KALI 5000 - Enemy Missiles - Here we come!

keshtopatel

eagleone 55 Minutes Ago
what if some thing happen to nuclear submaine
It (sub) will be sitting peacefully in the sea grave, unlike a Nuke plane who might fall on a populated area and toast many homo sapiens in the form of dirty bomb........

10 April 1963
The nuclear submarine Thresher imploded during a test dive east of Boston.

keshtopatel

keshtopatel

u said it is not fesible due to wegiht thats why i gave u all this..i to know this
Well off course as a means of propulsion yes, something you never mentioned in your first post.....

You said the folowing:

i think putting a nuke reactor on a plane will be more feasible
And I said:

To do what? Achieve what?

If you would have used the key word "propulsion" then I would not have used 700 tonnes factor either.....

EagleOne

Well off course as a means of propulsion yes, something you never mentioned in your first post.....

You said the folowing:

And I said:

To do what? Achieve what?

If you would have used the key word "propulsion" then I would not have used 700 tonnes factor either.....

i think putting a nuke reactor on a plane will be more feasible
these are not my worlds .
i gave u info because u mention weight factor thats it

keshtopatel

these are not my worlds .
i gave u info because u mention weight factor thats it

Yes its quoted by someone (Shiv) not you ( I did scroll back), however I thought it came from your thought process........Thats why I even quoted such reference in my post #91.... but its okey

The thrust here, or the crux of the matter is, that there exists the chance of radiation fallout - should the nuke proppelled aircraft go down and kill many innocent people in the third country not involved in a war. There are liablity issues of humongous proportions if such an American case happened in China for example.

Against this, the Nuke subs dont prowl in littoral water, they remain in open sea-International water, and should the accident happen, the sub goes down, like in the past.

EagleOne

Yes its quoted by someone (Shiv) not you ( I did scroll back), however I thought it came from your thought process........Thats why I even quoted such reference in my post #91.... but its okey

The thrust here, or the crux of the matter is, that there exists the chance of radiation fallout - should the nuke proppelled aircraft go down and kill many innocent people in the third country not involved in a war. There are liablity issues of humongous proportions if such an American case happened in China for example.

Against this, the Nuke subs dont prowl in littoral water, they remain in open sea-International water, and should the accident happen, the sub goes down, like in the past.
true
they may be used for extra terrestial missions:emot15:

let the thread be back to DEW

luckyy

nuclear reactor on plane, you guys need to think of the disaster which will happen if the plane crash.
there is no need to put a nuclear reactor on plane..

i guess we can put a number of high voltage capaciters in parallal combination on a plane , these capaciters can be chargered before a mission at the base station .......the charge stored on these capaciters can then be utilise to fire the EM gun..

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Star Wars VII – The KALI strikes back

Star Wars VII – The KALI strikes back

BY: Neeraj Kakar security Editorial Panel For Security Magazine

In January 2009, the Brahmos Army version was undergoing a specific user scenario test which failed. The missile overshot its target by a few kilometers.

No one ever knew what parameters were getting checked & what exactly went wrong. The media cover up was that the missile failed to detect its target in a simulated urban environment with similar target decoys scattered at close proximity. But it was widely speculated in defense forums that the Americans had sniffed the test in advance & had selectively turned off the GPS in the test area, talk about the good old American gift - 'to Russia with love'. This has led to India's interest in having its own GPS system the GAGAN/IRNSS after talks failed, for India to be a part of the Russian GLONASS and the EU's 'Galileo'. Reportedly, the recent Brahmos tests with GLONASS receivers have been successful and it's an important direction towards removing dependency on American GPS.

The modern economies & their armed forces in particular are heavily dependent on satellites. Reconnaissance imagery, communication via satellite phones, target co-ordinates for missiles launched by land, fighter aircrafts or ships, everything needs an input from the satellite in one way or the other.

Imagine a war theatre in 2050, it is definitely not going to be on the land, air or sea.

for manual co-ordinates from the local ATC, there would be no DTH TV and the F-22 would fall out of sky like a stone. The outcome is unimaginable chaos. I believe, with almost everyone having the N-bomb nowadays, thanks to AQ Khan, the next most powerful weapon will be a country's capability to knock out the adversary's satellites. This will also be the most potent deterrent in the years to come. It's the 21st century 'Little Boy' that can bring a superpower to its knees.

Assuming CAG keeps doing a good job and the DRDO restructuring goes well, coupled with an 8% GDP growth, assuming ISRO/DRDO are exempted from international sanctions and technological apartheid; come 2025, and DRDO would present to the Indian armed forces the weaponized KALI – Kilo Ampere Linear Injector or the kinetic attack loitering interceptor. The Kali is a BARC-DRDO project started in 1985. Kali in simple terms is an electron injector. The electron beam is further concentrated to form a high energy EM ray. It is a high power X-ray/Microwave gun which can blast a missile or a satellite. The latest form of KALI is the Kali-5000 which can produce beams as strong as 40 GW, which is good enough to vaporize or cause extensive damage to electronic gadgetry. However currently at 26 tons, it is too heavy to be weaponized, it is too power hungry and needs a lot of recharge time.

The US already has been running the Kinetic Energy Anti-Satellite (KE-ASAT) program, funded by approx. $50 Mil yearly, and the Chinese have the ASAT program. The Chinese, however, have been much more innovative. They are speculated to have created the satellite suicide bomber, it is a 'parasitic' microsatellite or a Nano-satellite that attaches itself to a bigger satellite and then detonates itself on Beijing's instruction. It is a new age predator beyond anyone's imagination.

Last edited:

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hey guys please don't laugh if you find this question idiotic but can this weapon be used as an anti satellite weapon?

shom

KALI 5000 - Enemy Missiles - Here we come!

The Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) has assembled `KALI-5000' is a powerful electron accelerating machine assembled by the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai, which, its scientists say, can potentially be used as a beam weapon.

Bursts of microwaves packed with gigawatts of power (one gigawatt is 1000 million watts) produced by this machine, when aimed at enemy missiles and aircraft, will cripple their electronics systems and computer chips and bring them down.

Today we bring to you the star war weapons designed and developed indigenously in our country.

At a time when missiles are increasingly becoming relevant in modern warfare and when the threat of a pre-emptive nuclear attack from Pakistan is realistic, Kali-5000 is India's answer to any uninvited incoming missiles and planes. Moreover, the beam can also be used to cripple the enemy satellite and UAVs in no time.

According to scientists, ''soft killing`` by high power microwaves has advantages over the so called laser weapon which destroys by drilling holes through metal.

Kali-5000 will be ready for testing by the end of this year, according to Mr P H Ron, head of the accelerator and internal linkpulse power division at Barc and chief designer of India`s first star wars weapon.

However, in the present form India`s beam weapon is too bulky - it weighs 26 tonnes - including tanks containing 12000 litres of oil. Mr Ron said some ''compacting`` was possible. He said Kali (kilo-ampere linear injector) machine was developed for industrial applications and that the defence use was a recent spinoff. He, however, declined to elaborate.

Describing it as a machine ''bordering basic research,`` Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Rajagopalan Chidambaram admitted in an interview that it has military potential. ''There are some technologies we have to be in touch with because they may become useful (later),`` he said.

Development of the Kali machine was mooted in 1985 by Dr Chidambaram, then director of Barc, but work earnestly began in 1989.

Mr Ron said the machine essentially generated pulses of highly energetic electrons. Other components in the machine down the line converted the electrons into flash x-rays (for ultra high-speed photography) or microwaves. The electron beam itself can be used for welding.

The Defence Balistics Research Institute in Chandigarh is already using an x-ray version of Kali to study speed of projectiles.

WORK IN BANGALORE: Another defence institute in Bangalore is using a microwave-producing version of Kali which the scientists use for testing the vulnerability of the electronic systems going into the light combat aircraft under development and designing electrostatic shields to protect them from microwave attack by the enemy.

According to Barc scientists, the Kali machine has for the first time provided India a way to ''harden`` the electronic systems used in satellites and missiles against the deadly internal linkelectromagnetic impulses (Emi) generated by nuclear weapons.

The Emi wrecks havoc by creating internal linkintenseinternal linkelectric field of several thousand volts per centimetre. The electronic components currently used in missiles can withstand fields of Just 300 volts per centimetre.

While the Kali systems built so far are single shot pulse power systems (they produce one burst of microwaves and the next burst comes much later), Kali-5000 is a rapid fire device, and hence its potential as a beam weapon.

According to Barc-published reports, the machine will shoot several thousand bursts of microwaves, each burst lasting for just 60 billionths of a second and packed with a power of about four gigawatts.

The high power microwave pulses travel in a straight line and do not dissipate their energy if the internal linkfrequency falls between three and ten gigahertz.

According to Barc scientists, a microwave power of 150 megawatts has already been demonstrated in earlier versions of Kali.

"KUDOS!! - all you men in BARC. We are proud of you!"

http://www.sankalpindia.net/drupal/?q=kali-5000-the-power-machine
After gaining knowledge about KALI 5000 ,,, I remember a song which is appropriate for the enemy missiles ,,,, Taak tananaaaa tandurii nights ,, tanduri nightss,,,,, (u can change the wordings just instead of nights u can sing missiles) :rofl:

captonjohn

Country flag
Great news for India as this is a revolutionary technology that would lead us in battlefield.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Lol I thought it was tested today ! but it's a 2 year old news.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
If we can develop successfully a portable power plant for KALI, then the same would be the solution for Electromagnetic Rail Gun.

For both the weapon platforms, the technology drawback is the powerplant.

Can a miniaturized nuclear reactor be the solution? I wonder! :hmm:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Government refuses information on KALI 5000 citing national security

NEW DELHI: The government today refused to share information with the Parliament about KALI 5000 project citing it to be a matter of national security. "The desired information is sensitive in nature and its disclosure is not in the interest of national security," Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in a written reply to Lok Sabha. The question asked was whether there is any proposal to induct KALI 5000 in the armed forces. According to publicly available information, KALI (Kilo Ampere Linear Injector) is a linear electron accelerator being developed in India, by Defence Research Development Organisation (DRDO) and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC). It is designed to work in such a way that if a missile is launched in India's direction, it will quickly emit powerful pulses of Relativistic Electrons Beams (REB) . Unlike laser beams, it does not create a hole in the target but damages the on-board electronic systems. KALI project was first initiated by the then BARC Director Dr R Chidambaram in 1985 and work on the project began in 1989. The government also refused to share much information on safety steps being taken by India for protection of space assets.
Government refuses information on KALI 5000 citing national security

aliyah

some MPs are very eager to know abut India's defense stuff . haven't seen them asking questions about there own territory where they elected from . but very desperate for defense info like how many fighter planes we have ,how many of them in flying conditions now , which missiles we developing etc etc

garg_bharat

Country flag
This is just non-weaponized high power experimental laser. It has no military significance as of yet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles