. Till date I have not found anytext which describes the journey from featus to child in as much detail as Garud Puran does. It describes everymonth of creation in the womb.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
The BBC can be an @ss sometimes.

A BBC documentary examining the great leap in scientific knowledge that took place in the Islamic world between the 8th and 14th centuries.

Isaac Newton is, as most will agree, the greatest physicist of all time.
At the very least, he is the undisputed father of modern optics, or so we are told at school where our textbooks abound with his famous experiments with lenses and prisms, his study of the nature of light and its reflection, and the refraction and decomposition of light into the colours of the rainbow.

Yet, the truth is rather greyer; and I feel it important to point out that, certainly in the field of optics, Newton himself stood on the shoulders of a giant who lived 700 years earlier.

For, without doubt, another great physicist, who is worthy of ranking up alongside Newton, is a scientist born in AD 965 in what is now Iraq who went by the name of al-Hassan Ibn al-Haytham.

Most people in the West will never have even heard of him.
As a physicist myself, I am quite in awe of this man's contribution to my field, but I was fortunate enough to have recently been given the opportunity to dig a little into his life and work through my recent filming of a three-part BBC Four series on medieval Islamic scientists.
Modern methods
Popular accounts of the history of science typically suggest that no major scientific advances took place in between the ancient Greeks and the European Renaissance.
But just because Western Europe languished in the Dark Ages, does not mean there was stagnation elsewhere. Indeed, the period between the 9th and 13th Centuries marked the Golden Age of Arabic science.
Great advances were made in mathematics, astronomy, medicine, physics, chemistry and philosophy. Among the many geniuses of that period Ibn al-Haytham stands taller than all the others.
Arabia was relatively free of conflict during this time:notsure:... Also, during this time, it was the Islamic people, who were questioning their beliefs on god and were actual fore-runners of thought. During this time, the Europeans were dominated by their religion-Chrisitianity-

But, during the Renaissance, this got reversed, with Christians reforming their faith to allow scientific progress, with Islam locking itself in a closet(which has not been opened till now). IT was actually, the Islamic world, from which the lost knowledge in astronomy/math and other sciences were learnt back by the Europeans. This is also the reason why Christian civilisation is great now, as against the Islamic civilisation, which has gone back to Barbaric age in which it originated!

This is a perfect example of what a religion can do to centuries of progress in a matter of decades...

Decklander

Thats anecdotal evidence.

Anyway, there astrologers who have seen my Jatakam have said three things about me- 1. I will be in a govt job(not likely), 2. I will be a Doctor, 3. I will be a businessman... Now tell me whose is to be believed? So of these three prediction, one of them is bound to have happened no(probability being 0.33)?

I am yet to be convinced of the astrology! Also, if you can provide any links regarding this subject it would be great. Thanks in advance!

Anyway, funny thing, according to astrology, India will have NDA in power at center in 2014, or so I heard :D

Also, I wont discount anything as non-sense if provided with study/proof. I am still a cat on the wall with regard to Super-Natural....
Can you pls tell me your accurate date and time of birth alongwith place? let me do the predictions for you.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Or otherwise how can big bang occur out of nothing.....
We dont know yet! Does not mean GOD did it:rolleyes:

If we start answering it that way for all the Unknowns, we will go back to Iron age, sorry hunting-gathering...

Last edited:

WMD

Garud Purana is recited only when a Hindu dies. This was a blessing given by Lord Ram to Garud who had fought Ravana to save Mata Sita. No one will get sadgati till Garud Path is done was the word given by Lord Ram to Garud. So this Purana is read and heard only on the death of somebody.
My Mother died in 2005 and I sat for her last rites and dharmakarma. It was than that I read it. Till date I have not found anytext which describes the journey from featus to child in as much detail as Garud Puran does. It describes everymonth of creation in the womb.
sir, i hav no recalling of Garuda ever fighting Ravana but it was Jatayu who fought Ravana trying to save Sita.
can u pls enlighten me abt Garuda fighting Ravana.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Garuda did not fight Ravana. It was Jatayu who was Garuda's newphew who fought Ravana..

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
If you had done that, you will not call our vedas nonsense nor will you ask a question like,"Who created god"? Lord krishna has very clearly explained this in Bhagwat Gita.
That was a question for Yusuf, not for you. I'm aware of the Upanishadic concept of "ultimate reality"

btw I called Puranas nonsense, not the Vedas. Puranas are a bunch of stories overwritten multiple times

Decklander

sir, i hav no recalling of Garuda ever fighting Ravana but it was Jatayu who fought Ravana trying to save Sita.
can u pls enlighten me abt Garuda fighting Ravana.
You are correct. Jatayu fought Ravana but Garuda is the called the king of all birds and so I used it.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
I am a brahmin, Astrology has always been a part of family knowledge. I, just like most of you after getting educated in modern science made fun of astrology. My grandfather than taught me astrology. I was shocked to my bones when I saw that Nautical Alamanac for which we pay royalty to British Admirality was a copy of our Panchang. I learnt it and have found it to be a perfect science. You may call me stupid and I do not mind.
Astrology has its roots in astronomy and our entire astrology is built on relative motion and not true motion. I was able to decipher many other unknown parts of our astrology due to my knowledge of modern science and was shocked to know that calculas, integration and logrithems are part of our astrology. Our rishies knew it and westerners stole it from us and presented it as theirs. The so called Keplars laws of Planetary motion are totally a copy and stolen from Indian knowledge base.
Quite well brought out but not the complete truth. There are many inconsistency in the satement.
The ancient Indian astronomical knowledge including the mathemetics involved was quite advanced as prpounded by Aryabhatta and later on by Barhamihira but then Indians lost track of it.

Nautical almanac is not a copy of Indian Panchang. Indian panchang is rather derived from the moder emphimeries by subtracting what is called ayanamsa. Indians have two traditions of Almanac making called Vakya Panchng and Drik Panchang. And there is no consensus on what should be the correct ayanamsa (Ayan + Amsa). The satndandard panchang used in Jammu is Devi Dayal panchang which is a bit diffrent from the standard Lahiri Panchang..

Indian traditions take the true value of the planet rather than the mean value ( for example for Rahu and Ketu).... We had a very advanced system of making alamanc but lost it in between due to Muslim invasion though Barhmin astrological traditions ratained some of the system. But all (including Lahari and Calender reforms commitee) rely on the ephimeries (almanec) as published by the British including the calculations for the Table of Houses.

You need to progress further in your studies.

Use the free Jaganath Hora programme which gives multiple choices for calculation.

The most advanced software for almanec is the Swiss Ephimeries which is also a open source and free software.

Last edited:

pmaitra

Or otherwise how can big bang occur out of nothing.....
Infinite energy, zero mass, is the same as nothingness.

E = mc[SUP]2[/SUP]

Hiranyagarbha is that so called golden egg which contained all the matter. If you look at the shape of a blackhole which has eaten up all the matter around it, it looks somewhat like an egg. maybe the entire matter of universe was contained within one such single blackhole which collapsed and the entire matter flew out in all different directions creating galaxies, stars, planets and satellites etc.
Black hole cannot look like anything. Black hole attracts all photon particles, and therefore, nothing escapes from its gravity. No photos particles means one cannot see it. To claim that it looks like an egg is absurd. I respectfully disagree.

There was no 'before', all time and space began only after the big bang. In other words, the physical laws of cause and effect do not apply to the big bang.
+1

The concept of time is closely related with the rotation and revolution of the earth. Translated further outwards into the universe, the circling of celestal bodies around a centre is the measure of time. If all the bodies ceased to move, or if all the bodies were sucked into a mega black hole, and reduced to zero mass, there would be no time, and hence, there would be no 'after' and 'before.'

GPM

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am neither a biologist nor have i studied evolution in depth. for me evolution was man came from monkeys while its a lot more than just that. Neither have i had any discourse on to prove or disprove the theory according to Islam.

@LurkerBaba keeps asking me if i believe in evolution, well i never really pondered on it to form any critical opinion on it and just went by what the science books said.

BTW Christians too dont believe in evolution and it use to be a huge issue in the US about the chapter on evolution and reconcile it with the bible.

Even according to Hinduism there is no concept of evolution i think. Bhrama is the creator as per my limited knowledge.
Yeah, you don't know much about evolution. Who says man descended from monkeys? None at all.

You don't know much about it vis-a-vis Hinduism too. Nowhere is it mention that universe was created out of nothing, a la abrahmic traditions.. Second, no Hindu opposes teaching of evolution.

Last, kindly study some Hindu philosophy to know what is said aboutb general evolution of world.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yeah, you don't know much about evolution. Who says man descended from monkeys? None at all.

You don't know much about it vis-a-vis Hinduism too. Nowhere is it mention that universe was created out of nothing, a la abrahmic traditions.. Second, no Hindu opposes teaching of evolution.

Last, kindly study some Hindu philosophy to know what is said aboutb general evolution of world.
Religious studies never excited me. So I will decline the advice. Even if I wanted to, one lifetime will be less to master one religion let alone all to give balanced view on all.

Sukerchakia

Why between 8th and 14th century? That was the time arabs came in contact with India and learnt from us. Than they destroyed it as the concept of god does not exist in Hinduism and so Allah wud have become irrelevent.
But the Arabs or the region that is called the Middle East was in contact with India since the times of the IVC. If they wanted to copy and spread, they could have done it earlier. Or you simply do not want to give credit to the Arabs for anything they came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles