KALI 5000 - Enemy Missiles - Here we come!

Country flag
The main problem is supplying the massive power needed, if it could possibly be powered thru a nuclear reactor like on an a aircraft carrier the power issue maybe solved and it could possibly be used in a naval role.

xebex

KALI is a particle(electron) accelerator. I am pretty sure about it. It is just a very big CRT type machine, the one you find in TVs.
Kilo Ampere Linear Injector. The name itself indicates it is an accelerator.
mate u r right here. after ur reply i did a research on this matter and figured out about electon accelerators.thanks.:icon_salut:

It's a naturally occurring phenomenon and is completely uncontrolled.
Earthquakes are possible naturally. But, can you simulate one at your home?

Just because something is possible in its natural form does not mean it can be replicated in a lab. Our technology is still too immature to be able to transfer huge amounts of power without wires.
Yes it can but can not predict the "precise" path of travel tho.You can make a lightning in lab condition, infact, u can even predict where its gonna hit to a certain degree. but the whole point of my reply is to stress that wireless transfer of energy is "not fictional".:music_rock:cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_FfqRDdiMo

p2prada

Yes it can but can not predict the "precise" path of travel tho.You can make a lightning in lab condition, infact, u can even predict where its gonna hit to a certain degree. but the whole point of my reply is to stress that wireless transfer of energy is "not fictional".:music_rock:cheers!
I had already understood your point. Its same as plasma stealth. There is already plasma present in the atmosphere that interferes with electromagnetic radiation. But, the same thing cannot be replicated in the real world as we want to. This is the same issue with wireless supply. The real world applications are plenty. But, physics needs to evolve more, we need more Einstein like equations in this field before we can progress.

When I said fictional, it was meant for real world applications. Fusion power is one other example. No one till date has been able to replicate a scale model of the sun on the earth, though it is possible, as of today it is fictional.

As for the example, I would have given the LCA lightning test. :D

neo29

the weaponization of KALI is still in development. it could be made as a anti satellite weapon and also included in ballistic missile defence. but a fact remains that a complete deployment of KALI in the armed forces will boost india's regional supremacy for decades to come.

good work BARC, salute you.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Is USA the only country in the world to have weapons that release laser to destroy incoming missiles?

What are other nations beside USA and India that have been trying to develop such weapons...Russia? China?
I REMEMBER THE RUSSIAN WERE DEVELOPing sometihnng of tht sort in 1989 when extreme massive radiation was detected by US forces in alalska , comiung from kamchatka area.

neo29

the russians were doing some tests during the 1980's. there are reports that indians took the technology from russians and researched it further more and hence the KALI project.

there are various versions of KALI , the KALI 5000 is 10 tons. the microwave radiations emitted from kali 5000 are 3 to 5 GHZ range, dont know how much practical distance. since its weaponization is still in process its hard to tell.

but kali 5000 was used on the lca's electronic systems during lca development stages. hence it helped the lca electronic systems as well as missile system have electrostatic shields that defend from similar EMI and microwave attacks from enemy.

luckyy

i think putting a nuke reactor on a plane will be more feasible for lasers and not for microwave rays(kali),because the modern missiles are being reinforced against EMP threats.

i talked with some of the army officers and they say from a little thermal imager to t-90's to LCA,everything is being tested and reinforced for EMP protection,enabling them to be used in a highly radioactive and emp abundant NBC environment,they say they have developed a special polymer that enables them to protect their equipment from these external threats,other than us only Americans have developed this tech.NBC protection is also a clause in every defence deal we do with the foreigners.

you see my point lethalforce why it is not feasible to put kali on a plane with a reactor,there is no guarantee that are enemies have used NBC protection or not,it is a risk which we cannot afford
aircrafts , missles , tanks etc are all EMP protected but a miniature modle can still be put on a plane and used to electromagnatise the base stations of the enemy ...

luckyy

i guess every nuclear missle undergoes a periodic maintanence and it's chamber used to opened that time....

can we put this electromagnatic weapon in space and keep taracking the nuclear radiation , once the missle opened and we get the radiation signle , we can fire the EM wave on to it to make the missle dead...

am i dreaming ..

keshtopatel

i guess every nuclear missle undergoes a periodic maintanence and it's chamber used to opened that time....

can we put this electromagnatic weapon in space and keep taracking the nuclear radiation , once the missle opened and we get the radiation signle , we can fire the EM wave on to it to make the missle dead...

am i dreaming ..
Above is not a tracking device. Period

keshtopatel

i think putting a nuke reactor on a plane will be more feasible

To do what? Achieve what?

The small form of Nuke submarine PWR is 700 tonnes.

The heaviest plane on the earth Anatov 225 which carries the maximum weight of 250 Tonnes........

Now do the math and see what is feasible.......

Last edited:

luckyy

Above is not a tracking device. Period
there are other nuclear tracking devices which can pick the radiation , once you pick the radiation , you can fire the EM wave .. Menstrual

Last edited:
Country flag
there are other nuclear tracking devices which can pick the radiation , once you pick the radiation , you can fire the EM wave .. Menstrual
we need a good X-band radar as the primary tracking device.

EagleOne

To do what? Achieve what?
The small form of Nuke submarine PWR is 700 tonnes.

The heaviest plane on the earth Anatov 225 which carries the maximum weight of 250 Tonnes........

Now do the math and see what is feasible.......
it is not about fesibility they thought and experimented on them during the coldwar age the construction of nuclear reactor is not the problem the protection of crew from radition is

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
nuclear reactor on plane, you guys need to think of the disaster which will happen if the plane crash.

keshtopatel

it is not about fesibility they thought and experimented on them during the coldwar age the construction of nuclear reactor is not the problem the protection of crew from radition is
If submariners can, why not Aviators?

BTW an airborne Nuclear reactor would achieve what ¿¿¿¿¿¿

EagleOne

If submariners can, why not Aviators?

BTW an airborne Nuclear reactor would achieve what ¿¿¿¿¿¿
it will be used as stategic bomber no mid air refulling is required what a nukesub can achived the same thing can be achived by a nuclear aircarft it can be developed as Surveillance aircraft
UCAV what not (research is going on for UCAV)

keshtopatel

it will be used as stategic bomber no mid air refulling is required

Missiles do the similar job in modern world, why play with the weird and out dated idea - no wonder not a single nation has any program as such!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles