Kalam - Country first - Ego Next

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by trackwhack, Nov 8, 2011.

1. trackwhack

trackwhack Tihar Jail Banned

When the UPA so unceremoniously denied APJ a second term, I vowed I would not vote for them until they made ammends. I havent yet. But look at Kalam himself.
    There is nothing above country for him. He could have easily ignored the current crisis in Koodankulam and let eht UPA handle it. But the man is throwing his weight behind the plant without for a moment thinking about how the political clowns of our country treated him.

Kalam suggests 10-point programme for Koodankulam nuke plant - Rediff.com India News

I'd do anything for this man. I'd be happy if I could do 1% of the service he did to this nation.:hail:

Nagraj, Tshering22 and Sabir like this.
  3. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

the moment i read the header of the thread, a thought crossed, had it been the country first, APJ would still have been the prez. the most revered indian prez ever!

4. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

I would not mind if this guy is made the dictator of India. Honestly.

As for the KNPP plan if those anarchists cant accept this plan they can go to hell. The Govt should crack the whip.

This protest is stoked up by vested interests (link) just like the US backed agitation that derailed the chinese project in Myanmar.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  5. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Are you serious ? there'd be riots on the streets.

6. KS

Why so ....?

If you tried to give some religious angle to it..dont bother replying..for me he is one of the greatest Indians and greatest Tamilians to have ever lived.

7. The Messiah

did i even mention religion angle ? :doh:

you think political parties would allow dictator ?

btw now that you have mentioned it there would be some who'll protest because of religion angle.

8. KS

Given your track record of bringin in differences I thought so..If you didnt my apologies.

The political parties who do nothing but loot me can go to hell and fuck themselves.

9. The Messiah

You underestimate our netas.

Furthermore people wont allow dictatorship.

I think we should have usa style president who stands for election or let pm stand against another candidate.

And i never bring in differences...you do.

10. KS

The Army should be instrumental in helping Dr.Kalam :lol:

yeah yeah.

11. The Messiah

Would never happen

Weren't you discriminating against mallus yesterday and had your posts deleted by mods ? :tsk:

12. trackwhack

As far as I've read the messiah (can I call you the mess instead?) only points out differences that exists. I havent noticed anything he has created. On the other hand your title itself shows Indian/Tamilian. Might be worth some introspection.

13. KS

I made it clear it was my personal wish.

Discriminating..Nope...Just giving a reality check to them that Tamil movies have a very large base and fan following in Kerala. I dont think it was discriminating. Why would I discriminate against my Mallu cousins..:lol:

14. KS

There is nothing to introspect. I am ALL in one - An Indian, a Tamilian, a Hindu, A Kounder...everything..these are my overlapping identities and I am equally proud of all of them.

15. trackwhack

Yes but you do notice that except for Indian all other identities do cause conflict with those who dont share them right? That is within India.

And if you speak about identity, any identity, at a theosophical level, there is no identity including ones own species that warrants any kind of pride.

When I say theosophical level, dont look at the doctrine itself, only the fact that the underlying aspect is one of truth.

16. KS

Not necessarily. You are as much within your right to be proud of yours as I am of mine. If you have the mentality to recognize that then there is no room for conflict.

17. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

I love how some people desire a dictatorship for India and then criticize China and other countries for being dictatorships :facepalm:

The Messiah likes this.
  18. KS

Dude there is a difference in who is the dictator.

I would love an enlightened dictator like Ataturk. Kalam would be one such. Any day he would be better than a PM-in-waiting Rahul Gandhi or MMS.

No one criticises the Chinese for their dictatorship..but only the way they use to maintain the dictatorship. There is a difference.

19. civfanatic

civfanatic Retired Moderator

How do you hold these "enlightened dictators" to be accountable? Their actions are not restricted by any sort of constitution or judiciary.

Democracy in India might be extremely flawed, but at least we have some degree of popular accountability. Think of all the scams that are being uncovered, and all the politicians that are coming under pressure to stay clean. In a dictatorship, this doesn't exist. Do you know how much corruption takes place in the higher levels of the CCP and the Kremlin? They would put the 2G scammers to shame.

All dictatorships maintain control in the same way. They have no popular mandate/accountability, so they resort to force to suppress dissent.

20. nitesh

nitesh Mob Control Manager Stars and Ambassadors

Kalam sir is great

This should close the debate for good

Sabir likes this.
  21. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

i would at least never go for any sort of dictatorship no matter how well intentioned the person in question is.

the emphasis should always be on creation of systems and institutions which create visionaries and go getters.

kalam should just be one of those millions of visionaries that the system and institutions of this country should produce.